X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Engine Livestream - Indie Motion Capture - August 1 - Live from HQ

Unreal Engine Livestream

WHAT
    Creating natural-looking animations can be challenging, but with UE4 and a VR headset, you can create an entry-level motion capture setup without breaking the bank. On this week’s livestream, Victor and Alexander will walk you through how to achieve this with Animation Blueprints and Sequencer.

WHEN
    Thursday, August 1 @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
    Twitch
    Youtube

WHO
    Alexander Paschall - Trainer UE Enterprise - @UnrealAlexander
    Victor Brodin - Community Manager - @victor1erp

RESOURCES
    Project files

ARCHIVE
    Last edited by VictorLerp; 09-16-2019, 01:15 PM.

• replied
    Awesome!! Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Victor, thanks a lot!
    Would be interesting to see more video on that topic in the future (might be full body mocap with Vive trackers?).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been working on a new way for us to share the livestream projects. I hoped to put this project up there before sharing but it's taking a bit logner than planned. For now you can access the project files here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...haring/1665270

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Victor
    Please do not forget about project files to that project. Very interested. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very cool!

Hope it get's uploaded soon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ayy this is so cool! *anxiously waiting for the project to appear online*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the help Victor, I am getting really nice results!
    I am developing the setup also using vive tracker for shoulders and spine and everything is working fine.
    I was only wondering if there is a way to recall in the blueprint the unique ID for each tracker, I see in SteamVR Manage Trackers each one has a kind of serial ID.
    For now I am using the device number IDs but everytime I start steamVR it changes and I have to manually find the correct numbers ID for each one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SirJakeWoodward View Post

Did you ever upload the project? I realize this was a while ago but it would be very helpful
    I'm working on a proper channel for project uploads. It's ready but I have to make sure we share our content in a correct manner, and it's taking a little bit of time to get it set up. It'll hopefully be available shortly!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
    I'll clean the project and upload it as soon as I can!
    Did you ever upload the project? I realize this was a while ago but it would be very helpful

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any documentation or tutorials to help me use vive trackers with motion controllers? It only works with motion controllers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To use 4 Controllers, you need 2 receivers(dongles). I used the Steamcontroller's receiver, and updated firmware on it as per these instructions. Follow the steps under "Controller Dongle".

WARNING: The documentation is old and states that the firmware update can brick the device. I would suggest unplugging your HMD.

The simpler way is to use a Vive Tracker. It works out of the box!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

Thanks! A link to the project will be edited into the OP, and I'll post a response as a reply as well. Working on making the project as small as possible!
    Hey Victor, it was great stream, thanks! Can you please provide more details how to flash /or what I need to buy if I have 4 Vive regular controllers? I just need to buy "tracker" for about 100 bucks and it include some dongle (compatible with all extra controllers), or even in that case I will need flash controllers?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And I'm still using a Kinect + Brekel. The true underdog XD I'll check it out for sure.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SGonzalezUK View Post
    Great and profoundly useful video Victor. Where will you post the the blueprints to?
    Thanks! A link to the project will be edited into the OP, and I'll post a response as a reply as well. Working on making the project as small as possible!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X