No announcement yet.

[Twitch] Hourences visits Epic! - Sept. 11, 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for bring "Hourences" to the states Epic! It was very cool to see him today on the broadcast.

Comment

Great Stream! Had me wishing that I had picked up Unreal 1 back in 99. I was 15 and had just built my first computer as well! I didn't have the drive or work ethic back then though, so who knows how it would have turned out.

In the stream, Hourences mentions there is a size limit to blueprints that isn't well communicated. As my blueprint has grown ever larger I have also wondered about size limits, though I have yet to run into any issues with it.

I am curious if the size limit has been quantified in any way or if it just depends on what you are doing. My generator is running close to 10MB just with the blueprint file itself with 100+ functions and 200+ variables. Still working like a charm.

I think in some ways I am like Hourences because I like to build everything in one area for visualization and split it apart down the line. I intend to split large functions off into smaller blueprints but until it becomes an issue or I feel I have perfected a system I don't have a pressing need. I think I would be far more likely to split things into smaller blueprints if there was an overall project event graph that you could have all blueprints tied together for visualization purposes. Visualization is the killer feature that blueprint brings to the table and a project event graph would be one of the last things you could do to greatly enhance it.

Also, +1 for the multiply/math nodes with multiple inputs!
      Map Generator 1.0
      Map Generator 2.0
      Map Generator 3.0

Comment

Working...
      X