No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine Livestream - TimeSynth in Blueprints - April 25 - Live from HQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LIVESTREAM] Unreal Engine Livestream - TimeSynth in Blueprints - April 25 - Live from HQ

Click image for larger version  Name:	250419_TimeSynthInBlueprints_Announcement.jpg Views:	1 Size:	188.4 KB ID:	1610794

WHAT
    This week we are following up from the Post-GDC show and will be covering more audio! Dan Reynolds will show us an advanced demonstration on how you can create interactive music in Blueprints, and follow up with a simple example on how to get started.

WHEN
    Thursday, April 25 @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
    Twitch
    Youtube

RESOURCES
    TimeSynth project files
    Slide deck
    4.22 Release Notes
    Post-GDC show with Aaron McLeran and Dan Reynolds

WHO
    Dan Reynolds - Technical Sound Designer - @dannthr
    Victor Brodin - Community Manager - @victor1erp
    Amanda Bott - Community Manager - @amandambott

SPOTLIGHT

Save Your Nuts
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/7...ave_Your_Nuts/

Wolves In The Walls
    https://fable-studio.com/wolves-in-the-walls

Retro Rockets
    https://playretrorockets.com/

ARCHIVE
    Last edited by VictorLerp; 04-29-2019, 10:04 AM.

Awesome I'm excited

Comment

I too have excitement

Comment

Will the stream example project be available for download, to follow along with the stream, or to better understand the shown features?
        Jonathan Pressouyre
        Manager - Architect
        Cabinet d'Architecture Pressouyre

Comment

translated by google translation
          I have a question, is it possible for your game engine to expand the languages with a plugin?
          There are more than 18 programming languages Is it possible to expand your engine for example under the python?

Further, your programming language as a visual is not translated into Russian because they can not use
          Is it really difficult to translate your program into 45 languages like an android?

I could not interact with your programming blocks
          I also found it not convenient, is it possible to replace it with a scratch?
          https://scratch.mit.edu/ ?
          for example, I spent only an hour of time creating this game https://youtu.be/Lk1ZG65dqC8
          in your environment, I can not create more than one game

and the problem here is only one software

can you maintain a plugin for programming on scratch?

Comment

Argh what to do for 5 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Göbekli View Post
              Will the stream example project be available for download, to follow along with the stream, or to better understand the shown features?
              The post which this is replying to has a link to download the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Göbekli View Post
                Right here, and the slide deck is also available under "RESOURCES" at the top!

Comment

Livestreaming

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

Right here, and the slide deck is also available under "RESOURCES" at the top!
                    Hey. It looks like example project is not the same as in the steam. It does not work as it supposed, and I can't open anything except blueprint PrototypeTimeSynthActor, which is not commented at all.

Comment

Farkette The project was made in 4.22.1, you will need at least that to open it.
                      Dan Reynolds
                      Technical Sound Designer || Unreal Audio Engine Dev Team

Comment

If you try to open the project in 4.22.0 then the project will open without complaint. But, when you try to open a map (or anything else) you will get a 'failed to load assets' error. It will suggest you look at the message log but the message log is empty and gives you no clue.
                        It took me a little while to realise that the downloaded and extracted project had associated itself with my copy of engine 4.22 downloaded editor and had ignored my compiled from source 4.22.1 engine. Had to right click the .uproject and switch unreal engine version.
                        Works nice now.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Hi dan.reynolds I love the TimeSynth! This is something Unreal has needed for a long time... I've been stalling almost 4 years, working on other areas in my project, waiting for someone like you to come along and build this. I'm so happy you're working on it. I've got a few questions, though... can you help?

Firstly, I'm a bit confused on defining time signatures and tempos... for example, in my DAW (Ableton), I'm creating loops at 100BPM in 9/4 time, but no matter what I put in the TimeSynth settings, the BPM is always off (slower) and it seems it won't count anything but 4/4 accurately. See attached.

Secondly, when I pull "Num Bars" and "Beat" info from the "On Beat Event" delegate, this is my output:

LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 0 Beat# 2.0
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 0 Beat# 4.0
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 0 Beat# 6.0
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 0 Beat# 0.0
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 1 Beat# 2.0
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 1 Beat# 4.0
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 1 Beat# 6.0
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 1 Beat# 0.0
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 2 Beat# 2.0
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 2 Beat# 4.0
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 2 Beat# 6.0
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 2 Beat# 0.0

I was expecting to see beats #1 - 9, for each bar... am I misunderstanding? And why are these counting in twos? Lastly, what does beat 0 translate to? Is that suppose to be the start of the bar (conventionally counted as 1)?

If I'm misunderstanding, how should I define the TimeSynth settings to align with 9/4 @ 100BPM?

Thanks!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SVR33 View Post
                            Hi dan.reynolds I love the TimeSynth! This is something Unreal has needed for a long time... I've been stalling almost 4 years, working on other areas in my project, waiting for someone like you to come along and build this. I'm so happy you're working on it. I've got a few questions, though... can you help?

Firstly, I'm a bit confused on defining time signatures and tempos... for example, in my DAW (Ableton), I'm creating loops at 100BPM in 9/4 time, but no matter what I put in the TimeSynth settings, the BPM is always off (slower) and it seems it won't count anything but 4/4 accurately. See attached.

Secondly, when I pull "Num Bars" and "Beat" info from the "On Beat Event" delegate, this is my output:

LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 0 Beat# 2.0
                            LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 0 Beat# 4.0
                            LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 0 Beat# 6.0
                            LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 0 Beat# 0.0
                            LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 1 Beat# 2.0
                            LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 1 Beat# 4.0
                            LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 1 Beat# 6.0
                            LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 1 Beat# 0.0
                            LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 2 Beat# 2.0
                            LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 2 Beat# 4.0
                            LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 2 Beat# 6.0
                            LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Music_BP_C_0] Bar# 2 Beat# 0.0

I was expecting to see beats #1 - 9, for each bar... am I misunderstanding? And why are these counting in twos? Lastly, what does beat 0 translate to? Is that suppose to be the start of the bar (conventionally counted as 1)?

If I'm misunderstanding, how should I define the TimeSynth settings to align with 9/4 @ 100BPM?

Thanks!
                            Thanks for alerting us to these issues. I'll take a look at reproducing them locally. Currently we consider the TimeSynth to be in Early Access, hopefully with help from early adopters like you, we'll make a truly useful tool.
                            Dan Reynolds
                            Technical Sound Designer || Unreal Audio Engine Dev Team

Comment

Thanks Dan, I know you're busy... happy to help however I can!

Comment

Working...
                              X