Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Spring #ue4jam: Marketplace Takeover - May 2-7 - Theme: The Other Side of the Coin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to upload a new version of the game? Not for the jam judges, but I just want to continue the project.

I thought it will be possible to have 2 versions side by side, one for jam and one updated one, but the itch.io says: "Uploads are temporarily disabled because voting for 2019 Spring #ue4jam: Marketplace Takeover is in progress. You'll be able to make changes after the jam is over."
    Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for GamesModular Japanese House

TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

Originally posted by scha View Post
      Is there a way to upload a new version of the game? Not for the jam judges, but I just want to continue the project.

you could probably upload the game to a different itch page, then since you can still update the game jam's description you could link people to the newest version.

You may have to differentiate the name and url as well.
      YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoc...KYPSK6g7vZ5CNg

Comment

Hey @all, totally forgot to post here too!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot.JPG Views:	3 Size:	91.9 KB ID:	1619277

This is our UE4 Game Jam entry, "CLASH OF COINS", a local 2 player coin wrestling/fighting game on a destructible and tilting arena - the goal is to flick or knock the other player (coins!) off of the arena by using whirl attacks or jump-smashes.
        Tiles you hit with a jump-smash are then destroyed, so the session gets harder the longer it lasts.
        Additinally parts of the arena start flipping around after a certain time, so both players need to watch out for that too.
        Each coin-player has three lives!

Check it out and please leave us some feedback!

https://zwizausch.itch.io/clash-of-coins

Here's a short gameplay trailer:

Last edited by Mr.Zz; 05-14-2019, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Uploads will be enabled once the judging period is over (end of May). You can update description with a link for now if you'd like to!

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

Uploads will be enabled once the judging period is over (end of May). You can update description with a link for now if you'd like to!
            Thank you! I'll wait. Is the announcement of results June 13?
            Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for GamesModular Japanese House

TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

Thank you! I'll wait. Is the announcement of results June 13?
              Yes, the winners will be announced on the June 13 livestream.

Comment

I am leaving on a cruise with no ability to watch the livestream and I wont be able to get back online or check email for 5 days. Is there a certain amount of time I have to respond if I win something?

Comment

Originally posted by dmac921 View Post

I am leaving on a cruise with no ability to watch the livestream and I wont be able to get back online or check email for 5 days. Is there a certain amount of time I have to respond if I win something?
                  Unless the cruise is a year long you'll be fine

Comment

I want to give my opinion on something. I feel like Epic should do a better job of making this kind of thing more visible. I have been searching for when the results will be made available, for weeks, and only by luck, in this small post, do I now see the date, in what is an obscure forum post. Shouldn't this date be a sticky on the main spring jam page or something? You should make Epic fans excited for this kind of stuff man, we love the Unreal engine and the Epic jams, but being excited about this and anticipating it starts with simply knowing this kind of thing (like the date of the winners announcement stream). This date should have been very prominent on the Epic homepage. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by LonesomeSoldier View Post
                      This date should have been very prominent on the Epic homepage. Right?
                      I actually agree, it really should be displayed on the jam page (and not only for this specific one, but for all Epic Jams in the future).

Also, irrelevant, but I feel the time between the jam and the announcement a bit too long. Of course evaluation and a bunch of things need to be taken care of, but we're talking about more than 5 weeks (which is almost the mid-time between 2 jams), after this time the rush of the jam is totally forgotten, I rather feel getting ready for the next one instead of talking about the previous one.
                      LinkedIn, Engine Contributions
                      Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects
                      Marketplace: Viewport Utilities, Blueprint Streams, Control Structures

Comment

Originally posted by KristofMorva View Post

I actually agree, it really should be displayed on the jam page (and not only for this specific one, but for all Epic Jams in the future).

Also, irrelevant, but I feel the time between the jam and the announcement a bit too long. Of course evaluation and a bunch of things need to be taken care of, but we're talking about more than 5 weeks (which is almost the mid-time between 2 jams), after this time the rush of the jam is totally forgotten, I rather feel getting ready for the next one instead of talking about the previous one.
                        Have you ever tried reviewing over 100+ game titles while still balancing events and your daily job?

Comment

Originally posted by SirKallvin View Post
                          Have you ever tried reviewing over 100+ game titles while still balancing events and your daily job?
                          I'm not saying it's not justified, it just "feels" a bit detached.
                          LinkedIn, Engine Contributions
                          Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects
                          Marketplace: Viewport Utilities, Blueprint Streams, Control Structures

Comment

Will they ever post results so we at least know how our game ranked?

Comment

I'm very much doubting that they will, but you never know. I would be really nice if they did.

Comment

Good luck everyone, hope you are all successful.

Comment

Working...
                                X