Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Spring #ue4jam: Marketplace Takeover - May 2-7 - Theme: The Other Side of the Coin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear VictorLerp and Amanda.Bott,

i have a question but its more of a private one, therefore I send my question as a private message, can you please check it?

Thanks,
    Nail

Comment

Can we just add .zip or can we package in a .rar?

Comment

Originally posted by Alianza Games View Post
        Can we just add .zip or can we package in a .rar?
        .rar is a proprietary file format that itch doesn't support.

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

The Contest is open to participants 16 or older.

"Submission may include sourced (non-original) assets, but the sourced assets must be noted. Submission must not include assets created prior to the Contest Period (outside of noted sourced assets)"

"Sourced (non-original) assets that aren’t from the Unreal Engine Marketplace will not be reviewed and scored."

Yes, you can use any content made prior to the jam (as long as it's noted in your submission) but we don't judge that content and we don't score it. This has been the case previously. The special rule for this jam is that we DO judge and reward score for Marketplace assets.

Let me know if that clears it up!
          Sorry for late response. Yes it does.
          Modular House Interior Pack

Medieval Dinnerware Pack

Comment

Hello, I would love to be sure to understand that ->
            • "All art assets in the game must have a material other than the default applied to it."
            Does this mean that you can for example take the paragon assets for the marketplace take over, but need to change the material applied to them by default ?

Or does it mean we can't use the default Wall/Floor material of the engine on the original art assets we would create for the game ?

Sorry if it's a silly question but I don't want to guess there, I'm really hyped about that jam xD !

Thanks.

Comment

I've asked the exact same question. And it means you can't use the default wall/floor material.
              For those looking to earn a little money from home during this virus, or any time really: https://www.swagbucks.com/lp-savings...extRb=69551109 A free $3 when you sign up!

Comment

I've missed it, thanks for the answer ^^.

Comment

Quixel Megascans quit the Jam?

Comment

It looks like they have...
                    For those looking to earn a little money from home during this virus, or any time really: https://www.swagbucks.com/lp-savings...extRb=69551109 A free $3 when you sign up!

Comment

I have a question. Do fonts count against scoring? So if I use a font that was not created during the jam would that count against me?
                      Modular House Interior Pack

Medieval Dinnerware Pack

Comment

Originally posted by Trickbag Games View Post
                        I have a question. Do fonts count against scoring? So if I use a font that was not created during the jam would that count against me?

This is on the jams itch.io page

"List any content that was created before the jam that was included in the final submission.
                        • This DOES NOT affect your score for this jam! "

So fonts are fine.

but they really should revise that rule, since technically a person could have already made a full game over the course of a few years and if it happens to match the theme they could submit it fair and square.
                        YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoc...KYPSK6g7vZ5CNg

Comment

So, when does it begin?

Comment

Originally posted by hollivals View Post
                            So, when does it begin?
                            2pm CST today.

Comment

Originally posted by SevenRedFalls View Post
                              Hello, I would love to be sure to understand that ->
                              • "All art assets in the game must have a material other than the default applied to it."
                              I'm wanting clarification. Do they mean UE4 default material or that we have to change materials on assets from the MP?

Comment

Originally posted by dmac921 View Post

I'm wanting clarification. Do they mean UE4 default material or that we have to change materials on assets from the MP?
                                It is just talking about the UE4 default material

Comment

Working...
                                X