Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine Livestream - Creating a VR spectator camera - Feb 21 - Live from HQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really nice , I'm trying to prototype an asymmetric VR co-op game on one PC .
    I'm quite new with BP .

What do we have to change/add to be able to use the standard 3rd person character and animations that comes with the engine content ?
    Everything is set up to target a pawn actor.

Thanks
    Last edited by R4DI4NT; 04-08-2019, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Themap666 View Post
      Is it possible to have an application running on two screens, one of them being the spectator camera covered in the livestream, and another one just displaying the usual HMD livefeed?
      I don't think this is possible without modifying source code unfortunately, and I wouldn't know where to begin. I'd search and see if people have been able to do "split screen" but on two monitors. nDisplay might also be an option, but I'm just brainstorming here.

Originally posted by R4DI4NT View Post
      What do we have to change/add to be able to use the standard 3rd person character and animations that comes with the engine content ?
      Everything is set up to target a pawn actor.
      I'm assuming that you'd like to use the 3rd person character BP for the player controlling the Spectator Mode Camera. You can't use "Add Movement Input" without possessing the pawn, and since our player controller is possessing the VR Pawn, the workaround would be to use an AI Controller for the 3rd person character, and add the SceneCaptureComponent (just like in the example project) to it.

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

I'm assuming that you'd like to use the 3rd person character BP for the player controlling the Spectator Mode Camera. You can't use "Add Movement Input" without possessing the pawn, and since our player controller is possessing the VR Pawn, the workaround would be to use an AI Controller for the 3rd person character, and add the SceneCaptureComponent (just like in the example project) to it.

Thanks a lot for your reply Victor.

Would it be possible, using this method, to recreate the same walking/jumping effect that a normal character has and the interaction with other actors ,such as pick up or move an object in the scene?

Also , for the only purpose of the VR asymmetrical local multiplayer , could this tutorial be more sutable for my needs , instead ?
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lN2eZIgAQ0
        So I would only need to somehow add the Vr Player in it .

Thanks in advance.
        Last edited by R4DI4NT; 04-08-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Would it be possible, using this method, to recreate the same walking/jumping effect that a normal character has and the interaction with other actors ,such as pick up or move an object in the scene?
          Yes, but you will have to do the input similar to how we did the flying camera to execute walk/jump/etc.

Also , for the only purpose of the VR asymmetrical local multiplayer , could this tutorial be more sutable for my needs , instead ?
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lN2eZIgAQ0
          So I would only need to somehow add the Vr Player in it .
          It's a good tutorial but in this case we can't use two player controllers like a traditional local multiplayer game does. The tutorial series then goes into how to set up a networked multiplayer game which we don't need since everything is local.

Comment

Working...
          X