Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine Livestream - Action RPG: Gameplay Abilities System - Jan 31 - Live from HQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    We had technical difficulties and had to postpone the stream until next week. Really sorry about this folks, everything was working fine this morning.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
      We had technical difficulties and had to postpone the stream until next week. Really sorry about this folks, everything was working fine this morning.
      That's okay. Hopefully you guys will spend more time on the questions being asked here.

      My main question which I hope is addressed is how to correctly set up abilities that are Locally Predicted for a multiplayer environment. At the moment, if I spawn a projectile in the ability, it spawns 2 of them, one for the client and one on the server. This looks bad from the client POV because he sees two projectiles. The Proxy clients only see the Server spawned projectile which is fine.

      So, what's the best practice for setting up projectiles for a multiplayer environment?

      Comment


        #18
        Yeeees!! Great topic for a stream!

        Comment


          #19
          I am trying to expand the equipment system in the example so that each item can have multiple abilities, and when the player equips an item in the inventory they can choose what skill will be used (E.g.: The weapons have multiple possible attacks, and the potions can be drunk or thrown). and an item needs to be wielded to be used (e.g. A potion can be wielded just like a weapon)


          What do you think would be the best way to implement this?

          Comment


            #20
            did this happen ? cant find the video on youtube

            Comment


              #21
              cant find the video on youtube

              Comment


                #22
                It should be live now!

                Comment


                  #23
                  I'm a little late to the party but now that Paragon is RIP, how is this going to affect the development of the Gameplay Abilities plugin? Is it still in active development? Are there plans to continue working on it?

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Fyi if your looking for the video. Twitch video has synced audio. Your Youtube video must've lost audio sync, or Amanda is beat boxing smooth jazz.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by thadkinsjr View Post
                      Fyi if your looking for the video. Twitch video has synced audio. Your Youtube video must've lost audio sync, or Amanda is beat boxing smooth jazz.
                      Something went wrong when trimming the video on youtube. A new edit has been made and once it's processed audio should be back in sync.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by huklen View Post
                        I'm a little late to the party but now that Paragon is RIP, how is this going to affect the development of the Gameplay Abilities plugin? Is it still in active development? Are there plans to continue working on it?
                        It's used in Fortnite.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X