Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine Livestream - Scaleform to UMG with Six Foot Games - Oct 18 - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[TWITCH] Unreal Engine Livestream - Scaleform to UMG with Six Foot Games - Oct 18 - Live from Epic HQ

Click image for larger version  Name:	Dreadnought_OG_Neutral.jpg Views:	1 Size:	205.6 KB ID:	1540468

WHAT
    Six Foot recently launched their space combat title Dreadnought on Steam; the update included a significant UI overhaul. Join us as their team calls in to discuss how they converted from Scaleform to UMG, including prototype development. They will cover challenges faced along the way, lessons learned leading up to launch, and demonstrate their UI development process.

WHEN
    Thursday, October 18th @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
    Twitch
    Youtube
    Facebook

WHO
    Kevin Rucks - UI Designer, Six Foot Games
    Matt Giffels - UI/UX Manager, Six Foot Games
    Tim Slager - Community Manager - @Kalvothe
    Amanda Bott - Community Manager - @amandambott

COMMUNITY SPOTLIGHT
    Medieval Steve
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...ojects/1538832

AutoSize Comments Plugin
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...ojects/1540542

Pirate Memory Match Game
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...ojects/1540672

ARCHIVE
    ​​​​​

Last edited by Kalvothe; 10-18-2018, 05:33 PM.

Hello, does it mean i could use my advanced flash skills?

Comment

Scaleform is Flash-based UI tool. You certainly can leverage your existing Flash skills with it. However, Flash wasn't designed as a Game UI tool, so it can be difficult to work with. After using Scaleform for many, many years, I'd take UMG 9 times out of 10.

Comment

luv UMG even with it's caveats

Comment

UMG is good but would be greater if Epic picked up some of the best features from Scaleform. I would still use Scaleform if it was built the engine like it was with UE3. Unfortunelatly, Scaleform is discontinued by Autodesk now and the last UE4 integration had several issues, but was in overall a good product. I hope Slate will get some more love by Epic and also bring along further UMG improvements!

Comment

datee
            Originally posted by datee View Post
            UMG is good but would be greater if Epic picked up some of the best features from Scaleform. I would still use Scaleform if it was built the engine like it was with UE3. Unfortunelatly, Scaleform is discontinued by Autodesk now and the last UE4 integration had several issues, but was in overall a good product. I hope Slate will get some more love by Epic and also bring along further UMG improvements!
            Interesting! I'd be curious to hear more about the kinds of Scaleform 'Best Features' you're missing.....
            I never liked Scaleform tbh. I made UDK HUD / UI out of Render-Textures, Triggers / LOS_Triggers.
            Plus until UMG had WIC (Widget-Interaction-Component) to replace the above, I wasn't really a fan....

Comment

Working...
            X