2018 Epic MegaJam Thread - November 8-15 - THEME: REALITY IS OFTEN INACCURATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Can I use assets from the unreal Marketplace or other asset markets?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by takistudio View Post
    Sorry dumb question is there a problem if I use blender&gimp etc? I'm not familar to houdini or 3dsMax.
    You can use any software you're comfortable with! The primary thing to keep in mind is, if you use assets that other people created, even if you modify them using Blender or Gimp or otherwise, you'll need to disclose your use of those assets when you submit your game. That's not to say you shouldn't use them — pre-made assets are used very commonly by game jam participants — but you just need to be up-front about which assets existed before the jam started. This helps ensure judging remains fair. A more thorough explanation of this and other rules can be found on the itch.io page for the jam.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's my first time participating in a GameJam! Looking forward to it. Gonna be fun

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry dumb question is there a problem if I use blender&gimp etc? I'm not familar to houdini or 3dsMax.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey is there any word on when the Houdini trial licenses will be distributed for the jam

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SSDennisDev View Post
    Hey, so how do we actually get that free perforce server? Who do we need to contact?
    Send us an email at community@unrealengine.com!
    Originally posted by Grot13
    I know there is no prize for the worst game, but I would like to try one day to participate to a jam, I just don't find where to join (I've read the itch.io page but can't find any registration form or similar...)
    You don't have to sign-up ahead of time or anything, but you can create an Itch.io account and on the main jam page, click "Join Jam."

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bom dia epic , muito obrg pelo seu servidor por causa dele eu não consegui as 35 categoria

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, so how do we actually get that free perforce server? Who do we need to contact?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mr137 View Post
    Soundly promo code for the jam is expired? Sent a tweet to them to see what the go is.
    Will follow up with Soundly.
    Originally posted by iliasLaajali
    Hi Amanda , is the use of softwares trial versions allowed for the jam ? like 3Dsmax , Zbrush and so on ?
    Yep, feel free to use trials.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Soundly promo code for the jam is expired? Sent a tweet to them to see what the go is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello!

This will be the first Jam I join, is there any problem on using Substance Painter shaders?

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Reporting in once again! Look forward to it.
    Originally posted by ag858 View Post
    Take the path of the most enjoyable resistance. That way if the end result is not great at least you had a great time.
    Agreed, just join/create a team and go in as a learning experience. I learnt a lot from my last two, for example make sure if you do a practice run that you leave a gap between the practice and actual jam, it killed me for a while (winter jam).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ImaginaryRobbie View Post
    I'm excited! This will be the first Jam I join.
    Do any veterans have any advice for a greenhorn?
    Take the path of the most enjoyable resistance. That way if the end result is not great at least you had a great time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm excited! This will be the first Jam I join.
    Do any veterans have any advice for a greenhorn? One week seems like a tight time limit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AntoineOMEGA View Post
    Does each member of the team need to Join the Jam on itch.io?
    Nope - you only need one of you to submit! Just be sure to list all of your team in the submission form.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X