No announcement yet.

2018 Epic MegaJam Thread - November 8-15 - THEME: REALITY IS OFTEN INACCURATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey is there any word on when the Houdini trial licenses will be distributed for the jam

Comment

Sorry dumb question is there a problem if I use blender&gimp etc? I'm not familar to houdini or 3dsMax.

Comment

It's my first time participating in a GameJam! Looking forward to it. Gonna be fun

Comment

Originally posted by takistudio View Post
          Sorry dumb question is there a problem if I use blender&gimp etc? I'm not familar to houdini or 3dsMax.
          You can use any software you're comfortable with! The primary thing to keep in mind is, if you use assets that other people created, even if you modify them using Blender or Gimp or otherwise, you'll need to disclose your use of those assets when you submit your game. That's not to say you shouldn't use them — pre-made assets are used very commonly by game jam participants — but you just need to be up-front about which assets existed before the jam started. This helps ensure judging remains fair. A more thorough explanation of this and other rules can be found on the itch.io page for the jam.

Comment

Can I use assets from the unreal Marketplace or other asset markets?

Comment

Originally posted by Icecreambike View Post
              Can I use assets from the unreal Marketplace or other asset markets?
              Yes you can. You'll just need to mention it when you submit.
              Website/Portfolio: http://www.VictorBurgosGames.com

Join me on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/BurgosGames for UE4 Game Dev. If you need help, just stop by and ask!

Currently looking for exciting new opportunities! Available for work!
              https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...ars-experience

Comment

I'm a first timer as well. Two questions left for me:

First: "All art assets in the game must have a material other than the default applied to it." I will have to use premade assets from the marketplace like Infinity Blade stuff. Do I have to change the material on those?! If so, is it okay to just recolor the textures?

Second: Is it allowed to use character models from Mixamo? If so, go to question one.

Comment

Originally posted by Morhol View Post
                  I'm a first timer as well. Two questions left for me:

First: "All art assets in the game must have a material other than the default applied to it." I will have to use premade assets from the marketplace like Infinity Blade stuff. Do I have to change the material on those?! If so, is it okay to just recolor the textures?

Second: Is it allowed to use character models from Mixamo? If so, go to question one.
                  When they say the 'default material' they mean the "WorldGridMaterial" material on meshes with a currently unset material, like new BSP brushes or a new landscape. The dark placeholder material you see while the shaders are compiling. (Maybe Epic could tweak the FAQ, this is one of the most common prejam misunderstandings)

Yes, you can use character models from Mixamo. Just declare any premade assets when you submit.

Comment

Originally posted by ag858 View Post

When they say the 'default material' they mean the "WorldGridMaterial" material on meshes with a currently unset material, like new BSP brushes or a new landscape. The dark placeholder material you see while the shaders are compiling. (Maybe Epic could tweak the FAQ, this is one of the most common prejam misunderstandings)

Yes, you can use character models from Mixamo. Just declare any premade assets when you submit.
                    Great, many thanks for the info!

Comment

Hey all! Does anyone know where you can find the lightsync emulator?

Comment

Hello everyone, this is going to be my first jam.
                        i have 2 question...
                        1) Do we need to create/join a team through croudforge or can we make it some other way as well?
                        2) could I get some more details on where to submit the game and how, like do o need to send any gameplay footage or just the game files packaged? Like it is supposed to have an executive file or the uproject file?
                        Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hello everyone, this is going to be my first jam.
                          i have 2 question...
                          1) Do we need to create/join a team through croudforge or can we make it some other way as well?
                          2) could I get some more details on where to submit the game and how, like do o need to send any gameplay footage or just the game files packaged? Like it is supposed to have an executive file or the uproject file?
                          Thanks in advance!
                          1: You are not forced to do team through croudforge, you can do in any way as you want

2:
                          - You need to cook and package your build with executable of course.
                          - You need to create an account on http://www.itch.io (one account is enough if you work with team, doesnt need to register account for every member)
                          - When you finished and packaged/cooked your game -> compress to zip -> create "new game page" on http://www.itch.io (dont worry, your games page will be not live immediatly, will be live only when you publish your game... that means you can create your game's page right now and edit name and upload zip file later )
                          - After you created your game's page you are able to fill basic informations and upload your zip file
                          - If everything is allright you can publish your game (this will make your game's page live to everyone) and THEN you can submit your game to Epic's Megajam if you open megajam's page ( https://itch.io/jam/2018-epic-megajam ) you will see a submit button as i remember... then you can select your LIVE game and just press submit button..
                          Then you need fill the "second" form which is mostly visible for Epic only.

I think i did not forgot anything, have fun!

Comment

Hi, I'm confused about this:

... and giving participants the weekend to create and submit an awesome game built in the engine. The jam ends on Thursday, November 15th at 2PM EST.

Does this mean we must submit the released game on sunday? And after weekend what will happen until next thursday?

Comment

Originally posted by Ocasoblack View Post
                              Hi, I'm confused about this:

... and giving participants the weekend to create and submit an awesome game built in the engine. The jam ends on Thursday, November 15th at 2PM EST.

Does this mean we must submit the released game on sunday? And after weekend what will happen until next thursday?
                              Hey!

No worries, you have until the 15th to finish your project; I don't know why they have it worded like that, but it is.

Good luck all!

Comment

I assume... the Lightsync is a Logitech-only thing and has nothing to do with Intel?

The only "emulator" I can see inside Logitech Gaming Software shows a keyboard that shows when light changes are triggered, I assume that is it? So if I change the light in an RGB mouse / keyboard that's the same trigger as it would be for the lightsync speaker stuff?

Comment

Working...
                                X