Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAME JAM] 2018 Epic MegaJam Thread - November 8-15 - THEME: REALITY IS OFTEN INACCURATE

Click image for larger version

Name:	TW_EpicMegaJam_Promo_181026.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1544340
    The 2018 Epic MegaJam, our biggest #ue4jam of the year, is coming right up! This is a fantastic opportunity for you to have some fun while honing your Unreal Engine development chops - and you could win some fantastic prizes from our sponsors.

The Epic MegaJam will kick off on November 8th at 2PM EST, on our weekly Unreal Engine livestream, during which we’ll cover the rules, prize details and ultimately conclude with the ever-anticipated theme announcement. Participants will have seven days to create their games before submissions are due on November 15th.

Detailed information about submissions, sponsors, and prizes can be found on the Epic MegaJam Itch.io page, which will be the official information center for the jam. More sponsors and prizes will be shared in the weeks leading up to the main event!

Use this thread for forming teams, general jam discussion, show and tell, and questions!
    Last edited by Amanda.Bott; 10-26-2018, 04:24 PM.

Very nice. Might have to join this one. It's been awhile since I've done a jam.
    Website/Portfolio: http://www.VictorBurgosGames.com

Join me on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/VictorBurgosGames for UE4 Game Dev. If you need help, just stop by and ask!

Lead Programmer - Contagion VR: Outbreak: http://www.indiedb.com/games/contagion-vr-outbreak

Comment

Does each member of the team need to Join the Jam on itch.io?

Comment

Originally posted by AntoineOMEGA View Post
        Does each member of the team need to Join the Jam on itch.io?
        Nope - you only need one of you to submit! Just be sure to list all of your team in the submission form.

Comment

I'm excited! This will be the first Jam I join.
          Do any veterans have any advice for a greenhorn? One week seems like a tight time limit.

Comment

Originally posted by ImaginaryRobbie View Post
            I'm excited! This will be the first Jam I join.
            Do any veterans have any advice for a greenhorn?
            Take the path of the most enjoyable resistance. That way if the end result is not great at least you had a great time.

Comment

Reporting in once again! Look forward to it.
              Originally posted by ag858 View Post
              Take the path of the most enjoyable resistance. That way if the end result is not great at least you had a great time.
              Agreed, just join/create a team and go in as a learning experience. I learnt a lot from my last two, for example make sure if you do a practice run that you leave a gap between the practice and actual jam, it killed me for a while (winter jam).

Comment

Hello!

This will be the first Jam I join, is there any problem on using Substance Painter shaders?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Soundly promo code for the jam is expired? Sent a tweet to them to see what the go is.

Comment

Hi Amanda , is the use of softwares trial versions allowed for the jam ? like 3Dsmax , Zbrush and so on ?

Comment

Originally posted by mr137 View Post
                      Soundly promo code for the jam is expired? Sent a tweet to them to see what the go is.
                      Will follow up with Soundly.
                      Originally posted by iliasLaajali View Post
                      Hi Amanda , is the use of softwares trial versions allowed for the jam ? like 3Dsmax , Zbrush and so on ?
                      Yep, feel free to use trials.

Comment

Hey, so how do we actually get that free perforce server? Who do we need to contact?

Comment

Bom dia epic , muito obrg pelo seu servidor por causa dele eu não consegui as 35 categoria

Comment

I know there is no prize for the worst game, but I would like to try one day to participate to a jam, I just don't find where to join (I've read the itch.io page but can't find any registration form or similar...)
                            Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/Otholithe-g...6187709110889/ Discord : https://discord.gg/QRNCssW
                            YT channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuS...IIFzVZZVmfniug

Comment

Originally posted by SSDennisDev View Post
                              Hey, so how do we actually get that free perforce server? Who do we need to contact?
                              Send us an email at community@unrealengine.com!
                              Originally posted by Grot13 View Post
                              I know there is no prize for the worst game, but I would like to try one day to participate to a jam, I just don't find where to join (I've read the itch.io page but can't find any registration form or similar...)
                              You don't have to sign-up ahead of time or anything, but you can create an Itch.io account and on the main jam page, click "Join Jam."

Comment

Working...
                              X