No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine Livestream - Introducing the FaceAR- August 9 - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're struggling to get a custom character set up as well. I got it to push to our iphone, and the livelink shows the character moving in the editor, but no movement on the phone version.

Comment

I was wondering if the searching for a face to track pop-up is really necessary? It happens often even in well lit rooms. I've never noticed this kind of behavior with ani mojis or the Face Cap app. Why is the UE4 AR kit so sensitive? I'm going to try disabling the check in the blueprint and see what happens.

Comment

Hi,
        I understand that I need a Mac to build the app to the iPhone but can I then use UE4 on Windows to connect or will the live link only work if I'm using a Mac?

Comment

Originally posted by davidqvist View Post
          Hi,
          I understand that I need a Mac to build the app to the iPhone but can I then use UE4 on Windows to connect or will the live link only work if I'm using a Mac?
          Yes, you need a mac to compile. Yes, you can use a Windows machine - live will connect between the iphone and the windows machine running ue4

Comment

Still hoping someone can share some insight into why the arkit tracking is so finicky compared to all other options. Keeps on throwing up the looking for face track dialogue.

Comment

Still wondering if anyone has found a work-around for the ue4 arkit in this face AR sample losing tracking? I've never seen another true depth arkit face-tracking app on the iphone lose tracking like this does. It's hard to believe i'm alone here.

Comment

What would the steps be to replace the character in the demo with our own?

Comment

Live Link Connect Failed When I Packaged FaceARSample?

Comment

Should remote build be working for this project when trying to launch to device from windows10 using as a remote a mac os mojave with xcode updated? I'm on 4.22.1 and getting BUILD ERROR (Missing receip, target not build, missing UE4 binary) I don't know if I have screw up my setup while updating to mojave and also to 4.22 on both OS, or if this project needs to be launched to the device directly from a macos with xcode.

Comment

I've been using te FaceAR for quite a while now, and I've also been experimenting with optimization and easy use of this app in order to drive different characters.

You can see an example of a retargeted character here.

You can either retarget the KiteBoy AnimBP to your character, or you can get the values from each morph target curve ( as I did in the video above ) and cast those to your character.
                      In order to increase the quality I also added an option to switch between 30 and 60 fps, in order to improve the facial tracking quality, and it does look better and smoother, so is something that you might want to try.

Together with IKinema Orion and the Hi5 VR Gloves, I'm now able to get true Full Body Motion Capture setup, and it's working nicely, I also did a live demo of the entire setup, and people were shocked when they found out about the overall cost of the entire setup, since it's really something innovative and easy to use, and the pricing is far to be as expensive as professional solution like Cubic Motion/Vicon.
                      ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Contact us for more informations

Comment

We have followed the instructions and have everything running.
                        However the Livelink does not seem to be activated: the Windows 10 app does not show any updates the iOS app should be sending out. iOS does detect the face and updates within the app.
                        -> Both machines are on the same network and should be able to see each other. (Check with a small setup using OSC communication)
                        -> Tried this in 4.20.3 and 4.22.1
                        Do we need to add any special rules to the (Windows default) firewall?

In the docs (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ple/index.html) it says:
                        "Launch your Project, and in Project Settings set Supports AR to On."
                        Searched back and forth but I cannot find this setting in the project settings, can this be the cause?

Thanks in advance for any tips which will push uis in the right direction towards a working setup.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueSheep View Post
                          We have followed the instructions and have everything running.
                          However the Livelink does not seem to be activated: the Windows 10 app does not show any updates the iOS app should be sending out. iOS does detect the face and updates within the app.
                          -> Both machines are on the same network and should be able to see each other. (Check with a small setup using OSC communication)
                          -> Tried this in 4.20.3 and 4.22.1
                          Do we need to add any special rules to the (Windows default) firewall?

In the docs (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ple/index.html) it says:
                          "Launch your Project, and in Project Settings set Supports AR to On."
                          Searched back and forth but I cannot find this setting in the project settings, can this be the cause?

Thanks in advance for any tips which will push uis in the right direction towards a working setup.
                          Something weird is going on with the UE4 Face AR demo. I've been stressing over it. I can't even get the app the run when i package with 4.23. I do have the app running with a 4.21 package but like you said, it's not communicating with livelink on my PC.

Have you tried packaging with 4.23? Would LOVE to know if anyone can get that ios app to run

Comment

When I try to launch the FaceARSample to an iphone I get the following error:

LogPlayLevel: ********** STAGE COMMAND STARTED ********** LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: Stage Failed. Missing receipt '/Users/dondoo/Desktop/FaceARSample/Binaries/IOS/FaceARSample.target'. Check that this target has been built. LogPlayLevel: (see /Users/dondoo/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine/LocalBuildLogs/Log.txt for full exception trace) LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 10.910269 LogPlayLevel: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=103 (Error_MissingExecutable) LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Deploy Task, Time: 0.000312 LogPlayLevel: Error: RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully. PackagingResults: Error: Launch failed! Missing UE4Game binary. You may have to build the UE4 project with your IDE. Alternatively, build using UnrealBuildTool with the commandline:

How to recreate:
                            1. Download Unreal engine 40.20 - 4.23
                            2. In launcher create Face AR Sample project
                            3. Open Keychain Access, click Keychain Access > Certificate Assistance > Request Certificate from a certificate authority and complete process including downloading certificate
                            4. Go to apple developer account, create necessary Certificate and Identifier and link iphone x device and download provision an certificate.
                            5. Open project and go to Settings > Platforms > iOS and import the provision and certificate, select checkbox next to the right ones, Enter app name and bundle identifier , set minimum OS version to 11.
                            6. Connect iphone x and press launch

I have tried the following:
                            1. Deleting Binaries, Intermediate and Saved folders from the project folder
                            2. Building first
                            3. Packaging
                            4. Instead of just pressing launch I opened project launcher and created a custom launch profile and enabled build on that custom profile and launched and got a whole new error(same error when I try to package):

UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED ********** UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Running: mono "/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.23/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe" FaceARSample IOS Development -Project=/Users/dondoo/Desktop/FaceARSample/FaceARSample.uproject /Users/dondoo/Desktop/FaceARSample/FaceARSample.uproject -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini="/Users/dondoo/Desktop/FaceARSample" -skipdeploy -Manifest= /Users/dondoo/Desktop/FaceARSample/Intermediate/Build/Manifest.xml -NoHotReload -log="/Users/dondoo/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine/LocalBuildLogs/UBT-FaceARSample-IOS-Development.txt" UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Compiling against OS Version 11.0 [minimum allowed at runtime] UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): ERROR: Unhandled exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at System.Number.ThrowOverflowOrFormatException (System.Boolean overflow, System.String overflowResourceKey) [0x0001a] in :0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at System.Number.ParseSingle (System.ReadOnlySpan1[T] value, System.Globalization.NumberStyles styles, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo info) [0x00071] in <a104f9cbbafd4348bcc580acb0a3f8a8>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at System.Single.Parse (System.String s) [0x0001a] in <a104f9cbbafd4348bcc580acb0a3f8a8>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyIOSTargetRules.get_RuntimeVersion () [0x00010] in <55005cea58344f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.IOSPlatform.SetUpEnvironment (UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules Target, UnrealBuildTool.CppCompileEnvironment CompileEnvironment, UnrealBuildTool.LinkEnvironment LinkEnvironment) [0x00226] in <55005cea58344f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.SetupGlobalEnvironment (UnrealBuildTool.UEToolChain ToolChain, UnrealBuildTool.CppCompileEnvironment GlobalCompileEnvironment, UnrealBuildTool.LinkEnvironment GlobalLinkEnvironment) [0x00bc8] in <55005cea58344f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.Build (UnrealBuildTool.BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, UnrealBuildTool.ISourceFileWorkingSet WorkingSet, System.Boolean bIsAssemblingBuild, Tools.DotNETCommon.FileReference SingleFileToCompile) [0x00061] in <55005cea58344f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.CreateMakefile (UnrealBuildTool.BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, UnrealBuildTool.TargetDescriptor TargetDescriptor, UnrealBuildTool.ISourceFileWorkingSet WorkingSet) [0x00141] in <55005cea58344f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.Build (System.Collections.Generic.List1[T] TargetDescriptors, UnrealBuildTool.BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, UnrealBuildTool.ISourceFileWorkingSet WorkingSet, UnrealBuildTool.BuildOptions Options, Tools.DotNETCommon.FileReference WriteOutdatedActionsFile) [0x0001a] in <55005cea58344 f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.Execute (Tools.DotNETCommon.CommandLineArguments Arguments) [0x002cc] in <55005cea58344f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.Main (System.String[] ArgumentsArray) [0x00291] in <55005cea58344f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 PackagingResults: Error: Unhandled exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Took 27,614562s to run mono, ExitCode=5 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (/Users/dondoo/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine/LocalBuildLogs/UBT-FaceARSample-IOS-Development.txt) UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5) UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully. PackagingResults: Error: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully. PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

Comment

Not sure if you are experiencing the same crash on ios as I am. I'm simply packaging the project and putting it on my iphone. After launching, I get the splash screen and crash if I package with 4.22 or higher. With 4.21, it packages and launches just fine!

Originally posted by Chisomo View Post
                              When I try to launch the FaceARSample to an iphone I get the following error:

LogPlayLevel: ********** STAGE COMMAND STARTED ********** LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: Stage Failed. Missing receipt '/Users/dondoo/Desktop/FaceARSample/Binaries/IOS/FaceARSample.target'. Check that this target has been built. LogPlayLevel: (see /Users/dondoo/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine/LocalBuildLogs/Log.txt for full exception trace) LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 10.910269 LogPlayLevel: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=103 (Error_MissingExecutable) LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Deploy Task, Time: 0.000312 LogPlayLevel: Error: RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully. PackagingResults: Error: Launch failed! Missing UE4Game binary. You may have to build the UE4 project with your IDE. Alternatively, build using UnrealBuildTool with the commandline:

How to recreate:
                              1. Download Unreal engine 40.20 - 4.23
                              2. In launcher create Face AR Sample project
                              3. Open Keychain Access, click Keychain Access > Certificate Assistance > Request Certificate from a certificate authority and complete process including downloading certificate
                              4. Go to apple developer account, create necessary Certificate and Identifier and link iphone x device and download provision an certificate.
                              5. Open project and go to Settings > Platforms > iOS and import the provision and certificate, select checkbox next to the right ones, Enter app name and bundle identifier , set minimum OS version to 11.
                              6. Connect iphone x and press launch

I have tried the following:
                              1. Deleting Binaries, Intermediate and Saved folders from the project folder
                              2. Building first
                              3. Packaging
                              4. Instead of just pressing launch I opened project launcher and created a custom launch profile and enabled build on that custom profile and launched and got a whole new error(same error when I try to package):

UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED ********** UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Running: mono "/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.23/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe" FaceARSample IOS Development -Project=/Users/dondoo/Desktop/FaceARSample/FaceARSample.uproject /Users/dondoo/Desktop/FaceARSample/FaceARSample.uproject -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini="/Users/dondoo/Desktop/FaceARSample" -skipdeploy -Manifest= /Users/dondoo/Desktop/FaceARSample/Intermediate/Build/Manifest.xml -NoHotReload -log="/Users/dondoo/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine/LocalBuildLogs/UBT-FaceARSample-IOS-Development.txt" UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Compiling against OS Version 11.0 [minimum allowed at runtime] UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): ERROR: Unhandled exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at System.Number.ThrowOverflowOrFormatException (System.Boolean overflow, System.String overflowResourceKey) [0x0001a] in :0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at System.Number.ParseSingle (System.ReadOnlySpan1[T] value, System.Globalization.NumberStyles styles, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo info) [0x00071] in <a104f9cbbafd4348bcc580acb0a3f8a8>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at System.Single.Parse (System.String s) [0x0001a] in <a104f9cbbafd4348bcc580acb0a3f8a8>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyIOSTargetRules.get_RuntimeVersion () [0x00010] in <55005cea58344f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.IOSPlatform.SetUpEnvironment (UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules Target, UnrealBuildTool.CppCompileEnvironment CompileEnvironment, UnrealBuildTool.LinkEnvironment LinkEnvironment) [0x00226] in <55005cea58344f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.SetupGlobalEnvironment (UnrealBuildTool.UEToolChain ToolChain, UnrealBuildTool.CppCompileEnvironment GlobalCompileEnvironment, UnrealBuildTool.LinkEnvironment GlobalLinkEnvironment) [0x00bc8] in <55005cea58344f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.Build (UnrealBuildTool.BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, UnrealBuildTool.ISourceFileWorkingSet WorkingSet, System.Boolean bIsAssemblingBuild, Tools.DotNETCommon.FileReference SingleFileToCompile) [0x00061] in <55005cea58344f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.CreateMakefile (UnrealBuildTool.BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, UnrealBuildTool.TargetDescriptor TargetDescriptor, UnrealBuildTool.ISourceFileWorkingSet WorkingSet) [0x00141] in <55005cea58344f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.Build (System.Collections.Generic.List1[T] TargetDescriptors, UnrealBuildTool.BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, UnrealBuildTool.ISourceFileWorkingSet WorkingSet, UnrealBuildTool.BuildOptions Options, Tools.DotNETCommon.FileReference WriteOutdatedActionsFile) [0x0001a] in <55005cea58344 f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.Execute (Tools.DotNETCommon.CommandLineArguments Arguments) [0x002cc] in <55005cea58344f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.Main (System.String[] ArgumentsArray) [0x00291] in <55005cea58344f71ab61265be43fc684>:0 PackagingResults: Error: Unhandled exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Took 27,614562s to run mono, ExitCode=5 UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (/Users/dondoo/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine/LocalBuildLogs/UBT-FaceARSample-IOS-Development.txt) UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5) UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully. PackagingResults: Error: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully. PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

Comment

Working...
                              X