No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine Livestream - Introducing the FaceAR- August 9 - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[TWITCH] Unreal Engine Livestream - Introducing the FaceAR- August 9 - Live from Epic HQ

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180807.png Views:	1 Size:	269.4 KB ID:	1512399

WHAT
    This stream will cover the FaceAR Sample project recently released by Epic. Zak Parrish will discuss what the sample includes, how it works, and how you can use the ARKit tech to drive your own facial animation projects or use facial capture data in other ways!

WHEN
    Thursday, August 9th @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
    Twitch
    Youtube
    Facebook

WHO
    Zak Parrish - Sr. DevRel Tech Artist - @Zakparrish
    Tim Slager - Community Manager - Kalvothe
    Amanda Bott - Community Manager - @amandambott
    Last edited by Kalvothe; 08-07-2018, 01:42 PM.

Can we use ARCore for this too ? If not, why not ?

Comment

Excited to watch this stream!
      David V. Finlay
      Interactive 3D Team Lead
      HNTB Corporation

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
        Can we use ARCore for this too ? If not, why not ?
        At this time, no. Currently only the iPhone X has the necessary hardware and only ARKit (Apple) has an API we can tap into for this kind of feature. Not to say it'll be that way forever; it's just the way it is right now.

Comment

Wow! This was something I got really excited for when iphone X came out and I saw the emoji ish. All I was thinking was "how can I rip this data to use for games'! Can't wait to see what you guys have learned and see what tools I should invest in for this!

Comment

cool nice style

Comment

And mass effects animators just set they're calendars.

Comment

I am so excited for both , using an iPhone X to do MoCap and Zak Parish being the one who talks about it.

Comment

looking forward to watch this one, learned a lot by listening to zak since unreal 3. good man

Comment

Just wish to piggy back on this thread since it was mentioned in the stream.

Been trying to setup a remote compiling from PC to a Mac for IOS development and; specifically for AR and hopefully this. Have been pulling my hair out. Followed the documentation and scraped every bit of info on forums, Answer Hub and guides around the net. Had a post on the forum explaining my problem (another on Answer Hub). I will circle back to this project but had to put it on hold.

Any tips from anyone who has experience setting this up would be great.

Comment

ActualZak

Would it be possible (and straightforward) to do facial mocap for UE4 (Paragon characters) using F-clone or Brekel Pro Face 2 ? (I believe both use Kinect v2)

Thanks beforehand

Comment

Working...
                      X