No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine Livestream - Live Link 4.20 Updates - July 12 - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[TWITCH] Unreal Engine Livestream - Live Link 4.20 Updates - July 12 - Live from Epic HQ

Click image for larger version  Name:	420LiveLink_TW.jpg Views:	1 Size:	74.7 KB ID:	1500308

WHAT
    Introduced in 4.19, Live Link is a feature that enables you to connect Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) to your DCC tools and allows you to stream data into the Engine in real-time. This enables you to preview animations in your preferred tool, directly inside the Engine without having to go through the export/import process, giving you more time to iterate on your content and less time exporting and importing into the Engine to see your changes.

In this stream, we talk about the changes made for 4.20 including support for Motionbuilder and the ability to use the new Live Link Component to automatically establish connections both in the Editor, at Run-time and even in packaged projects!

WHEN
    Thursday, July 12th @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
    Twitch
    Youtube
    Facebook

WHO
    Wes Bunn - Sr Technical Writer - @wes_bunn
    Tim Slager - Community Manager - @Kalvothe
    Amanda Bott - Community Manager - @amandambott

If you have questions for the folks on the livestream, feel free to toss them in the comments below and we'll try to answer them!

ARCHIVE
    Last edited by Amanda.Bott; 07-26-2018, 11:09 AM.

[Question] Are Maya blend shapes supported or is it limited to bone based facial rigs?
    VIMEO channel | Artstation profile

Comment

It's Amazing!

Comment

Will this update World Composition. You keep saying that you need to?

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda.Bott View Post
          Live Link is a feature that enables you to connect Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) to your DCC tools
          Does Live Link support 3ds max?
          Unreal Issue Tracker - Desktop App for Unreal Engine Issues
          Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!

Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

[PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
          [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
          [Marketplace] Vehicle Soccer Template
          [Marketplace] Objective Waypoint System
          My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
          Your Friendly Neighborhood
          Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

Comment

[Question] Will there be support for Blender developers?

Comment

Having trouble finding Live Link blueprint nodes. Could you reveal how to find nodes like "On Live Link Update"?

Comment

Will live link support Maya LT?

Comment

Amanda.Bott

@Wes Bunn: For some reason my question wasn't picked up in the stream. I wonder why? It's not like you ran out of time and there are only three questions in this thread!

So I'll ask again: Is there support for blend shapes? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                    Amanda.Bott

@Wes Bunn: For some reason my question wasn't picked up in the stream. I wonder why? It's not like you ran out of time and there are only three questions in this thread!

So I'll ask again: Is there support for blend shapes? Thanks!
                    I thought we touched on this, but in any case, Blend Shapes are currently not officially supported out of the box.

The architecture is set up to allow this though it's not actually hooked up in the Maya or Mobu plugins. We need to make some code changes on our side to support this. I don't have an ETA as to when those changes will go in, but will update this thread after I've gotten some more information from our devs.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer!

Comment

I would do anything to figure out how to get livelink on a mac with Maya and Blender

Comment

this event was something incredible!

Comment

Working...
                          X