No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine Livestream - 4.20 Preview - June 7 - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[TWITCH] Unreal Engine Livestream - 4.20 Preview - June 7 - Live from Epic HQ

Click image for larger version  Name:	420Preview1_TW.jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.2 KB ID:	1485695

WHAT
    Unreal Engine 4.20 Preview 1 has been released into the wild. On this stream, the team will discuss the upcoming features and fixes, such as our new cinematic depth of field, the proxyLOD tool, mobile improvements, Niagara, and more!

WHEN
    Thursday, June 7th @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
    Twitch
    Youtube
    Facebook

WHO
    Matt Kuhlenschmidt - Lead Programmer
    Marcus Wassmer - Lead Programmer - @MarcusWassmer
    James Golding - Lead Programmer - @EpicJamesG
    Amanda Bott - Community Manager - @amandambott

If you have questions for the folks on the livestream, feel free to toss them in the comments below and we'll try to answer them!

ARCHIVE
    Last edited by Amanda.Bott; 07-26-2018, 05:18 PM.

Live video textures from capture devices - cool, but not new. How about outputting from the engine to a pro-broadcast device like a Blackmagic Decklink card? You guys are doing so much outside of games and into film and tv (my field) that you must have something in place internally.

thanks for the great work by the way.

Comment

Please demonstrate the new "digital humans" improvements

Comment

nice! looking forward to new stuffz!

Niagara ? is that the thing that's been talked about for 'YEARS' !!! lol

Comment

Q: Dose 4.20 Preview 1 sopport the new ARKit 2.0? If not, when?

Comment

what a wonderful surprise... I had a dream last night about an authority figure blaming me for parking the plane in the jet stream, and a dog came over and turned the sprinklers on him and we all had a good laugh... i'm sure it doesn't make any sense to you, but it makes sense to me... don't forget to have fun (smile)

Comment

I got a few questions about 4.20:

What happened to the new geometry editing tools? I saw that it was updated about a month ago. Is it on the back burner again ?

Instanced Stereo Rendering: Translucency Support. We’ve taken the improvements to the Instance Stereo Rendering (ISR) path that we made for Robo Recall, and improved them to work across a more robust set of features in the engine. 4.20 adds support for performing the translucency rendering pass using ISR, which can significantly reduce CPU cost on translucency-heavy scenes
              Is it for desktop only or for mobile/comsole VR too?

Mobile Updates:
              • All of the mobile improvements and optimizations we’ve made for Fortnite on iOS and Android
                • Improved Android Debugging
                • Mobile Landscape Improvements
                • RHO Thread on Android
                • Occlusion Queries on Mobile
                • Software Occlusion Culling
                • Platform Material Stats
                • Improve Mobile Specular Lighting Model
              Is it only for vanilla mobile? Would it work with mobile VR (GLES2 for Gear VR and Oculus Go) ?

Thanks

Comment

I'm interested to know how we use the Replication Graph. Also, can you give us any sort of numbers on this? Like how many actors it is designed for (i.e. could you replicate an RTS with a 1000 actors for example)? Has there been any performance testing/profiling done?

Comment

Wow, no questions were answered from this thread :/

Amanda.Bott ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Amanda.Bott ^^^
                    That's
                    The live stream started in midnight (2:00AM) in my timezone,so I put the question here.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Amanda.Bott ^^^
                      Forum thread questions are second grade citizens over here. I tried asking a single question during streams for half a year and it wasn't even acknowledged.

Comment

Yeah, this happens all the time. I wonder if it's really too much to ask to get our (on topic) questions compiled and answered one by one before attending random questions from Twitch or Youtube?
                        VIMEO channel | Artstation profile

Comment

Working...
                        X