Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine Livestream - Building Better Blueprints - October 4th - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[TWITCH] Unreal Engine Livestream - Building Better Blueprints - October 4th - Live from Epic HQ

WHAT
    Tasked with assembling a tech demo for some new features, Zak needed to create a slider our team could adjust in game, allowing them to modify other Blueprints. While thinking he would build upon the existing sliders in the Content Examples, it turns out, those sliders, while functional for what they are, were assembled a LONG time ago and don't really reflect any our best practices.

So now we're going to rebuild them, live! This time, we'll take a look at some standard best practices for Blueprint including functionality ownership, intelligent ticking, and Blueprint communication, all while avoiding the need to simulate the interaction with physics. The end result will be smoother, more predictable, more efficient, and will hopefully show you some new ways to think about Blueprints!

WHEN
    Thursday, October 4th @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
    Twitch
    Youtube
    Facebook

WHO
    Zak Parrish - Sr DevRel Technical Artist - @ZakParrish
    Tim Slager - Community Manager - Kalvothe
    Amanda Bott - Community Manager - @amandambott

ARCHIVE
    Last edited by Kalvothe; 10-04-2018, 05:38 PM.

#1. Blueprint Multiplayer Best Practice:

Please go back and address this critical area too Epic.
    For example all the key points raised here by eXi:

#2. A UI Slider that works with Gamepads:

Best practice for building UI to support Gamepads too.
    Last edited by franktech; 01-17-2018, 04:05 PM.

Comment

#1. Blueprint Multiplayer Best Practice:

Please go back and address this critical area also.
      For example the key points raised here by eXi:

#2. A UI Slider that works with Gamepads:

Best practice for building UI to support Gamepads too.

Comment

This'll be good. Wonder what new features the tech demo was for?

Comment

A Stream with Zak is always good & always learn something new. Awesome!

Comment

I agree with frank on the 2nd point, it would be nice if it were input independent (mouse, gamepad, vr input). Too bad I'll miss it.
            Last edited by Goldsun; 01-18-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Hey folks,

Due to inclement weather, today's Unreal Engine livestream is CANCELLED. We're sorry! We'll reschedule Building Better Blueprints, so be on the look out, and we'll catch you next week.

Comment

Can we get a video of Zak skating on ice instead? I bet he does a killer pirouette!

Comment

**** you crazy southern weather! Look forward to seeing it soon!

Comment

take care guys!
                    reference
                    http://dirty-windows.de

my blog
                    http://ulrichthuemmler.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am really excited for this one! Stupid weather.. I hope it gets scheduled again soon!

Comment

Me too! It was perfect timing! I was planning to use the sliders and buttons from the Content Examples in a new prototype tomorrow! Will this be next week?
                        Thanks for updating us on the situation, and I wish you all well in the weather!

Comment

Cmon man; I miss Zak's wisdom =[
                          Don't cancel this again please.
                          | Finite State Machine | Auto-Save Plugin | USQLite Plugin | Object-Pool | Sound-Occlusion | Anti-Cheat Plugin | Property Transfer Tool | Magic Nodes |

Comment

Looking forward to see it

Comment

Just let Zak stream from home, on a serious note, looking forward to it !
                              VR/AR Development [Portfolio | YouTube | LinkedIn]

Comment

Working...
                              X