Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine Livestream - Post Processing in UE4: Cel-Shading - Jan 4 - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThompsonN13 View Post
    I was working on the outlining bit from this stream but ive run into a little bit of an issue. Ive got it all working but the depth is having issues with the sky. im sure its a setting somewhere but im not sure which. its definitely a issue based on screen space depth since its rings emanating from the center of the screen.
    I put an "if" node before the depth line nodes, it checks the scene depth against a high number (500000 give or take a zero) and if it's too far I simply pass 0 to the "max" node. Basically I don't draw the lines for really far pixels.

Comment

Thanks that totally worked. I had to set the value to below 7500 to get rid of the rings.

Comment

Thanks for doing this livestream. I learned a lot from it, but is it just me or does this seem kinda like a hack?

It'd be really nice to get a tutorial/presentation on this shader being built in:
        https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...g-model/page24

Comment

You could add texture to the lines by manipulating the mask generated for the lines.
          iPhone application development company | Hire iPhone app developer | Hire iOS developer

Comment

I love the outline used for normals, I've cut it out the cel material and combined it with an external outline, and it's pretty awesome. I'm having a little issue, though. For the normal-based lines, if I set the line color to black, all it does it darken the colors a bit. I've been all over this material, however I can't really find an optimal solution to this, I want to further darken my lines and even make them black. Any ideas?

Edit: Maybe I should think harder sometimes. My cel shading messing with the outline was the problem.
            Last edited by Lexeon; 04-08-2018, 07:21 AM.

Comment

https://imgur.com/a/SwpX4Kc

Depth lines are showing up on the skybox. Tried this but giving me an error. How to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by esaberia View Post
                I put an "if" node before the depth line nodes, it checks the scene depth against a high number (500000 give or take a zero) and if it's too far I simply pass 0 to the "max" node. Basically I don't draw the lines for really far pixels.
                I am new to unreal, if you plug in a "IF" node, what will plug in "B" and "A<B"/"B<A"???

Comment

Working...
                X