Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine Livestream - An Introduction to Alembic - Sept 21 - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Interesting questions about using Alembic. More information on work done on Fortnight would be great. I'd like to know what else can you achieve by using alembic that you can't achieve with other file types.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    About Fortnite, why only the heads were Alembic? Is it not possible to use the whole body animation for cinematics like that?
    I ask that because I want to render a short in Unreal with characters animated in Blender. Using Alembic for the whole character animation would be a dream.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I had heard alembic was used on the facial animation for the Fortnite cinematics. Is this true? If so, I would really like to hear how something like this can be practically implemented.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ayretek View Post
    great subject, totally clueless & Sam again in a stream, wow. Sam twice in a row? will the Universe implode? can we handle this? stay Tuned !!!

& Amanda.Bott is that a sort of Spam in those 3 posts sorry 4 posts up there? ^^^^
    Haha - I sure hope the Universe can handle all the knowledge he's droppin'!
    Last edited by Amanda.Bott; 09-20-2017, 08:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    great subject, totally clueless & Sam again in a stream, wow. Sam twice in a row? will the Universe implode? can we handle this? stay Tuned !!!

& Tim Hobson too? omg... we R So Doom'd !

course we get to see the stream first tho' !!

& Amanda.Bott is still due to do the 'Slide' lol
    Last edited by ayretek; 09-20-2017, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Amanda, Sam and Tim,
    I'm wondering how to import an Alembic File without altering the original one.
    When I import a Skeletal type file with a Percentage Based calculation Type with a Percentage Of Total Bases at 100 the new imported alembic file increase more than 2x times.
    How to import an ABC(Alembic HDF5/Alembic OGAWA) into Unreal without altering the original file ?
    Thank you for sharing your experience.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X