No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine Livestream - Blender to UE4 - Sept 7 - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LIVESTREAM] Unreal Engine Livestream - Blender to UE4 - Sept 7 - Live from Epic HQ

Click image for larger version  Name:	BlenderStream_FB.jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.7 KB ID:	1349591

WHAT
    The Blender dream team strikes again! Tom, Mike, and Kevin return to discuss a variety of topics in Blender. Tom will show how to import animations and retarget them to take advantage of Marketplace animations using Rigify. Kevin will chat a bit about Epic's use of Blender in our recent Fortnite Cinematic trailer. Lastly, we'll get a "state of Blender" update from Mike. He'll touch on Eevee and the new 3D format, glTF - and why it matters!

WHEN
    Thursday, September 7th @ 2:00PM ET [Countdown]

WHERE
    Twitch
    Youtube

WHO
    Tom Wright - Senior Technical Artist - @TomTomAttack
    Mike "Blender Mike" Erwin - 3D Graphics Developer, Blender Foundation - @DangerCobraM
    Kevin Vassey - Senior Technical Animator - @kmvassey
    Amanda Bott - Community Manager - @amandambott

If you've got questions about Blender, add them in the comments below!

ARCHIVE

Last edited by Amanda.Schade; 09-08-2017, 03:42 PM.

Hi,
    very nice to hear that you used Blender for Fortnite trailer!
    [Gamedev programmer at Darewise (Paris) - We are hiring]
    UE4 Git LFS 2.x Source Control Plugin 2.14-beta for UE4.23 - (v1 integrated by default since UE4.7)
    UE4 Plastic SCM Source Control Plugin 1.4.6 for UE4.23 - (integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.24)

Comment

Unfortunately cannot catch it live but I'll definitely watch it later. You'll record it right?

Comment

Originally posted by kreivi_krapula View Post
        You'll record it right?
        Yes, it's immediately available as Twitch archive, then they edit it and upload it to YouTube as soon as possible
        [Gamedev programmer at Darewise (Paris) - We are hiring]
        UE4 Git LFS 2.x Source Control Plugin 2.14-beta for UE4.23 - (v1 integrated by default since UE4.7)
        UE4 Plastic SCM Source Control Plugin 1.4.6 for UE4.23 - (integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.24)

Comment

Whaaaa..... ??? Blender oh yes Thank You! Amanda

Comment

wish: Cool, would be great if unreal didn't rename my bones. I use underscores and periods in my bone names.
            _______________________________________________________________________________________

Request: Also, Alembic files from Unreal to Blender would be lovely as I tend to go back and forth a lot.
            ____________________________________________________________________________

Question: One more important question, is there any development on supporting .blend files, in the same way that unity does?
            ____________________________________________________________________________________________
            Last edited by rasamaya; 09-07-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I'd like to know what cool tech art wizardry might be accomplished using Blender and UE4 together. Blender's got a lot of cloth and physics stuff but apart from baked simulations I rarely see other applications of it.

Would be nice to see what else you could with Blender for games and UE4 apart from the usually mentioned stuff basically.

Comment

Excited for this. Always good to see Blender getting more coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmask3 View Post
                  I'd like to know what cool tech art wizardry might be accomplished using Blender and UE4 together. Blender's got a lot of cloth and physics stuff but apart from baked simulations I rarely see other applications of it.

Would be nice to see what else you could with Blender for games and UE4 apart from the usually mentioned stuff basically.
                  Yes, Yes, Yes!
                  https://twitter.com/Ninjin42

Comment

Super excited for his stream!

Comment

Nice! Related to Blender and UE working together, apart from baking ambient occlusion, normals, displacement... is it possible to bake lightmass of a whole level directly in Blender and import it into UE4?

Comment

Originally posted by rasamaya View Post
                        wish: Cool, would be great if unreal didn't rename my bones. I use underscores and periods in my bone names.
                        _______________________________________________________________________________________

Request: Also, Alembic files from Unreal to Blender would be lovely as I tend to go back and forth a lot.
                        ____________________________________________________________________________

Question: One more important question, is there any development on supporting .blend files, in the same way that unity does?
                        ____________________________________________________________________________________________

As far as blend file support... Unity just uses Blender's FBX export so it's only saving you a few seconds and honestly, it will force you to keep your files cleaner. You don't want to package a bunch of .blend files with your game.

I need to play with Alembic!

Comment

Originally posted by Sithdown View Post
                          Nice! Related to Blender and UE working together, apart from baking ambient occlusion, normals, displacement... is it possible to bake lightmass of a whole level directly in Blender and import it into UE4?
                          UE4 does such an amazing job at baking lightmaps... I'm not sure why you would want to do that in Blender but the answer is I don't think that's possible regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmask3 View Post

I could do an APEX example next time (real-time cloth).

Comment

Originally posted by T.Wright View Post

I could do an APEX example next time (real-time cloth).
                              Sure! that sounds cool, having a way to do cloth from Blender sounds good, would there by any benefit compared to using the new in-engine Nvidia solvers included in 4.16? They have some limitations like multi-layered cloth and so forth and Blender might have some ways to get around those so perhaps a use-case that goes beyond a simple cape or something would be really nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X