No announcement yet.

[Twitch] Unreal Engine 4.4 Release - Aug. 14, 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I ask my question for the next Twitch livestream here, since there's no topic for it yet?

I wish to know if there's any documentation in the makings for proper IK targeting for for example foot placement on ramps and/or stairs. If you take a look at this AnswerHub question, you'll see that the author and the person who answered never got the system working fully/as effectively as they wanted. They are still hacking away at how to solve the issue they're having. So I guess my question is:

QUESTION: Could you look into future improvements of properly handling IK targetting to, for example, handle the placement of feet on slopes more accurately? The current system seems to have problems because of how the character collision capsule works in combination with IK targets.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Shrooblord View Post
      Can I ask my question for the next Twitch livestream here, since there's no topic for it yet?

I wish to know if there's any documentation in the makings for proper IK targeting for for example foot placement on ramps and/or stairs. If you take a look at this AnswerHub question, you'll see that the author and the person who answered never got the system working fully/as effectively as they wanted. They are still hacking away at how to solve the issue they're having. So I guess my question is:

QUESTION: Could you look into future improvements of properly handling IK targetting to, for example, handle the placement of feet on slopes more accurately? The current system seems to have problems because of how the character collision capsule works in combination with IK targets.

Thank you!
      +1 for this

Comment

Yeah, that would be interesting to know!

Comment

Working...
        X