No announcement yet.

[Twitch] Unreal Engine 4.4 Release - Aug. 14, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUESTION: Is it possible to get more frequent updates to the master branch release tag?
    @kylerocha
    Luminawesome Games
    http://luminawesome.com/

Comment

QUESTION: Any update on the "Cook On The Side" feature for rapid mobile deployment Josh Adams mentioned in this post? ( https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ping-on-mobile )
      | twitter | github | #ue4tip

Comment

Hi guys
        QUESTION: I would love to know what's the status of the Editor For LINUX?

I would love to stay on linux all the time

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
          QUESTION: How close is Epic to having a MMO like network architecture for us MMO devs to use?
          Perhaps checkout RakNet, which Oculus recently acquired and open-sourced

Website = http://www.jenkinssoftware.com/
          GitHub = https://github.com/OculusVR/RakNet

on that note

[QUESTION] Will we be seeing RakNet intergrated and supported natively by Epic Games for UE4?

And what are the pros / cons of UE4's current net code compared to RakNet (I'm not a network programmer)

p.s. my alias on Twitch, etc is BLOODTIDE12
          Regards,
          Benjamin D. Smith

Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
          Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

QUESTION:

Will we able to buy things from the market place if we are not active subscribers?

Comment

Originally posted by benjamin.smith View Post
              Perhaps checkout RakNet, which Oculus recently acquired and open-sourced

Website = http://www.jenkinssoftware.com/
              GitHub = https://github.com/OculusVR/RakNet

on that note

[QUESTION] Will we be seeing RakNet intergrated and supported natively by Epic Games for UE4?

And what are the pros / cons of UE4's current net code compared to RakNet (I'm not a network programmer)

p.s. my alias on Twitch, etc is BLOODTIDE12
              Instead of RakNet, I would like to see a peer to peer - classic networking hybrid. Hopefully, Peer to Peer support is already on roadmap.

There are some people in community trying to create an efficient and cost effective MMO neworking system plugin https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...lug-in-for-UE4

Comment

Originally posted by mahri726 View Post
                Instead of RakNet, I would like to see a peer to peer - classic networking hybrid. Hopefully, Peer to Peer support is already on roadmap.

There are some people in community trying to create an efficient and cost effective MMO neworking system plugin https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...lug-in-for-UE4
                Ah yes I was trying to find that thread to post alongside RakNet before the UE4 Twitch stream started.

Glad you're aware of that forum thread
                Regards,
                Benjamin D. Smith

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                  QUESTION:

Will we able to buy things from the market place if we are not active subscribers?
                  Yes you will be able to purchase items without an active subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by QuickBrownFox
                    Is there anywhere to see the talks that some of the Epic people did at SIGGRAPH 2014 a few days ago? I believe in "Advances in Realtime Rendering".
                    Yep we will be posting this shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Davis View Post
                      Yep we will be posting this shortly.
                      Can we get any update on Android ES3.1+AEP, GL4 support merged into main? It's listed on the Trello board for August but I've been unable to find any reference in the Github. Tegra K1 tablets/set top boxes are shipping and I'm trying to reproduce the performance shown in the Google I/O keynote. So far all of the Android builds have had extremely poor performance along the lines of the Adreno 320. The trello says it's not merged into main, is it possible its only located on an Epic internal source control system.

Would it be possible to get it checked in to the Github even if on it's own branch so we can start trying to figure out the capabilities of the K1 + Unreal Engine 4?

Thanks for any assistance possible.

Comment

QUESTION:

Will there be per-purchase confirmation for people who are using PayPal?

As currently I am using a billing@customdomain.com email that is tied to my company's PayPal account and is shared with multiple users on my team. This was done by me requesting them to make a www.unrealengine.com account and than provide me with their account details + temporary password, at which point I filled out the billing information with my company's PayPal and finally gave the account back to them to change their password.

Now with that being said,
                        This could be very problematic for me if each user who is connected to PayPal can start to make purchases at any given time.

-------------------------------------------------

Follow-up [QUESTION]

what are Epic Games plans for bulk billing + invoicing???
                        Regards,
                        Benjamin D. Smith

Comment

Was this weeks stream saved in the video list on twitch? I can't seem to find it, only last weeks twice.

[EDIT] Nevermind! They just both have the same title name. I clicked the most recent and its this weeks!
                          Last edited by SememeS; 08-14-2014, 11:47 PM.
                          Steve S.

Comment

Originally posted by Beep2Bleep View Post
                            Can we get any update on Android ES3.1+AEP, GL4 support merged into main? It's listed on the Trello board for August but I've been unable to find any reference in the Github. Tegra K1 tablets/set top boxes are shipping and I'm trying to reproduce the performance shown in the Google I/O keynote. So far all of the Android builds have had extremely poor performance along the lines of the Adreno 320. The trello says it's not merged into main, is it possible its only located on an Epic internal source control system.

Would it be possible to get it checked in to the Github even if on it's own branch so we can start trying to figure out the capabilities of the K1 + Unreal Engine 4?

Thanks for any assistance possible.
                            Hoping to tackle the integration next week, not sure ETA of when it will be fully available via main.

Comment

Hey all, the recorded stream is now up on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kky...12tbB&index=41
                              Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Davis View Post
                                Hoping to tackle the integration next week, not sure ETA of when it will be fully available via main.
                                Thanks so much for the update I'm really looking forward to determining if the ADT-1 is a viable gaming platform. It would be nice if we could get the code available in github even on a fork or seperate branch. As I understand it might take a quite while to get the integration completely done.
                                Last edited by Beep2Bleep; 08-15-2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X