[Twitch] 4.4 and UMG Preview, Part 1 - Aug. 7, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Please post some tutorials and I will do the same after messing with UMG. thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    2D polygons, please! With vertex snapping to grids, vertices, edges, object borders, centers, midpoints and guidelines... PLEASE!

And all animatable.

Possible?

I

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok,
    then we will have After Effects within UE...
    Obviously we could load psd, eps and illustrator files
    right?
    if so I think that Epic has a lot of work to do...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good to know! Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kyle_Katarn View Post
    I can't wait until it's uploaded to Youtube. UI systems like UMG (and the new UI for Unity) interest me greatly. I'm almost tempted to watch the VOD, but I don't want to get half way through and have 30 mins of it muted because of a false positive. Can anyone confirm that there's no silence in the VOD?
    No silence, VoD is okay(For few weeks, until twitch delete it >.>)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't wait until it's uploaded to Youtube. UI systems like UMG (and the new UI for Unity) interest me greatly. I'm almost tempted to watch the VOD, but I don't want to get half way through and have 30 mins of it muted because of a false positive. Can anyone confirm that there's no silence in the VOD?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you Unreal for this. UMG will definitely go to good use. I really like the fact that this twitch broadcast turned into a tutorial for UMG. I feel like I'm ready to use it and utilize slate. I kinda stayed away from slate until now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by maikklein View Post
    Why did you create Slate? What is the advantage of Slate in comparision to other GUI solutions like Qt?
    Portability (works on any platform the engine works on), rendering efficiency, we don't have to deal with a 3rd party's whims, the license on Qt has changed quite a few times if I recall correctly. With slate we don't have to worry about any of that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why did you create Slate? What is the advantage of Slate in comparision to other GUI solutions like Qt?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Matt View Post
    You should not wait until sequencer is ready. Our plan is to make it backwards compatible.
    There is a method called "Add to Viewport" which will add your widget to the screen.
    Some basic docs here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...or-4-4-Preview

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Monophobe View Post
    When will the stream be available to rewatch? I caught most of it but not the start. I've enabled the feature but guess I missed on how to get my Widget drawn on screen :s
    Here we go: http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/b/555570382

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Monophobe View Post
    When will the stream be available to rewatch? I caught most of it but not the start. I've enabled the feature but guess I missed on how to get my Widget drawn on screen :s
    It should be on youtube (channel name UnrealEngine) by tomorrow, but I think you can view previous streams on twitch as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spade View Post
    What is the status of sequencer? Will it be backwards compatible with matinee files? Should we hold off on matinee work until sequencer is out?
    You should not wait until sequencer is ready. Our plan is to make it backwards compatible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here my questions:

- How does UMG interact with C++ code? Will it be able to pull data directly from e.g. a character class, like an inventory with 100+ items? Or will it require Blueprints?
    - How does UMG interact with C++ Slate widgets? Will I be able to use existing Slate Widgets (e.g. my own inventory widget) with UMG?
    - Will future samples/older samples from the marketplace use UMG?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X