No announcement yet.

[Twitch] 4.4 and UMG Preview, Part 1 - Aug. 7, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My understanding is that UMG is an editor centric GUI system.
    Is there a way to populate GUI elements from code/blueprint?
    If so, does the system support population of 'saved' elements that been authored using the 'GUI editor'?

Thanks!
    Creative Director at Virtual Mirror

Comment

I've been looking forward the UMG stream!

My question is: Will there be a set of video tutorials for UMG, and if so will they arrive around the time 4.4 releases? I've been really enjoying the video tutorials that are available so far, so a set for UMG would be perfect.
      Twitter: @zerofiftyone_
      Button Frenzy store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/454630

Comment

Originally posted by Anadin View Post
        Is HUD still useful?, could/will we not do it all with UMG now?
        Ditto. Would like to see your thoughts on how to build a HUD these days now that UMG is available.

Comment

Please show how masking with work in UMG. Can masks be custom shapes? Will masking support varying alpha for nice feathering effects?

- Steven
          Last edited by ssfulfe; 08-07-2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Keep up the awesome work guys! I have the following 2 questions:

1) GameInstance, did that actually make the cut?
            2) Are there any plans to release some content showing Lobbies and matchmaking, thanks!

-Devero
            W3 Studios

Comment

Last minute community spotlight entry

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...203#post113203

/shameless self plug

Comment

How will fonts work in UMG? How will fonts get imported? What font types will work? Will the fonts be dynamic (ex. change font size)? Will there text effects such as outlines, drop shadow, glow, etc.

- Steven

Comment

Originally posted by ssfulfe View Post
                  How will fonts work in UMG? How will fonts get imported? What font types will work? Will the fonts be dynamic (ex. change font size)? Will there text effects such as outlines, drop shadow, glow, etc.

- Steven
                  You can set the Text to have a specific font in the details of Text Blocks and also in the Slate Widget Style asset, that can then be applied to the Text Block. It accepts ttf type fonts. You can set/alter font sizes. As far as effects go, you will have access to a few things in the beginning, like drop shadow, with more to come as things develop.
                  Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                  How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                  Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Do you guys ever plan to add direct functionality to edit and even entirely replace the terrain heightmap at runtime? (Even if it requires rebaking and/or a longer loading period)

Comment

What is the status of sequencer? Will it be backwards compatible with matinee files? Should we hold off on matinee work until sequencer is out?

Comment

Here my questions:

- How does UMG interact with C++ code? Will it be able to pull data directly from e.g. a character class, like an inventory with 100+ items? Or will it require Blueprints?
                        - How does UMG interact with C++ Slate widgets? Will I be able to use existing Slate Widgets (e.g. my own inventory widget) with UMG?
                        - Will future samples/older samples from the marketplace use UMG?
                        --------------------------------------------------------
                        [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
                        [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Comment

Originally posted by Spade View Post
                          What is the status of sequencer? Will it be backwards compatible with matinee files? Should we hold off on matinee work until sequencer is out?
                          You should not wait until sequencer is ready. Our plan is to make it backwards compatible.

Comment

When will the stream be available to rewatch? I caught most of it but not the start. I've enabled the feature but guess I missed on how to get my Widget drawn on screen :s

Comment

Originally posted by Monophobe View Post
                              When will the stream be available to rewatch? I caught most of it but not the start. I've enabled the feature but guess I missed on how to get my Widget drawn on screen :s
                              It should be on youtube (channel name UnrealEngine) by tomorrow, but I think you can view previous streams on twitch as well.
                              Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by Monophobe View Post
                                Here we go: http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/b/555570382

Comment

Working...
                                X