Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine Livestream - Getting Started with Composure - August 24th @ 2PM ET - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi,
    I just came across the live stream while trying to reseach and figure out how we can use live action cams and set them up in Unreal with correct lens distortion. My question and problem is this - I downloaded the "composure compositing framework sample project", but seem to be missing all the blue prints except the AO blueprint for the character.
    Any idea why the most important blueprints wouldn't download?
    And help here would be great.
    The workflow seems perfect for our needs for pre/post viz work but i have no idea how to create my own blueprints just yet.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I normally hate just providing links, but this does a much better job at explaining composting than I ever could. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compositing

teak

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay, but what is compositing? It would be very helpful if in this forum or on the video somebody at least said what compositing is and why you might want to try it, as opposed to just jumping in to how to do it. Very confusing.
    Last edited by Colugo; 03-31-2019, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    +1 for that. Some serious Vodoo is happening at that, which makes me think there is not a Great Wizard behind it, but a Great Warlock.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by reverts View Post
    Will we see a complete tutorial video series on Composure? and when shooting background plates, what is needed on location like measurements etc to make the compositing go smoothly in post and Unreal?
    agreed... but it might be better once they finish putting in all the pieces (including rendering audio etc (ahem))... what I would like to see is one built from scratch so that I get an understanding of how it works... just copying and pasting a blueprint with 1000 functions and variables teaches me nothing, and if I don't know how it works I can't work with it... so I don't see it happening for awhile, but I can get my levels ready I guess...

can't win them all
    (but once would be nice right)
    yeah... once would be nice...

NS

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello all!! I have been looking for some way to really work with chroma key inside ue4, avergage results touching nodes in materials, but waiting for composure sample arrives some day, my question is , would composure plugin work with chroma key issues in a better way that touching material nodes and parameters ? how? is there any sample/tutorial?

PD trying to repace green screen on video material using media player currently using this: ( with poor results...)

https://answers.unrealengine.com/sto...ot%20(104).png
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marce002; 12-03-2017, 07:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will we see a complete tutorial video series on Composure? and when shooting background plates, what is needed on location like measurements etc to make the compositing go smoothly in post and Unreal?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sounds like an interesting stream to me!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will some kind of Green/Blue Chroma Key and CG replacement be possible? Yes, I want to replace all that expensive software with Unreal, hahaha.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    At the end of the quick-start it's mentioned "You could also use Composure for an augmented reality experience where the backplate texture is a video feed from the camera" are you referring to an actual camera feed like webcam or do you mean the camera actors? If you mean actual camera, is there an EPIC way inbound soon or do we still need to do third party plugins, etc.?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can footage be composited during gameplay or is it limited to non-interactive segments?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Raildex_ View Post
    He lives in Spain now
    Teaching Unreal at university, though! He's still involved in the community.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Playonce View Post
    Amanda what happend to alexander?
    He lives in Spain now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amanda what happend to alexander?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Could you please show how you created the wheels without any motion blur shown on "The Human Race", because my vehicle wheels have insane amounts of motion blur when driving at higher speeds and I don't know how to fix it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X