Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Livestream - Getting Started with Gameplay Programming - July 27 - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    How long do these streams usually last? I'm interested but timezones.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A kinda camera I'd love to see it something akin to mega man or shadow complex. You have a camera that follows you but then you have rooms in which the camera becomes static (for bosses or challenges.) Also an interesting aspect of these cameras is not letting you proceed beyond the camera's viewport when the camera has hit a certain limit of a room.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    +1 [MENTION=15939]falola[/MENTION], [MENTION=524978]ipninichuck[/MENTION], [MENTION=111188]Fa1nT[/MENTION]

I would love to see a portion of the video dedicated to RTS camera controls. <3 UE4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i would agree with [MENTION=524978]ipninichuck[/MENTION] and [MENTION=111188]Fa1nT[/MENTION] that making an RTS camera would explain a lot of different concepts like locking camera into bounds, zooming, independent camera from the player's pawn etc...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would like to know more about how the organization of your code is handled. In the sense of where the best places to handle the functionality and be able to recycle as much from project to project. I also second [MENTION=111188]Fa1nT[/MENTION] in that it would be nice to see some examples beyond just the usual templates, and an RTS camera is a great idea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Could you please spend a few minutes on how to setup a basic RTS camera? I think this will perfectly show a lot of aspects of how the camera system works.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=153115]Sadaleus[/MENTION]

Alexander took a job in Spain. I think as a Teacher of Unreal Engine.

Amanda Bott has taken over his spot & handles the streams now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alex left the company at the end of last month and moved to Spain (where he's teaching UE4 at Uni Barcelona). Amanda took over for him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did a surprise visit at some point (Mega Jam hint hint?)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So when Alex is coming back on livestreams?

Leave a comment:

• Training Livestream - Getting Started with Gameplay Programming - July 27 - Live from Epic HQ

WHAT
    Joining us again will be Richard Hinckley, who will discuss Gameplay Programming (GPP) using C++. One of the most important contributing factors to how your game feels is how the camera works. We will explore some of the fundamentals of camera code and how it interacts with the player's character and other elements in the game.

WHEN
    Thursday, July 27th @ 2:00PM ET [Countdown]

WHERE
    Twitch
    Youtube

WHO
    Richard Hinckley - Sr Learning Resource Engineer
    Chance Ivey - Sr Community Manager - @iveytron
    Amanda Bott - Community Manager - @amandambott

Feel free to ask any questions on the topic in the thread below, and remember, while we try to give attention to all inquiries, it's not always possible to answer everyone's questions as they come up. This is especially true for off-topic requests, as it's rather likely that we don't have the appropriate person around to answer. Thanks for understanding!

Project files from the livestream are available to DOWNLOAD HERE.

ARCHIVE
    Last edited by Amanda.Schade; 08-08-2017, 09:41 AM.
Working...
X