Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Livestream - Realtime Simulation and Volume Modelling Experiments - May 2 - Live from Epic!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Awesome! I'm excited to watch this stream. Thanks Ryan!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
    [Question]
    I see you're using the ray marcher thing you've developed before, which operates on some arbitrary defined volume.

Is there some potential to use this with the new Volumetric Fog feature coming in 4.16. I ask because particles can be used to modify fog density / appearance etc. I believe - so being able to combine those things might have some really cool effects!
    Yes you can use this stuff to inject custom data into the volumetric fog. For now, the volume fog is unshadowed but you can also compute your own shadow. The only catch is that you have to do your shadow in the Albedo which means it won't sort properly with multiple light sources etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice! more RyanB awesomeness!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New link with updates.

Don't worry these dropbox links are just temporary. We will get a version up on a more official mirror soon. Still just making a few little fixes here and there.
    Last edited by RyanB; 05-02-2017, 12:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [Question]
    I see you're using the ray marcher thing you've developed before, which operates on some arbitrary defined volume.

Is there some potential to use this with the new Volumetric Fog feature coming in 4.16. I ask because particles can be used to modify fog density / appearance etc. I believe - so being able to combine those things might have some really cool effects!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    W00t? Can we get a mirror of this? Would love to try

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by issam1975 View Post
    yep link not available .

can we use this stuff to make volumetric clouds ? for flight sim games for example ?
    You will have all the key concepts into this to accomplish it and also you can check Ryan's blog at this link

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yep link not available .

can we use this stuff to make volumetric clouds ? for flight sim games for example ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RyanB View Post
    Yes, I am putting the finishing touches on it tonight in fact. I have uploaded a beta version for anybody who wants to try it out and report any issues. I am mostly cleaning up a bunch of stuff and trying to get some mesh voxelization work merged over. If I can get that finished in time I can show how it can be used to capture characters with motion vectors and use them for seeding or disturbing a simulation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vo8uo3n3pu...ctions.7z?dl=0
    That proved immediately popular: DropBox suspended downloads on the file due to high traffic. Argh.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Confirmed. Link is not available!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol, that didn't take long:

Error (429)
    This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh, also second question if you have time, but no stress if there are others that need answering:

What are the performance costs for this? Would it be possible to show the shader complexity?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Ryan, I've been following you for a while on YouTube (I think it's you, I can't check as I'm on shady university Wi-Fi) and I really dig your stuff!

My question is, is it possible for these volumes to evolve within baked point caches? For example, if I have an animated explosion with a mesh for the volume of the smoke that grows/changes, will the volume update properly or does it only work for stationary, non deforming meshes?

Thanks a bunch!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What Thou Demons Spawned in our Realm, BEGONE! Ye Evil Creature from the Misty Ethereal Realm!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    --*News Flash*--

Next up: Epic Games Developers are at it again, creating impossibly awesome things with their impossibly awesome game engine. Computer sorcery, or the result of sacrificial offerings to the electron gods? Find out.

Later: Scientists genetically alter pigs to grow wings and, yes, fly. Causes mad rush to come up with new phrase to mean 'impossible'. Riots ensue.

Tonight at 7: Godzilla appears off the coast of California. Magic: The Gathering players rush to the beach to challenge it to a game to determine who will control the state.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X