Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Livestream - Realtime Simulation and Volume Modelling Experiments - May 2 - Live from Epic!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the seed shape? I'd like to try out stuff like a torus rather than a sphere. Though id also like to try stuff like a dragons head if its possible.

Comment

Thank you been learning a lot from you

Comment

Hi, I have some difficulty installing the plugin. I put the plugin in the plugin folder of the program files, and the content folder in my project content, but when I load a map, a ton of "Can't find" appear. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm using 4.18.3 btw, if that changes anything.

Comment

Originally posted by tistu3 View Post
          Hi, I have some difficulty installing the plugin. I put the plugin in the plugin folder of the program files, and the content folder in my project content, but when I load a map, a ton of "Can't find" appear. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm using 4.18.3 btw, if that changes anything.
          You need to browse the Plugin Content folder inside the editor, this is why you dont see anything, inside the project Content there is nothing. Browsing the Plugin Content folder you will find maps to test the stuff.
          Nilson Lima
          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
          Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
          supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

You need to browse the Plugin Content folder inside the editor, this is why you dont see anything, inside the project Content there is nothing. Browsing the Plugin Content folder you will find maps to test the stuff.
            Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, When I turn on "Show Plugin Content" Nothing appear... When I try to load a test map from the basic content browser, the map is empty (except for the primitives) and the log looks like the screenshot I attached. I don't know what I'm doing wrong...
            EDIT: I realized that none of the material are connected to the blueprints, and same thing for the Texture Samples inside the materials. I'm pretty sure this isn't normal, but I don't know how to correct it, except by pluging in everything by hand.
            Last edited by tistu3; 03-16-2018, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, When I turn on "Show Plugin Content" Nothing appear... When I try to load a test map from the basic content browser, the map is empty (except for the primitives) and the log looks like the screenshot I attached. I don't know what I'm doing wrong...
              EDIT: I realized that none of the material are connected to the blueprints, and same thing for the Texture Samples inside the materials. I'm pretty sure this isn't normal, but I don't know how to correct it, except by pluging in everything by hand.
              I will upload for you a project with all set up already. You just need to open the project. Give me one hour until I can have it done.
              Nilson Lima

Comment

There you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1for...ew?usp=sharing

Hope it helps!
                Nilson Lima

Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to put together this scene! Sadly, it's still not working. I first had to install visual studio, which is normal apparently, so no problem there. Then I tried to open the scene, and I made a copy to open it with 4.18. Then, before it opens, I get this message:

Project files could not be generated. Log output:

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project="C:/Users/Tristan/Desktop/GDC_Volumetric/GDC_Volumetric 4.18 - 2/GDC_Volumetric.uproject" -game -rocket -progress
                  Discovering modules, targets and source code for project...
                  While compiling C:\Users\Tristan\Desktop\GDC_Volumetric\GDC_Volumetric 4.18 - 2\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\GDC_VolumetricModuleRules.dll:
                  ERROR: c:\Users\Tristan\Desktop\GDC_Volumetric\GDC_Volumetric 4.18 - 2\Source\GDC_Volumetric.Target.cs(19,12) : error CS0122: 'UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration' is inaccessible due to its protection level
                  ERROR: c:\Users\Tristan\Desktop\GDC_Volumetric\GDC_Volumetric 4.18 - 2\Source\GDC_Volumetric.Target.cs(17,23) : error CS0051: Inconsistent accessibility: parameter type 'ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>' is less accessible than method 'GDC_VolumetricTarget.SetupBinaries(UnrealBuildTool.TargetInfo, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<string>)'
                  ERROR: c:\Users\Tristan\Desktop\GDC_Volumetric\GDC_Volumetric 4.18 - 2\Source\GDC_VolumetricEditor.Target.cs(19,12) : error CS0122: 'UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration' is inaccessible due to its protection level
                  ERROR: c:\Users\Tristan\Desktop\GDC_Volumetric\GDC_Volumetric 4.18 - 2\Source\GDC_VolumetricEditor.Target.cs(17,23) : error CS0051: Inconsistent accessibility: parameter type 'ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>' is less accessible than method 'GDC_VolumetricEditorTarget.SetupBinaries(UnrealBuildTool.TargetInfo, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<string>)'
                  ERROR: UnrealBuildTool Exception: Unable to compile source files.

The scene doesn't open after that.

I tried opening the 4.18 version after that, and they tell me that it requires the HoudiniEngine plugin, which I don't have, and I'm also not sure if it's necessary for this project.

I'm really grateful for all the time you take to help me, thank you so much!

Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to put together this scene! Sadly, it's still not working. I first had to install visual studio, which is normal apparently, so no problem there. Then I tried to open the scene, and I made a copy to open it with 4.18. Then, before it opens, I get this message:

Project files could not be generated. Log output:

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project="C:/Users/Tristan/Desktop/GDC_Volumetric/GDC_Volumetric 4.18 - 2/GDC_Volumetric.uproject" -game -rocket -progress
                    Discovering modules, targets and source code for project...
                    While compiling C:\Users\Tristan\Desktop\GDC_Volumetric\GDC_Volumetric 4.18 - 2\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\GDC_VolumetricModuleRules.dll:
                    ERROR: c:\Users\Tristan\Desktop\GDC_Volumetric\GDC_Volumetric 4.18 - 2\Source\GDC_Volumetric.Target.cs(19,12) : error CS0122: 'UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration' is inaccessible due to its protection level
                    ERROR: c:\Users\Tristan\Desktop\GDC_Volumetric\GDC_Volumetric 4.18 - 2\Source\GDC_Volumetric.Target.cs(17,23) : error CS0051: Inconsistent accessibility: parameter type 'ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>' is less accessible than method 'GDC_VolumetricTarget.SetupBinaries(UnrealBuildTool.TargetInfo, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<string>)'
                    ERROR: c:\Users\Tristan\Desktop\GDC_Volumetric\GDC_Volumetric 4.18 - 2\Source\GDC_VolumetricEditor.Target.cs(19,12) : error CS0122: 'UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration' is inaccessible due to its protection level
                    ERROR: c:\Users\Tristan\Desktop\GDC_Volumetric\GDC_Volumetric 4.18 - 2\Source\GDC_VolumetricEditor.Target.cs(17,23) : error CS0051: Inconsistent accessibility: parameter type 'ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>' is less accessible than method 'GDC_VolumetricEditorTarget.SetupBinaries(UnrealBuildTool.TargetInfo, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<string>)'
                    ERROR: UnrealBuildTool Exception: Unable to compile source files.

The scene doesn't open after that.

I tried opening the 4.18 version after that, and they tell me that it requires the HoudiniEngine plugin, which I don't have, and I'm also not sure if it's necessary for this project.

I'm really grateful for all the time you take to help me, thank you so much!
                    Houdini is not necessary and you can ignore it. One portion of the project which needs the C++ code are related to VR gear to paint the volume texture's velocities. When you install Visual Studio (2017 is preferable) there are some modules of it you need to install too as this is preventing the successful compilation. Check the forum for the tutorial about visual studio installation and it tells the module names, Im quite not with my hands in the correct computer to check this atm.
                    Nilson Lima

Comment

Loving this plugin. Is there anyway to get a shadow from the VolumeRay material once its being rendered in the S_Box_insideout? I'd like to use these as clouds in a stylized environment.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Is there a way I can add velocity (not using VR) to a volume I've imported (from Houdini)? I want to create the volumes in Houdini but add velocity to them in Unreal?
                        Any pointers would be appreciated.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by melmaster View Post
                          Loving this plugin. Is there anyway to get a shadow from the VolumeRay material once its being rendered in the S_Box_insideout? I'd like to use these as clouds in a stylized environment.
                          The only way is to write a light function taking into account several samples from the volume texture to make the shadow an approximation of the cloud shape.
                          Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by michaeltan View Post
                            Hey Everyone,

Is there a way I can add velocity (not using VR) to a volume I've imported (from Houdini)? I want to create the volumes in Houdini but add velocity to them in Unreal?
                            Any pointers would be appreciated.

Mike
                            If you study the material and the blueprints which handle the VR portion, you will see that the velocity is written into a Render Target which is later sampled in the Material and the handled in HLSL node to add that velocity to the initial volume texture. Disregarding the VR portion, all you need to do is to author a static texture or create one in runtime containing the velocities, and each change in the velocities you just update the Render Target.. This is the only thing you will need to address and the material pretty much is the same.

Nilson Lima

Comment

If you study the material and the blueprints which handle the VR portion, you will see that the velocity is written into a Render Target which is later sampled in the Material and the handled in HLSL node to add that velocity to the initial volume texture. Disregarding the VR portion, all you need to do is to author a static texture or create one in runtime containing the velocities, and each change in the velocities you just update the Render Target.. This is the only thing you will need to address and the material pretty much is the same.
                              Thank you, i'll take a look seems doable. Also how would I go about manipulating the velocity say with a mouse? I'm rendering the results to a movie for the time being in stead of runtime as well.

Comment

Originally posted by michaeltan View Post

Thank you, i'll take a look seems doable. Also how would I go about manipulating the velocity say with a mouse? I'm rendering the results to a movie for the time being in stead of runtime as well.
                                Inside this project there is the fluid simulation which you mouse click/drag on a plane and it disturbs the fluid being simulated. You can use the same approach.
                                Nilson Lima

Comment

Working...
                                X