Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Livestream - Realtime Simulation and Volume Modelling Experiments - May 2 - Live from Epic!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Awesome plugin, huuuuge thanks and congratulations for this.

One issue though, is that it creates VERY LONG file paths that generate "filename too long" errors when trying to cook a project using your plugin

So I had to rename lots of files and folders.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=3692]RyanB[/MENTION] This is awesome!! We watched the streaming like fangirls XD. I've been following your blog and trying to follow the tutorials, but I was not able to make it work until now. I'm also trying to paint decals on a texture and I'm using your hitmask system but I really dont understand why you use the spheremask node. Do you know how I can change the sphere by a texture?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RennJan View Post
    Archive post? Do you have a link?

I loved state of unreal and particularly liked the idea of these dynamics in VR, the fact it works in the VR editor meant it'd be ace for some visuals I wanted to add to a game i'm working on in 4.15

I was wondering, are these part of the unreal assets usable in projects with modification now?

I'm still watching through the hand menus part of the stream and was hoping I could use/adapt it rather than starting from scratch as well, its essentially the upgrade option menu I've had in mind.

Cheers for the great livestreams!
    The video is now on youtube is what I meant. It's updated in the main post. These are totally reusable and modifiable as you like. We'd be really excited to hear what you do with it. Let us know your feedback.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that makes sense yh, thats what I'm watching atm!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RennJan View Post
    I assumed he means the video of the session is now on the youtube channel but maybe I got the wrong end of the stick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWzPP5FAYAg

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
    Archive post is now up, enjoy!

I loved state of unreal and particularly liked the idea of these dynamics in VR, the fact it works in the VR editor meant it'd be ace for some visuals I wanted to add to a game i'm working on in 4.15

I was wondering, are these part of the unreal assets usable in projects with modification now?

I'm still watching through the hand menus part of the stream and was hoping I could use/adapt it rather than starting from scratch as well, its essentially the upgrade option menu I've had in mind.

Cheers for the great livestreams!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very cool!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Archive video is now up, enjoy!
    Last edited by Alexander Paschall; 05-04-2017, 11:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FWIW, the memory crash and perf hitches I experienced on the stream were all due to one tiny bug in the BP. Under Debug-> the variable "Saved Pressure Divisor" should have been marked as user editable. Since it was not, the BP thought the setting "Pressure Divisor" was changing every time the script ran, which meant it was creating hundreds or thousands of render targets when I scrubbed. Scrubbing should be relatively hitch free and memory safe after that fix.

I suggest everyone who has the BP to make that variable editable. It gets set by the BP itself and is how it tracks if properties have changed and whether it needs to create new RTs or not. This came about because merging BPs to an older build by hand has to be done manually.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RyanB View Post
    New link with updates.

Don't worry these dropbox links are just temporary. We will get a version up on a more official mirror soon. Still just making a few little fixes here and there.
    Just watched through the twitch stream. At the very end you mentioned that you're interested in adding the ability to move your hand through smoke in VR. Is this something you could help me with? I'm working on a VR project that could use something just like this except for clouds. I was thinking of just adding a general noise/flow for light cloud movement then utilize the same method you had for painting velocity except with a decay to return back to normal, if possible?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RyanB View Post
    Yes, I am putting the finishing touches on it tonight in fact. I have uploaded a beta version for anybody who wants to try it out and report any issues. I am mostly cleaning up a bunch of stuff and trying to get some mesh voxelization work merged over. If I can get that finished in time I can show how it can be used to capture characters with motion vectors and use them for seeding or disturbing a simulation.

*edit* old link removed
    Amazing! This is exactly what I've been needing for a project of mine!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks to Ryan. Absolutely amazing info and tech.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for your reply again. I deleted my last post as I figured it out. Having the 2 folders was my original issue and then after updating, I overlooked that the show sources in the content panel wasn't active.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there any chance you have an extra folder layer, like two folders name "ShaderbitsGDCPack" in the plugins folder? That happened to me the first time I tried extracting the zip. Under plugins should just be one of those folders, then within it should be content folder and plugin files. etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SydeSwype View Post
    How do you install this and access it within the editor to mess around with it?
    Add the folder to the plugins folder of your project. Then go to window-> plugins and scroll to the bottom of the left pane and enable the plugin. Then in your content browser, in the bottom right, click the arrow to show the menu and Check "Show Plugin Content".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X