Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Livestream - Realtime Simulation and Volume Modelling Experiments - May 2 - Live from Epic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by tistu3 View Post
    Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, When I turn on "Show Plugin Content" Nothing appear... When I try to load a test map from the basic content browser, the map is empty (except for the primitives) and the log looks like the screenshot I attached. I don't know what I'm doing wrong...
    EDIT: I realized that none of the material are connected to the blueprints, and same thing for the Texture Samples inside the materials. I'm pretty sure this isn't normal, but I don't know how to correct it, except by pluging in everything by hand.
    I will upload for you a project with all set up already. You just need to open the project. Give me one hour until I can have it done.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

You need to browse the Plugin Content folder inside the editor, this is why you dont see anything, inside the project Content there is nothing. Browsing the Plugin Content folder you will find maps to test the stuff.
    Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, When I turn on "Show Plugin Content" Nothing appear... When I try to load a test map from the basic content browser, the map is empty (except for the primitives) and the log looks like the screenshot I attached. I don't know what I'm doing wrong...
    EDIT: I realized that none of the material are connected to the blueprints, and same thing for the Texture Samples inside the materials. I'm pretty sure this isn't normal, but I don't know how to correct it, except by pluging in everything by hand.
    Last edited by tistu3; 03-16-2018, 01:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tistu3 View Post
    Hi, I have some difficulty installing the plugin. I put the plugin in the plugin folder of the program files, and the content folder in my project content, but when I load a map, a ton of "Can't find" appear. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm using 4.18.3 btw, if that changes anything.
    You need to browse the Plugin Content folder inside the editor, this is why you dont see anything, inside the project Content there is nothing. Browsing the Plugin Content folder you will find maps to test the stuff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I have some difficulty installing the plugin. I put the plugin in the plugin folder of the program files, and the content folder in my project content, but when I load a map, a ton of "Can't find" appear. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm using 4.18.3 btw, if that changes anything.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you been learning a lot from you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone know if it is possible to change the seed shape? I'd like to try out stuff like a torus rather than a sphere. Though id also like to try stuff like a dragons head if its possible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is really amazing. I installed it and am trying the VolumeTextures/Volume Preview. I see the volume and I see the flipbook being generated. Is the representation in the view an actual volume, and then I would somehow use the flip book to approximate it in a more efficient way? Just getting started, so any info would be great. Besides that, I wondered if it is possible to import a simple piece of geometry and use that to create the volume shape. I will play around with these settings, but is it meant to be brought into a level as is, or do I need to create a setup with the filpbooks (and is there an example I could learn from).
    Last edited by mad_guru; 08-18-2017, 02:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi!
    first off, thanks for your great work!
    I dont know if this is the correct way to approach but i'm looking for a way to recreate this in Unreal Engine. would it be possible?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkWlxHlxVy4

If someone is up for a collaboration here is my email. johan.rosenberg@filmgate.se

Thanks!
    Johan

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That video card only has 2gb of ram. The fluid simulation takes up quite a bit of video memory. Did you download the initial version or the second updated link?

http://unreal-engine-public-share-cd...s-GDC-Pack.zip

The first version had a bug that was not saving the RT references properly. It is expected that the fluid sim will be very slow to render unless you have an nvidia 980 or better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This plugin makes my project Lag really bad and my pc is not junk.

64 gig ram
    windows 10
    radeon R7 240

it should not lag this much. loading the fluid sim maps locks my pc to a crawl why??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can the volumes be exported as VDB's?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That is strange, I thought I replied to the last post a few days ago.

To preview, you should place the BP under the VolumeTextures folder. The ones in the RayMarching folder were more meant as helper BPs used by other blueprints. mostly they just write data to render targets without a preview setup of their own. For example the IBL one computes lighting for a volume texture based on a specified cubemap.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RyanB View Post
    Is there any chance you have an extra folder layer, like two folders name "ShaderbitsGDCPack" in the plugins folder? That happened to me the first time I tried extracting the zip. Under plugins should just be one of those folders, then within it should be content folder and plugin files. etc.
    Thanks for your work! I want to know how to preview ray marching, i add four BPs which in the ray marching folder into the level, it seems doesn't work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    SIMPLY AMAZING. The application for these features is limitless. The first thought that comes to mind is the Typhon in Prey. I would like to adapt it for simulating Fur, and other organics.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome plugin, huuuuge thanks and congratulations for this.

One issue though, is that it creates VERY LONG file paths that generate "filename too long" errors when trying to cook a project using your plugin

So I had to rename lots of files and folders.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X