Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Livestream - Realtime Simulation and Volume Modelling Experiments - May 2 - Live from Epic!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by issam1975 View Post
    yep link not available .

can we use this stuff to make volumetric clouds ? for flight sim games for example ?
    You will have all the key concepts into this to accomplish it and also you can check Ryan's blog at this link
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

W00t? Can we get a mirror of this? Would love to try

Comment

[Question]
        I see you're using the ray marcher thing you've developed before, which operates on some arbitrary defined volume.

Is there some potential to use this with the new Volumetric Fog feature coming in 4.16. I ask because particles can be used to modify fog density / appearance etc. I believe - so being able to combine those things might have some really cool effects!

Comment

New link with updates.

Don't worry these dropbox links are just temporary. We will get a version up on a more official mirror soon. Still just making a few little fixes here and there.
          Last edited by RyanB; 05-02-2017, 12:58 PM.
          Ryan Brucks
          Principal Technical Artist, Epic Games

Comment

nice! more RyanB awesomeness!

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
              [Question]
              I see you're using the ray marcher thing you've developed before, which operates on some arbitrary defined volume.

Is there some potential to use this with the new Volumetric Fog feature coming in 4.16. I ask because particles can be used to modify fog density / appearance etc. I believe - so being able to combine those things might have some really cool effects!
              Yes you can use this stuff to inject custom data into the volumetric fog. For now, the volume fog is unshadowed but you can also compute your own shadow. The only catch is that you have to do your shadow in the Albedo which means it won't sort properly with multiple light sources etc.
              Ryan Brucks

Comment

Awesome! I'm excited to watch this stream. Thanks Ryan!
                W3 Studios

Comment

I am so looking forward to this stream

I might cry if I cant get hold of the plugin soon though

Comment

Will this be recorded so we can watch later?

Comment

Should be on youtube soon. Not sure how long it takes.

*edit* doh, apparently its my account, not my link, that is blocked due to traffic.
                      Last edited by RyanB; 05-02-2017, 12:58 PM.
                      Ryan Brucks

Comment

The download for the plugin is now available on the original post or here. The reason is that section is specifically for people who have agreed to the Unreal Engine EULA and so they are approved to access the project.
                        Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                        How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                        Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by RyanB View Post
                          Should be on youtube soon. Not sure how long it takes.

*edit* doh, apparently its my account, not my link, that is blocked due to traffic.
                          Post it on another service? ^^

Are there any requirements we should know about to be able to follow the stream?
                          Asking because I have not done any shader dev with UE yet.

Looking forward to the stream regardless

Comment

Tech art streams are always great!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
                              The download for the plugin is now available on the original post or here. The reason is that section is specifically for people who have agreed to the Unreal Engine EULA and so they are approved to access the project.
                              Uh, wait what? "who have agreed to the Unreal Engine EULA"? Haven't we all agreed to it when using the engine?

I do not have access for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Drakkinstorm View Post
                                Uh, wait what? "who have agreed to the Unreal Engine EULA"? Haven't we all agreed to it when using the engine?

I do not have access for example.
                                Correct! When you sign up for UE4 you get a forum account too. That means you have signed the EULA. You are not required to have signed the EULA to read the forums, except one section that requires that you login, thus proving you have accepted the EULA.

EDIT: I fixed the link, it was wrong.
                                Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                                How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                                Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                                X