Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Livestream - Lighting Techniques and Guides 2: Dynamic Light - April 4 - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Hugely helpful, I've wanted to see many of these features authoritatively demonstrated for the longest time.

    And those clever tricks with the cloud shadows, cave entrance, etc are awesome, thanks!

    SINGMETOSLEEP / PARASOMNIA / DARKDRIFT / ETERNAL APEX / PRETTY ABRASIVE MUSIC / TWITTER @ACATALEPT

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by Sadaleus View Post
      [MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION] Can we get access to project used on stream via Asset Sharing sub-forum? It would be very useful to make some experiments, personally play with these examples and check out that cave and ui panel with options prepared by [MENTION=4894]Tim Hobson[/MENTION]
      Tim is going to host it on his website. Our asset manager doesn't like projects that are as big as that one, so he's being a total champ and hosting it himself.
      Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
      How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
      Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

      Comment


        #48
        I can't seem to find the second lighting techniques livestream on youtube? Is it just me? I might be a bit too tired...


        edit: Thanks Tim Found it on Twitch!
        Last edited by Gmi; 04-07-2017, 03:36 PM.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Gmi View Post
          I can't seem to find the second lighting techniques livestream on youtube? Is it just me? I might be a bit too tired...
          It usually takes a few days, as with all the streams, before we have them up for everyone. In the meantime you can always check it out on our Twitch channel under the past videos until it is up.


          For anyone else, you can also find the assets from this stream shared here now: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ts-from-4-4-17
          Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
          UE4 Documentation
          Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |
          _____________________________________________
          Follow me on Twitter @TimHobsonUE4 | My Personal Website
          Photons Be Free: Mini-Tutorials and other Curiosities

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Gmi View Post
            I can't seem to find the second lighting techniques livestream on youtube? Is it just me? I might be a bit too tired...


            edit: Thanks Tim Found it on Twitch!
            It went up just last night. It's embeded in the post now.
            Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
            How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
            Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

            Comment


              #51
              Hey guys, I got carried away after the light stream and i kinda made one UI for my use,
              so if anyone is interested to use feel free to download and use it.
              Is just widget object that you can place anywhere in your project and use it.

              URL: Download

              Preview:



              [MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION] not sure if this is right place to post, but feel free to let me know if it need to be in other section.
              [MENTION=4894]Tim Hobson[/MENTION] ty very much for stream both of you, very informative.
              Last edited by Middlle; 05-16-2017, 12:51 PM.

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Middlle View Post
                Hey guys, I got carried away after the light stream and i kinda made one UI for my use,
                so if anyone is interested to use feel free to download and use it.
                Is just widget object that you can place anywhere in your project and use it.

                URL: Download


                Preview:



                [MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION] not sure if this is right place to post, but feel free to let me know if it need to be in other section.
                [MENTION=4894]Tim Hobson[/MENTION] ty very much for stream both of you, very informative.

                Thank you very much, for this!

                I'll try installing it on my project later today.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Hi ,

                  Sorry I am a newb, how can I make this widget appear on the viewport again?

                  Cheers

                  Comment


                    #54
                    You need to download the file by that link in the post number 51, copy the file inside your project's content folder. The asset name is the same.
                    Nilson Lima
                    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                    Art is a state of Spirit

                    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/QJUb5Wk
                    UE4 Marketplace:
                    Cloudscape Seasons

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
                      You need to download the file by that link in the post number 51, copy the file inside your project's content folder. The asset name is the same.
                      Hi Nilson,

                      Thanks for the pointer.I did that, and It still does not appear on the viewport, do you mind guiding me step by step ?
                      All I have right now is just the widget blue print on the content folder inside Unreal engine 4 and I can see it on Unreal,when i double click it, it only opens the blueprint window.
                      Below I included the screeshot.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by Vivoco88 View Post
                        and It still does not appear on the viewport, do you mind guiding me step by step ? All I have right now is just the widget blue print on the content folder inside Unreal engine 4 and I can see it on Unreal,when i double click it, it only opens the blueprint window. Below I included the screeshot.
                        Sounds like the steps you're missing are the 2 key nodes to create the Menu:
                        Code:
                        Begin-Play -> Create-Widget (assign WD_DebugLight) -> Add-to-Viewport

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X