Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Livestream - Creating Semi-Procedural Materials - Feb 7th - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b3v5kyCTz4#t=0s
    Ryan Brucks
    Principal Technical Artist, Epic Games

Comment

thankyou very much

Comment

Is it possible to replicate the interior cubemap technique but using spherical (or cylindrical) geometry? For example for faking an environment seen through a window.

Comment

You dont need to do anything to do that. Cubemaps already work like you describe. You just have to sample one.
          Ryan Brucks

Comment

I wanted a parallax effect (instead of the normal camera vector skydome thing) and found the DistanceLimitedReflections material function which seems to do what I want. It would be nice if you could rotate the cubemap somehow. The cubemap seems locked to the world rotation and I have no idea how to change it.

Comment

If you want a 90 degree rotation, you can just swizzle the coordinates. There is a swizzle function. Use XYZ->YXZ. Then flips can be done by multiplying -1,1,1 etc.

Custom rotations can be done using RotateAboutAxis.
              Ryan Brucks

Comment

I got it working using RotateAboutAxis. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by RyanB View Post
                  Apparently the reason why "Merge Actors" had the materials options greyed out was because I needed to specify "Use specific LOD level"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128625[/ATTACH]

hi I tried this but it does not work either, the option 'merge actor' still does not appear

Last edited by IronStan; 03-31-2017, 10:05 AM. Reason: up

Comment

is it normal ?

Comment

Is there a possibility that the BP_Preview_With_RenderTargets will be available any time soon?

Comment

Originally posted by RyanB View Post
                        If you want a 90 degree rotation, you can just swizzle the coordinates. There is a swizzle function. Use XYZ->YXZ. Then flips can be done by multiplying -1,1,1 etc.

Custom rotations can be done using RotateAboutAxis.
                        Sorry for necroing this ancient thread ^.^ i just migrated your Semiprocedural Material to 4.25, and it works great on Objects with plain surfaces and that should have vertical windows. However, is it possible to change it, so that the windows work with angled surfaces too, and still be oriented like a normal room?
                        If i put this material on a sphere or cone, then the interior will tilt too (see cone/pyramid in the picture). how can i prevent that and make it somewhat independent from the surface angle?

Click image for larger version

Name:	SemiProcedural Glass Cone.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	585.5 KB
ID:	1765609

Comment

Working...
                        X