Training Livestream - Getting Started with AI - Jan 31 - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    As Mieszko has been in fortnight/paragon game support land forever, my main question is when are there going to be features ported to mainline ? :O

More specifically, if/when/where for below:
    -Hotspots,
    -Physical movement model
    -Navmesh on moving platforms
    -RVO 2.0 and/or Detour crowd behaviors ported
    -AI messages refactor
    -Gameplay tasks brought out of experimental to replace pawn actions
    -Different agents on single navmesh
    -Comment support in BT editor beyond copying comments from BT graph into the editor
    -More advanced navlink features, filtering agents, built in events, bigger than edge connections

...to name a few.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sweet see how that works in that AL Engine4 works app games and VR games trying to design.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kamrann View Post
    [MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION] did anything ever happen with that plan (I don't think I've made this up!) to have a general Q&A stream with Mieszko? If not, is it still on the cards?
    Mieszko will mostly be there for the Q&A portion of the stream. We'll try to keep him on as long as we can.

Originally posted by AustinFnFordham View Post
    Any chance we'll see Character interaction with AI(Running from player, Running to player, taking cover when it sees the player, etc) in this stream? So excited you guys are doing this!
    Yep, that will be covered
    Edit: forgot, we won't be covering avoidance, because that is a whole stream itself.

Originally posted by franktech View Post
    Bonus points if you leave a little time to discuss general AI strat here or here or the following simple scenario:

AI is pursuing player. The door the player went through is still open, but there are other open doors nearby too.
    Should the AI follow or take another route? Maybe the player is waiting inside ready to shoot / planted a bomb.
    Overall, get game AI to mimic more human traits: unpredictability / stealth / cunning / self-preservation etc...
    Fantastic read! I won't be covering adaptive learning in this stream. That would take a bit to get to and I just want to focus this one on beginners. I will discuss how and why to "design for your game" as opposed to just making a "really smart" AI.
    Last edited by Alexander Paschall; 01-31-2017, 05:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any chance we'll see Character interaction with AI(Running from player, Running to player, taking cover when it sees the player, etc) in this stream? So excited you guys are doing this!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    normally they upload it on their Unreal Engine Channel on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh man, I love this community so much. Thank you Epic and all the other boffs for taking the time to help us plebs out!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just adding my question so hopefully it gets covered in the broadcast. When using the VR template from the Engine. When you use the move to in the behavior tree and the target is the player, the AI will move to the VR origin instead of the position of the player withing the play space. How can we make the AI track the players position within their placespace and have the AI move to them.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would love to see this live but not possible. I guess I will see the video afterwards.

Am doing an AIController and AI which is "working" but its misbehaving so to speak, and
    are looking for pointers and tips !!

Happy AIĀ“ing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by legual View Post
    I want to watch it too, but I'm at work. Can I watch it somewhere afterwards? (sry for my terrible english)
    Check out their YOUTUBE channel too... they upload the training a day or so after the actual stream... Take care.

teak

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This will be really helpful I have a hard time understanding on how to build your own AI. I Don't even know where to begin with XD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION] did anything ever happen with that plan (I don't think I've made this up!) to have a general Q&A stream with Mieszko? If not, is it still on the cards?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
    Essentially it's an update to that stream (since we're on a much newer version with new features), with better section breakdown and more succinct instructions. I get a lot of requests to go do a very basic AI stream instead of something big and multi-part. This is a one-shot that will get you familiar with all of the basics of AI, so you can get a few NPCs running around.
    wow i would love to have a "big one", i'm looking in making a "life simulator game like the sims and i'm really interested in a good tutorial to setup and ai make npcs act really human, like have need make relationships have "personality, use they "5 senses", how to setup a really very good and complex AI to make a really good "fake human" behavious not just for action but for every day behavious.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cyaoeu View Post
    If you go to https://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/videos/all after the stream has started the latest video will be an archive of the stream. You can watch it when the stream is over or even if you're just a bit late and want to watch from the beginning. You'll only have to refresh the page when you get to the end of the archived video.
    Thanks cyaoeu! I did not know that... that's great to hear.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is great will be there. If anyone is working on AI for VR and have some time can you take a look at this issue I'm having where the AI targets the VR origin instead of the position of the player in the play space.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...vr-origin.html

Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you go to https://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/videos/all after the stream has started the latest video will be an archive of the stream. You can watch it when the stream is over or even if you're just a bit late and want to watch from the beginning. You'll only have to refresh the page when you get to the end of the archived video.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X