No announcement yet.

Training Livestream - Getting Started with AI - Jan 31 - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION] did anything ever happen with that plan (I don't think I've made this up!) to have a general Q&A stream with Mieszko? If not, is it still on the cards?

Comment

This will be really helpful I have a hard time understanding on how to build your own AI. I Don't even know where to begin with XD

Comment

Originally posted by legual View Post
        I want to watch it too, but I'm at work. Can I watch it somewhere afterwards? (sry for my terrible english)
        Check out their YOUTUBE channel too... they upload the training a day or so after the actual stream... Take care.

teak
        "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
        -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

Comment

I would love to see this live but not possible. I guess I will see the video afterwards.

Am doing an AIController and AI which is "working" but its misbehaving so to speak, and
          are looking for pointers and tips !!

Happy AIĀ“ing

Comment

Just adding my question so hopefully it gets covered in the broadcast. When using the VR template from the Engine. When you use the move to in the behavior tree and the target is the player, the AI will move to the VR origin instead of the position of the player withing the play space. How can we make the AI track the players position within their placespace and have the AI move to them.

Thanks

Comment

Oh man, I love this community so much. Thank you Epic and all the other boffs for taking the time to help us plebs out!

Comment

normally they upload it on their Unreal Engine Channel on YouTube.

Comment

Any chance we'll see Character interaction with AI(Running from player, Running to player, taking cover when it sees the player, etc) in this stream? So excited you guys are doing this!

Comment

Originally posted by kamrann View Post
                    [MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION] did anything ever happen with that plan (I don't think I've made this up!) to have a general Q&A stream with Mieszko? If not, is it still on the cards?
                    Mieszko will mostly be there for the Q&A portion of the stream. We'll try to keep him on as long as we can.

Originally posted by AustinFnFordham View Post
                    Any chance we'll see Character interaction with AI(Running from player, Running to player, taking cover when it sees the player, etc) in this stream? So excited you guys are doing this!
                    Yep, that will be covered
                    Edit: forgot, we won't be covering avoidance, because that is a whole stream itself.

Originally posted by franktech View Post
                    Bonus points if you leave a little time to discuss general AI strat here or here or the following simple scenario:

AI is pursuing player. The door the player went through is still open, but there are other open doors nearby too.
                    Should the AI follow or take another route? Maybe the player is waiting inside ready to shoot / planted a bomb.
                    Overall, get game AI to mimic more human traits: unpredictability / stealth / cunning / self-preservation etc...
                    Fantastic read! I won't be covering adaptive learning in this stream. That would take a bit to get to and I just want to focus this one on beginners. I will discuss how and why to "design for your game" as opposed to just making a "really smart" AI.
                    Last edited by Alexander Paschall; 01-31-2017, 05:50 PM.
                    Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                    Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Sweet see how that works in that AL Engine4 works app games and VR games trying to design.

Comment

As Mieszko has been in fortnight/paragon game support land forever, my main question is when are there going to be features ported to mainline ? :O

More specifically, if/when/where for below:
                        -Hotspots,
                        -Physical movement model
                        -Navmesh on moving platforms
                        -RVO 2.0 and/or Detour crowd behaviors ported
                        -AI messages refactor
                        -Gameplay tasks brought out of experimental to replace pawn actions
                        -Different agents on single navmesh
                        -Comment support in BT editor beyond copying comments from BT graph into the editor
                        -More advanced navlink features, filtering agents, built in events, bigger than edge connections

...to name a few.

Comment

Hi, will there be at least some Paper2D tips for AI?
                          FPS Game Starter Kit
                          Retro Game Starter Kit
                          Quiz Game Starter Kit
                          Twin Stick Game Starter Kit

Comment

1. What would it take to get navmeshes on moving platforms?
                            2. Whats the status no Gameplay tasks & Pawn Actions?
                            3. What are the plans for AI in UE4 going forward?

Comment

This is really fast, I can't understand anything!

Comment

Utility AI is a newer approach, any idea if UE4 is working to implement this approach with or in place of Behavior Trees? [Example: Weighting given to a series of values or states and the math compares grid and returns preferred action to take based on given weights].

Comment

Working...
                                X