No announcement yet.

Training Stream - Multiplayer Mash-up - Nov 8th - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the nightmares I had about a year ago to make this working correctly, the memories are coming back :3
    https://twitter.com/Ninjin42

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Bunn View Post
      One more comment to add...

I wanted to try and do a Local VR vs Non-VR gameplay (where one person is in VR and another is using the computer/keyboard/controller to play locally).

The ability to override the local mirror window (what is projected from the headset to the computer monitor/tv) is something that the VR team said would be possible in future engine updates.

That would allow you to override the mirrow window with any camera actor (it may be doable through C++, but I know we want to expose that to BP's as well).

-W
      What you can do now is open two instances (either editor or packaged), connect eachother. Minimize VR player window, maximize spectator window, voila. Works for me, although I can't imagine it working in a commercial product, still an experiment. Here's the project with my setup.
      VR/AR Development [Portfolio | YouTube | LinkedIn]

Comment

Will have to take a look at that. Whenever you try to play a standalone game with two local players (not connected locally via lan), the HMD kicks in and is mirrored to the PC. I've tried creating players and assigning controllers and specifying pawn possession, however when stereo mode is turned on for the HMD it takes over the PC monitor view which is what the team said they want to be able to allow you to override with a different camera actor. Will update once that functionality is in.

-W

Comment

Hi Wes. first of all thanks for your amazing tutorials! They are very helpful. I have folowed this last video step by step and worked ok, but once I create a Host and it jumps into the Lobby, the menu on it (using VR) is not centered, a part is out of screen and also in a different resolution, so you can´t navigate the menu. When you roll over with the mouse where the buttons ares supposed to be located, the part of the button seen out of screen is higlighted. so I´m not sure what I´m doing wrong. Any ideas? Almost forgot! I can see the hands, their movements and grabbing releasing, but not the HMD @wesbunn

Thanks!

Last edited by TOMYFERJER; 11-11-2016, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Just Found that I had Stereo ON in the Lobby menu so that problem is solved. But still can´t see the HMD.

Comment

[MENTION=11397]franktech[/MENTION]
              Don't get me wrong, a 1vs1 Multiplayer Split-Screen is easy to make with Blueprints. I'm just sad I didn't have this tutorial 1 year ago. To be fair, I had no previous experiences about Multiplayer in general. But if you watched the stream, you should already know everything you need <3.
              https://twitter.com/Ninjin42

Comment

Hey Franktech,

Yeah, local multiplayer via split-screen is possible using just BP (Unreal's default Online Subsystem will allow you to connect via LAN out of the box).

Take a look at the Online Session nodes, the Create Session has an option built in to create the session via LAN instead of a different subsystem (Steam, PSN, etc).

-W

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Bunn View Post
                  Hey Franktech,

Yeah, local multiplayer via split-screen is possible using just BP (Unreal's default Online Subsystem will allow you to connect via LAN out of the box).

Take a look at the Online Session nodes, the Create Session has an option built in to create the session via LAN instead of a different subsystem (Steam, PSN, etc).

-W
                  Thanks Wes!

If its just local multiplayer (non VR) are any added plugins necessary?
                  (For example the VR sample needed Steam and would load nothing w/o it)

Comment

Correct, if you look in the Plugins section of the editor under Online Subsystem, some are already included and enabled by default and there is nothing extra you need to do to turn them on or get them to work. Online Subsystem Null is what would be used for LAN play.

Comment

Hi Wes, Im having Problems with hmd mesh, is not visible. I checked all the proyect and i cant find de problem.
                      thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by alejomar View Post
                        Hi Wes, Im having Problems with hmd mesh, is not visible. I checked all the proyect and i cant find de problem.
                        thanks for your help.
                        Hi Alejo, I had the same problem and realized that in the BMP_HMD I had the Root set to Static in Mobility instead of Movable, try with that!

Comment

Thanks Tomy was that. Now the problem is that i see the mesh of the HMD and I have "Onwer no See" enabled.

Comment

Hello all! I am trying to make the game spawn a random Character BP each time but its not working. If i try to do this some times i cant spawn at all. what would be the correct approach?

Comment

Hey Wes, thank you for an awesome tutorial. I'm working on a VR multiplayer app using this as a starting point and wanted to see if I'm on the right track. I edited the game mode to spawn two MotionControllerPawns, and I think the next step is to edit the ProcessVR custom event inside that BP to track and replicate the movement of multiple VR players separately, is that right?

Comment

The 4 player Split Screen HUD no longer works following this Tutorial. - Version 4.13.2
                                Can we get a updated video or some kind of Blueprint Tutorial for the newer version 4.16.3? Thanks.

EDIT: I was able to get some help to get this to work.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...creen-hud.html
                                Last edited by WoolfVision; 08-12-2017, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X