Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.14 Preview - Nov 3 @ 2PM ET - Live from Epic HQ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I take that all back. Still very much broken, and other reflections are all screwed up now too
    Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Comment

Great show!

Can you give us an update on the state of DX12 in UE4 and when you expect it to become non-experimental?
      Programmer at Klang Games | Ex-CCP (EVE Valkyrie / Sparc) | @SiggiGG
      Check out my procedural mesh examples

Comment

Now that baked lightmaps/lighting scenarios are more like assets - is there any functionality currently in-engine (or in the works) to interpolate/blend between the different lighting setups? I'm thinking along the lines of a precomputed day/night cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by xDiavalx View Post
          You keep using the Showdown VR demo for promoting 4.14. Will the Showdown demo get a full 4.14 update?
          Sorry, there's no plan to update Showdown yet. The rendering team just used it as a nice test case when working on the new static lighting features.

--Mike

Comment

Originally posted by CleanCut View Post
            - When blueprint nativization is stable, will it become the default? If it becomes the default, will it eventually become the *only* option?
            We haven't decided whether it will become the default. There are some trade-offs to consider related to iteration times when working with cooked or packaged builds. It will absolutely not be the only option -- we'll always have a VM available for fast iteration.

Originally posted by CleanCut View Post
            Is there a target version for Nintendo Switch support? (4.15, 4.16, etc.)
            There is initial support already, but it's very much still in heavy development. There isn't a specific release where we'll advertise it as "done" yet.

--Mike

Comment

Originally posted by SiggiG View Post
              Can you give us an update on the state of DX12 in UE4 and when you expect it to become non-experimental?
              The team is working hard on support for DX 12 on both Xbox One and PC platforms. Originally they were planning to have it ready before EOY, but I don't think it will make it in time due to other pressures. We'll update Paragon to support DX 12 on PC as soon as we can, and when that's finally working we'll probably consider it ready for all.

--Mike

Comment

Thanks for the replies, [MENTION=987]DarkVeil[/MENTION] ;-)

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                  Any chance to support Joysticks, Throttles, Racing Wheels, etc. in the near future? When will Paper2D resume Development?
                  As a big simulation game fan I would love to get better support for flight controllers and racing wheels at some point. We have no immediate plans to work on this, however I've seen some community-made plugins that looked quite good!

--Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Crow87 View Post
                    Now that baked lightmaps/lighting scenarios are more like assets - is there any functionality currently in-engine (or in the works) to interpolate/blend between the different lighting setups? I'm thinking along the lines of a precomputed day/night cycle.
                    I can see how this will be a popular request. But there's no plan for it yet.

The feature is currently designed to be use when loading up a level, or during an intermission within the level where the user wouldn't notice the transition. The main benefit is to save your designers time by avoiding having to create duplicate copies of a level just for the sake of lighting variation.

--Mike

Comment

Originally posted by DarkVeil View Post
                      As a big simulation game fan I would love to get better support for flight controllers and racing wheels at some point. We have no immediate plans to work on this, however I've seen some community-made plugins that looked quite good!
                      Actually, good news. The Framework team just submitted a new Raw Input plugin that allows you to receive events from steering wheels, flightsticks, and other non-XInput supported devices. The Vehicle Game sample was updated to support a Logitech steering wheel, as an example. This should be available in the 4.15 release.

--Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X