4.13 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Added GoogleVR (Cardboard) support for iOS, updated SDK.
    How will this work with controllers? This automatically adds support for MFi controlles?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    4.13.2 Is not opening on two Windows 10 machines after some new Windows Updates (4.14 opens fine). Am I alone in this?

Event Viewer says:
    Faulting application name: UE4Editor.exe, version: 4.13.2.0, time stamp: 0x580e5391
    Faulting module name: UE4Editor-Core.dll, version: 4.13.2.0, time stamp: 0x580e518c
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000016a2a0
    Faulting process id: 0x26ac
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2401c98305069
    Faulting application path: R:\Epic Games\4.13\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe
    Faulting module path: R:\Epic Games\4.13\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Core.dll
    Report Id: b9f8fb4e-710f-45ef-9210-e7a627ac4688
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    and
    Fault bucket 120607226121, type 4
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: UE4Editor.exe
    P2: 4.13.2.0
    P3: 580e5391
    P4: UE4Editor-Core.dll
    P5: 4.13.2.0
    P6: 580e518c
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 000000000016a2a0
    P9:
    P10:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi LethalLotus and DRob,

I just wanted to provide an update for you, and anyone else who may have run into this issue with preview versions of Windows 10. We believe we have corrected what was causing the issue with the preview version of Windows 10, and we plan to include the fix in the next version of the Engine.

Tim

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LethalLotus View Post
    Looks like the new 4.13.2 broke alot of stuff. Can't use any of the editor menu items like File>Open. Edit or Window. Epic should really worry about getting a stable release going before adding newer versions, now we lose a day or more waiting on Epic to apply another update to fix these issues. Also UMG adding image and trying to chose image source only brings up Save as and no longer shows select image/material dropdown.

EDIT: It appears to be an issue with the newest Windows 10 update. Rolled back to previous Windows 10 build and now Editor is working properly.
    I have the exact same problem. Unfortunately i can not roll back to a previous Windows Version. Anyone have the same problem and an idea how to fix maybe ?

EDIT: I managed to switch back.
    I can confirm that the latest prerelease build (insider Preview) of Windows 10 (build 14955) breaks almost every thing in UE4. Menu's don't open. Cameraspeed can't changed. (almost every "selectbox" does not work)
    Last edited by DRob; 10-30-2016, 01:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like the new 4.13.2 broke alot of stuff. Can't use any of the editor menu items like File>Open. Edit or Window. Epic should really worry about getting a stable release going before adding newer versions, now we lose a day or more waiting on Epic to apply another update to fix these issues. Also UMG adding image and trying to chose image source only brings up Save as and no longer shows select image/material dropdown.

EDIT: It appears to be an issue with the newest Windows 10 update. Rolled back to previous Windows 10 build and now Editor is working properly.
    Last edited by LethalLotus; 10-26-2016, 02:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EchoHeadMatt View Post
    Yikes. Can I regress to 4.13.1 somehow? Some of my materials aren't rendering correctly. Just simple text renders in 3D are dark now. And some dynamic lights are blooming off the charts for some reason.
    Hi EchoHeadMatt,

If you are experiencing an error with 4.13.2, please post to the bug reports section of the answerhub (link in signature) so we can assist you more in depth.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yikes. Can I regress to 4.13.1 somehow? Some of my materials aren't rendering correctly. Just simple text renders in 3D are dark now. And some dynamic lights are blooming off the charts for some reason.
    Last edited by EchoHeadMatt; 10-26-2016, 01:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What about UE-36903 ? It basically makes 4.13 unusable for GearVR projects.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glad to hear that UE-36573 is fixed! Thanks Stephen!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello! When you fix th WebBrouser widget? Bug with custom cursors. I wait for this from 4.12.1 -_-

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UPDATE!

The 4.13.2 Hotfix is now live! This hotfix resolves 3 critical issues with the 4.13 release.

If you experience a bug with the 4.13.2 Hotfix, please remember to log a bug report on the UE4 AnswerHub. (How to Report a Bug)

Fixed in 4.13.2

Fixed! UE-37704 Crash opening packaged project on iOS
    Fixed! UE-37249 MallocPoisonProxy can result in a memory stomp for aligned allocations in Debug and Development
    Fixed! UE-36573 Need to update to libpng for Android; current one triggers security alert on Google Play

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seems to be some issues with particle effects with collision:
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...nt-in-413.html

I am experiencing the same issues as op. ^

update: I've posted an answer with a possible solution
    Last edited by MADHOUSE; 10-28-2016, 03:52 AM. Reason: update

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For Android developers on 4.13.1, we have released a QFE to update libpng. If needed, download information is available here. https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Fix-Solutions

Leave a comment:

• replied
    4.13.1 have been working great. Only problems I have is that when saving level (especially root level with sublevel). I get randomly crash. And when duplicating actors that have instance components, I get usually crash. The blueprint is very simple but somehow havent managed to reproduce the isssue in clean project. But doing more testing soon and posting bug reports. Didnt have these crashes in 4.12 and earlier.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    with all due respect to Epic, I still have to say that:
    without quality & stability in a release, an engine version can become almost useless to probably 90 plus percent of the people that are actually trying to use the engine.

we rely on you Epic for this, in deepest admiration of what all of you at Epic are trying to do, it still comes down to the fact that most of the independent developers are relying on you to release a stable useable version of the engine for us to use in our games, giving us the ability to deploy production quality releases of our game.
    the majority of us just don't have the knowledge or the 'know how' to fix the engine issues ourselves, much less the time or manpower.

we need stable releases that are useable without the need for fixes or work-a-rounds.
    all the new cutting edge features are great but become useless if we can't actually use them.
    Last edited by ayretek; 10-15-2016, 06:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X