Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.13 Released!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by CriErr View Post
    Guys, is something wrong with my editor settings or in 4.13 when you press enter to accept changes to text (lets say blueprint function description) its add nextline instead, previously (and in all software) it was shift + enter.
    Hey CriErr,

    Thank you or bringing this to our attention. I have reproduced this issue and logged a report for it here https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-35806. You can track the report's status as the issue is reviewed by our development staff.

    Cheers

    Doug
    Last edited by Doug E; 09-09-2016, 01:56 PM.

    Comment


      UE4.13 show issue from texture streaming pool over, but when i run both UE4 Editot from 12.5 and 13 version. Only UE4.13 issue from texture streaming pool over .

      https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...pool-over.html

      Comment


        Originally posted by MrMrC View Post
        Potential bug. Open project in 4.13. Click landscape. Select landscape tool. Click Paint Icon -> Immediate crash of project.

        Is this a known issue? I remember seeing this is previews but thought it was fixed?

        C
        Same thing here and it's driving me nuts... It's a project created in 4.12.5. There is some landscape actors with 4 materials each. When I enter Landscape mode and go to Paint I get instant crash. It works fine in 4.12.5
        Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
        Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

        Comment


          Why is there no VR C++ template? Seriously...

          Comment


            Originally posted by minderaser View Post
            Why is there no VR C++ template? Seriously...
            According to the release notes for 4.13 this is coming in a later release - "A C++ version of this template will follow in a future update". Not sure if that means it will be in the 4.13 cycle though. I'd like the C++ version too.

            Comment


              Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
              Same thing here and it's driving me nuts... It's a project created in 4.12.5. There is some landscape actors with 4 materials each. When I enter Landscape mode and go to Paint I get instant crash. It works fine in 4.12.5

              Did you install Substance? Went away for me when I installed substance in 4.13.

              Comment


                Originally posted by MrMrC View Post
                Did you install Substance? Went away for me when I installed substance in 4.13.
                That's odd... Did you create your landscape materials with Substance? I don't use Substance, but I've just installed it here just in case and it's still crashing...

                It looks like it's something related to the materials because when I try to use Paint mode for the first time after converting the scene from 4.12.5 to 4.13 it starts compiling a bunch of materials before crashing. After that, if I open the same file and try to enter Paint mode again, it'll crash right away.
                Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
                Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

                Comment


                  It seems there is a bug in 4.13 with array filtering using actor tags in BP https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ags-in-bp.html

                  Comment


                    I am getting a weird error when creating an empty project with specific name.. any one any idea ?

                    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ic-projec.html

                    Comment


                      In the VR template I don't see a visualization of the chaperone bounds when teleporting... I see pictures and video where this is enabled and working, but it does not on my machine. Is this something I have to enable manually? I can't seem to find any option for it.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
                        That's odd... Did you create your landscape materials with Substance? I don't use Substance, but I've just installed it here just in case and it's still crashing...

                        It looks like it's something related to the materials because when I try to use Paint mode for the first time after converting the scene from 4.12.5 to 4.13 it starts compiling a bunch of materials before crashing. After that, if I open the same file and try to enter Paint mode again, it'll crash right away.
                        Hi rabellogp.

                        Can you please log a bug report on the UE4 Answerhub for the landscape paint-mode crash? Any information you can provide will help to narrow down the issue and potentially lead to a solution, such as reproduction steps, log files, and your system specs.

                        Thanks
                        Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                          Hi rabellogp.

                          Can you please log a bug report on the UE4 Answerhub for the landscape paint-mode crash? Any information you can provide will help to narrow down the issue and potentially lead to a solution, such as reproduction steps, log files, and your system specs.

                          Thanks
                          After some hours testing variables I've found that the Editor will crash if you enter Paint mode under the following circunstances:

                          • The selected landscape has a material with Blend Mode set to Masked and a Landscape Visibility Mask node plugged into Opacity Mask.
                          • DBuffer Decals is turned on in Engine Rendering properties

                            link for the bug report: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...tor-crash.html
                          Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
                          Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
                            After some hours testing variables I've found that the Editor will crash if you enter Paint mode under the following circunstances:

                            • The selected landscape has a material with Blend Mode set to Masked and a Landscape Visibility Mask node plugged into Opacity Mask.
                            • DBuffer Decals is turned on in Engine Rendering properties

                              link for the bug report: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...tor-crash.html
                            I appreciate the in-depth investigation. According to our engineer you seem to be experiencing this issue (below) which should be resolved in the upcoming hotfix.

                            https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-35850

                            Cheers
                            Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

                            Comment


                              Stephen, any word on the constraint drive bug I posted above? The answer hub post is here and it's been added to the issue tracker. But it's marked as targeted for 4.14 fix. I can't really understand this. Use of physics motors in code has been fundamentally broken as a result of simple to fix errors introduced in a refactor (there wasn't even any new functionality added). I just want to confirm that you guys are fully aware of this, as to me it's surprising that this would not be something high on the list of things to address in the next hotfix.

                              Comment


                                > 4.12: New: TMap as Unreal Properties
                                > 4.13: New: TSets as Unreal Properties

                                Now I expect seeing delegates in Blueprints in 4.14 ))

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X