Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.13 Preview

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How to use mesh decals? I cant find it.

    Comment


      Will there be a CPP version of the VR Template? I have trouble rewriting it, I'm quite new to Unreal

      Comment


        Do SceneCaptureComponents have now a near clip setting?

        Comment


          Awesome Stuff! I love the new alembic importer!!! Here is a quick demo rendered from ue4.
          I still have some issues like scaling and of course performance - but it really works great!

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylpfbVpJQk

          Keep up the good work!

          Comment


            Originally posted by issam1975 View Post
            hi,

            can we expect contact shadows in the next preview or something like ?

            thanks for the great job !
            I'm wondering about this too.

            Also, what are mesh decals? I know skeletal meshes don't play nicely with decals currently, is that related?

            EDIT: And is there a chance of the tessellation fix getting added in the next preview?
            Last edited by Wilkes; 08-09-2016, 06:57 PM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by iniside View Post
              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-From-Epic-HQ

              Anything from it, made it way to 4.13 ?
              wait that stuff isn't in yet?
              Follow me on Twitter!
              Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
              Localized IBL for UE4

              Comment


                Originally posted by Molt View Post
                I've had a quick play and it looks good.

                Tried playing back 4k h264, including a short 60fps sample and a longer stitched 360 piece, and it's worked fine on my 980ti. Need to try it on more hardware and with more videos (and better audio testing) but happy so far. Major improvement.
                Hi,i did simple test today,and i still can not play 4k in 4.13p1 ,first i downloaded a 4k sample of SONY,false.Then i encode it to H264 4k,false,in the last test i encode it to H264 1080p,it works.Any thing wrong in my test?could you please tell me what you did?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by 刘鲲 View Post
                  Hi,i did simple test today,and i still can not play 4k in 4.13p1 ,first i downloaded a 4k sample of SONY,false.Then i encode it to H264 4k,false,in the last test i encode it to H264 1080p,it works.Any thing wrong in my test?could you please tell me what you did?
                  The first clip I used was the 60fps 4k version of the Big Buck Bunny test footage from http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net/download.html (Standard 2d version), and imported that as-is without any problem. I then grabbed longer segments (Both 4k and HD) from our internal content repos and they just worked.

                  I'll see to getting my simple demo scene zipped up and put somewhere so people can have a look at it, and write exactly what I did.

                  Comment


                    Wait, Forward Rendering? Yay!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Molt View Post
                      The first clip I used was the 60fps 4k version of the Big Buck Bunny test footage from http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net/download.html (Standard 2d version), and imported that as-is without any problem. I then grabbed longer segments (Both 4k and HD) from our internal content repos and they just worked.

                      I'll see to getting my simple demo scene zipped up and put somewhere so people can have a look at it, and write exactly what I did.
                      That's wonderful,please post here,thank you!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Lucas-san View Post
                        Wait, Forward Rendering? Yay!
                        Still super early. Don't expect things to work exactly right this go. I think Daniel posted a bunch of info earlier in this thread with what it doesn't work with currently and that the target is 4.14.
                        Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                        UE4 Documentation

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
                          Still super early. Don't expect things to work exactly right this go. I think Daniel posted a bunch of info earlier in this thread with what it doesn't work with currently and that the target is 4.14.
                          Hey Mr Hobson, do you know of any news regarding Volumetric Lighting/Fog?

                          Cheers!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by hippowombat View Post
                            Hey Mr Hobson, do you know of any news regarding Volumetric Lighting/Fog?

                            Cheers!
                            Only that Daniel said it was put on hold because of forward rendering being implemented, which I think was in the same post he made about forward rendering.

                            I'm looking forward to it when it's put in as well, but I don't really know much more than that.
                            Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                            UE4 Documentation

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Molt View Post
                              The first clip I used was the 60fps 4k version of the Big Buck Bunny test footage from http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net/download.html (Standard 2d version), and imported that as-is without any problem. I then grabbed longer segments (Both 4k and HD) from our internal content repos and they just worked.

                              I'll see to getting my simple demo scene zipped up and put somewhere so people can have a look at it, and write exactly what I did.
                              I think i found the reason,I'm Win7 User,It said i can't Decode media over 1920x1088 by Windows Media Player,sad...
                              https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...or=-2147217396

                              Comment


                                Great stuff.
                                What I have been wanting from a long time is the ability to change android screen orientation with blueprints. So that you can control switch between portrait and landscape.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X