Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does this release come with the new content examples?

Comment

Originally posted by CHADALAK1 View Post
      I would if I had a mac to work with . Sorry jojo. Hopefully someone on here can test it.
      Ok thanks

Comment

Can we please get detailed information from DanielW on the new drawMaterialtoRenderTarget stuff? he had an awesome tweet showing a 2d puddle wave sim. Are there going to be docs on this?
        Visual Effects Artist, Weta Digital, Wellington New Zealand
        BLOG www.danielelliott.co.uk
        @danielelliott3d https://twitter.com/danielelliott3d
        Unreal Engine and VFX Tutorials https://www.youtube.com/user/DokipenTechTutorials
        2015 Showreel: https://vimeo.com/116917817

Comment

Pitch input stops working when deploying to Google Cardboard, then disabling "Enable HMD".

Hope this can be fixed as it's a blocker for VR with non VR fallback!
          Last edited by JamesMugford; 08-04-2016, 10:30 AM. Reason: Updated issue

Comment

Alembic Import... Thanks Epic Team!

Comment

Is the ability to render out alpha passed for cinematics included? Found a thread that, well, last comment was that it would be out in 4.13
              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...for-cinematics

Comment

Originally posted by MetricZero View Post
                Dunno where I'd request a feature, but more than anything I'd love for a more simple way to create non-euclidean levels (infinite hallways, hallways that circle back on themselves, rooms bigger on the inside, seamless portal doors, etc.)
                You can do that know fairly easily, just use level streaming / portals.

VR Template, yay!
                WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Landscape Updates:

Optimization of Landscape Material Shader permutations
                  Landscape Tessellation Performance Improvements
                  I just tried with my landscape Material imported from 4.12.5 , everytime editor crashed

Comment

Does this preview have the Mac Retina/Windows High density support in it? I checked the settings but didn't see any kind of setting. The editor fonts and other UI elements are still very blurry so it's not something that looks like it's already enabled.

Also still very disappointed to see the context menu search issue on macOS doesn't appear to be working still. (UE-29885). Unreal Editor went through all of 4.12, including the previews with this issue and looks like still no fix for a major usability problem on macOS.

Comment

Thanks for your greate work!
                      I see the mobile update:Custom Post-Process material support

How can I enable post-process material effects for mobile?Thanks! [MENTION=9]Stephen Ellis[/MENTION]
                      Last edited by hls333555; 08-04-2016, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                        PREVIEW![*]Landscape Updates:
                        • Optimization of Landscape Material Shader permutations
                        • Landscape Tessellation Performance Improvements
                        https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-14253

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ellation-Issue

If it's not solved does that mean there are only minor improvements in 4.13? or the ticket is simply not updated to "Solved" ?

Can you clarify please?

Thanks!
                        Artstation
                        Join the support channel
                        Gumroad Store

Comment

What does "landscape tessellation performance improvements" mean? Does it mean that areas with a tessellation multiplier of 0 won't incur any tessellation cost?
                          [Submitted] Advanced Data Validation

Comment

Good job Epic Team

Comment

How come volumetric light / fog have been ignored / pushed back again? The one ticket with the single most votes in rendering which was scheduled for July.... ._. really sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Slavq View Post
                                I'm hyped, as always!
                                Can we get some info about these mysteries?
                                The PhysicalAnimationComponent is a much improved interface for using animation output to drive physics bodies. It takes the animation data and works out what forces and torques to apply to the PhysicsAsset on a SkeletalMesh to try and match that anim. You can choose whether those forces are applied relative to the component or to the parent body. This combines with the new 'Physics Profiles' feature of PhysicsAssets to let you do a lot more with physical animation such as hit reactions, partial ragdoll etc.

The PoseDrive node is a way to implement things like a Pose Space Deformer (PSD). You author a set of poses for a bone, and the corresponding blend shape weights for each pose. You import that as a PoseAsset (also new in 4.13) and associate that with the PoseDriver node. Then as the bone approaches each pose, we activate the curve weights associated with that pose. To do this we use what is called an RBF (Radial Basis Function, a gaussian in this case). You can probably find a lot more about PSDs and RBFs by googling! It is quite a common technique in visual fx, and increasingly of interest to game developers.

Hope that helps!
                                Lead Programmer - UE4 Animation/Physics/Audio Team - Epic Games
                                Twitter: @EpicJamesG

Comment

Working...
                                X