This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment bubble bugs fixed?

I'm new to Unreal and have 4.12.5 installed. I've been noticing a lot of my comment bubbles getting deleted for no reason while working in the Blueprint graph. For example, inside a Character BP event graph, I have the EventActorBeginOverlap node connected to a CastTo(character) node. The character pin from the Cast To node is promoted as a variable. I had a comment bubble on both the CastTo and the promoted variable. Once I renamed the variable, the contents of both comment bubbles were deleted. I pasted the comments back in to both. Then I added a Custom Event (not connected to anything). Wham! The comment bubbles again went blank. This makes comment bubbles very unreliable for taking notes during tutorials. I'm wondering if this will be (or has already been) fixed in the upcoming release? Thanks!

~Adam

Comment

great to see progress being made with the much needed deferred mesh decal material! been looking forward to that feature for over a year now! Up until now I was using hovering geometry with masked blend mode and projected the underlying uvs/vcol in max to blend details in. Mesh Decals theoretically should make that workflow obsolete but currently there are limitations that prevent me from switching over:

> Bump Offset not being supported atm (really useful and efficient as it only occurs in tiny masked spaces and thus only alters ps cost in a fraction of the screen space http://imgur.com/a/oRBw1
      > Blending is very limited for something like color as it just replaces the underlying color with the defined opacity value. It would be great to have the opportunity instead of replacing the underlying color to use something like additive to modulate the base color or roughness while using the opacity mask to define the overall blend weighting in general

Would be great to know if there were any changes planned to the current implementation of this feature.

cheers!
      Last edited by akaChrisV; 08-22-2016, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
        What does "landscape tessellation performance improvements" mean? Does it mean that areas with a tessellation multiplier of 0 won't incur any tessellation cost?
        The landscape is broken into multiple lod levels with different vertex densities. It dynamically changes as you move. This new change turns off tessellation on all outer LOD levels (distant mountains, mid range stuff) so that it is like you have a tessellation multiplier of 0 out there with no performance cost.

An actual zero multiplier in the material still has a performance cost in the area where tessellation is still turned on (the nearest LOD).

Comment

Originally posted by muchcharles View Post
          An actual zero multiplier in the material still has a performance cost in the area where tessellation is still turned on (the nearest LOD).
          Yeah and this is a huge issue for my setup.

Comment

Originally posted by muchcharles View Post
            An actual zero multiplier in the material still has a performance cost...
            The cost is too big it makes turning tessellation "ON" a pointless act...
            Artstation
            Join the support channel
            Gumroad Store

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
              The cost is too big it makes turning tessellation "ON" a pointless act...
              It seemed usable for me. I'm able to use pn-triangles even now to smooth out the triangulation on steep craggy areas. I tested with Affordable Landscapes.

Are you not getting a boost with 4.13?

I'm going to try converting your Mesas landscape material to use tesselation; the pixel shader cost of POM was killing that one for me before (for VR).

Comment

How long until the release of UE 4.13? My project is not able to open with UE 4.12.5 due to this error: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-32774

Thanks

http://indiannoob.in/vision-worlds-f...exclusive-now/
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzmZFcsALeg

Comment

I've noticed a performance regression when working with blueprints from the first 4.13 Preview - they often freeze for 5-10 seconds (after e.g. just clicking anywhere, seems random) - is it only me? I can't find any info if this is a known issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Slavq View Post
                    I've noticed a performance regression when working with blueprints from the first 4.13 Preview - they often freeze for 5-10 seconds (after e.g. just clicking anywhere, seems random) - is it only me? I can't find any info if this is a known issue.
                    I have similar issue in 4.12.5, not only in BP, but anywhere really

Comment

Any progress on UE-24249? This broke in 4.10, still broken. Atm its a choice between having clipping particles and shadowed particles.

Comment

I've noticed also a performance regression when sculpting Landscape they often freeze for 5-10 seconds !??

Comment

Good to hear that I'm not alone with the freezes and performance regression.
                          I just had a ~30 seconds long freeze in blueprint editor and I even didn't click anything... + Some info, in my case when it 'unfreezes', the 'loading' circle shows up next to my cursor (win 10) for a couple of seconds.

Comment

I'm having freezes also, but they are not specific to 4.13. It has been happening since 4.12.5.

Comment

I've noticed also a performance regression when sculpting Landscape they often freeze for 5-10 seconds !??
                              The same here. brush action gets very jerky...

Comment

Unable to save the map if you drop in a Blueprint Actor with a ProceduralMeshComponent inside it, work fine with a C++ Actor or a Blueprint child of C++ Actor.
                                https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ctor-that.html
                                Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

Working...
                                X