This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deathrey View Post
    Thanks for your response, Tim. Could you potentially allocate someone to take an in-depth look at this, because not only the fix does not address the issue, linked to the corresponding tracking number, its "tessellate the landscape only for the highest landscape LOD" part could potentially be usability regression. All relevant links are present in Community References sections on the issue tracker page, including forum thread where it is discussed. Thanks in advance.
    Best option at the moment is respond on the already opened ticket you have for AnswerHub and let the our support staff continue the investigation there. I see you did respond back to Andrew in your post you do have.
    Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
    UE4 Documentation
    Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerskb View Post
      Based on your example i don't see the difference.
      Its like people saying Epic should implement VXAO when DFAO is exactly the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmbrnbpHT9E
      Aren't the same at all one is voxel based the other no, anyway the people request mainly for GI solutions rather than AO, from what I see in the forum
      Last edited by Hevedy; 08-19-2016, 03:32 PM.
      Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
      Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
        Aren't the same at all one is voxel based the other no, anyway the people request mainly for GI solutions rather than AO, from what I see in the forum
        i'm well aware of that. I'm referring to the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerskb View Post
          i'm well aware of that. I'm referring to the results.
          DFAO is messed up on scaled meshes, is not capable of casting AO from skeletal meshes, has extreme ghosting when it comes to movable stuff. VXAO does its job for all meshes, and it does it more accurately, with no ghosting.

And quality of VXAO appears to be much better for interiors

Spoiler
          Last edited by Ichijo_Norifusa; 08-20-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijo_Norifusa View Post
            DFAO is messed up on scaled meshes, is not capable of casting AO from skeletal meshes, has extreme ghosting when it comes to movable stuff. VXAO does its job for all meshes, and it does it more accurately, with no ghosting.

And quality of VXAO appears to be much better for interiors

Spoiler
            i'm sorry but there are alot of things that need to be shadowed in that vxao picture that are not shadowed.
            If you want to do a real comparison, use the same scene. VXAO is available in UE4 through github.
            Fire it up and compare scenes with DFAO.

lastly the cost difference is night and day. DFAO actually runs on consoles.
            VXAO? not even close. The most powerful graphic card can barely handle it.
            Just like with any nvidia technology, bloated inorder to prop demand for the latest and greatest graphic card.

Is this what you want? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn_aZYUi2xs

10fps difference for minor improvement?
            Last edited by Bladerskb; 08-20-2016, 12:52 PM.

Comment

UE4.13 Preview 2 - Error from Material if you combine the Metallic and Emissive Color the preview automatic white?

Note: Bug Report - UE4 Answerhub they are not answer, i have a lot question but still useless to post . Maybe they are busy..But thanks for new release

Comment

Originally posted by Peude View Post
                UE4.13 Preview 2 - Error from Material if you combine the Metallic and Emissive Color the preview automatic white?

Note: Bug Report - UE4 Answerhub they are not answer, i have a lot question but still useless to post . Maybe they are busy..But thanks for new release
                Hi Peude,

Can you link me to the post you put on the answerhub? Did you make sure to post it in the Bug Reports section?
                Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Visual studio crash when debugging still not fixed ?

Comment

Issues with my Blender-Alembic-Unreal workflow:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ic-Unreal-4-13

Comment

I already done.. but i hope someone reply and not ignore my Question thanks

One more, when i try to rename folder the result: the file transfer to new folder and leave the old folder or its just move the file to new folder created.
                      Legend:
                      FFF - old folder name.
                      Fsub - subfolder
                      material_file - file inside the folder
                      F - new folder name

Example:
                      FFF(Fsub + material_file) === after renaming the folder ===>>> F(Fsub + material_file) + FFF(Fsub)
                      Last edited by Peude; 08-21-2016, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Can you try right-clicking the folder and selecting "Fix-up redirectors"? When moving files, other things (such as Actors, Blueprints etc.) might still reference your asset, so a redirector (think: a link or shortcut) is kept in the old place.

Comment

Will there be a C++ Virtual Reality Template in the 4.13 Release?
                          Portfolio/Tutorials: http://chadreddick.com

Comment

Originally posted by Quantum Theory View Post
                            Has anyone gotten mesh decals working and can post a quick how-to?
                            all you need to do is make a material with domain set to Deferred Decal and adjust accordingly

maybe I had a bit of a bigger expectation out of this feature, but for me the Mesh Decals feel just like another translucency mode. Sure it's better to blend with the details under it and it's probably cheaper (since decals are "free"), but I thought it would behave like a Decal in terms of projecting into the underlying geometry.

[MENTION=987]DarkVeil[/MENTION]: I guess this feature was not intended for that?
                            I actually wanted to use it onto a SplineMeshActor in an attempt to have spline decals

PS. if I apply a Decal material to a SplineMeshActor it crashes unless I manually enable 'used with Spline Meshes' first in the material
                            Follow me on Twitter!
                            Developer of Elium - Prison Escape

Comment

Can the new BP rendertarget stuff be used to render a mesh?
                              Does this already exist in C++, Or is this new?
                              Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Frames Per Second is NOT a proper performance metric, You should use frame time. You can read this or this as to why.
                              (Profiling) Tools: RenderDoc (UE4 Plugin), NVIDIA nSight, AMD GPU PerfStudio, CodeXL
                              Good articles/Series: A trip through the Graphics Pipeline 2011

Comment

Mac Metal Shader Model 5 has initial support. ... High quality dynamic exposure (a.k.a. Eye Adaptation)
                                Last edited by ruguevara; 08-22-2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X