No announcement yet.

4.11 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting insta-crash when trying to open one AI character blueprint. Also if the same blueprint is spawned during playing. I can add it in editor and 3d model and settings look right. But getting crash everytime if trying to open the blueprint. Another AI character allows to open blueprint and having it placed in editor, but spawning during play also cause freeze. Else my project map load correct in editor.

If having those crashing AI blueprints placed in editor, I can start play. After 1-2sec playing getting crash. MachineId F87B756443F95CE9986941A672FE5264, but not getting any visible code in crash reporter.
    Here is dump files. https://www.dropbox.com/s/k23rp69h51...hDump.zip?dl=0

Getting this message in log everytime
    [2016.04.01-20.43.36:752][452]LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
    Assertion failed: AllEnabledTickFunctions.Remove(TickFunction) == 1 [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\TickTaskManager.cpp] [Line: 811]
    [2016.04.01-20.43.36:791][452]LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError

Edit: Will make ticket too.

Comment

Found out that 4.11 save about 20% gpu and 10% cpu time. Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalle_H View Post
        Found out that 4.11 save about 20% gpu and 10% cpu time. Nice work.
        On mobile too ?

Comment

Originally posted by SaOk View Post
          Getting insta-crash when trying to open one AI character blueprint. Also if the same blueprint is spawned during playing. I can add it in editor and 3d model and settings look right. But getting crash everytime if trying to open the blueprint. Another AI character allows to open blueprint and having it placed in editor, but spawning during play also cause freeze. Else my project map load correct in editor.

If having those crashing AI blueprints placed in editor, I can start play. After 1-2sec playing getting crash. MachineId F87B756443F95CE9986941A672FE5264, but not getting any visible code in crash reporter.

Assertion failed: AllEnabledTickFunctions.Remove(TickFunction) == 1 [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\TickTaskManager.cpp] [Line: 811]

I had a similar issue too, insta crashing when trying to open a character blueprint (not AI) and anything with reference to that blueprint. That includes gamemodes, game instances etc and the 4.11 project crashed upon load.
          Took me between 2-3 hours to find out what's the cause + fix it (luckily just deleting these in 4.10 then converting to 4.11 worked. Plus I wasn't using the characters anyway). I had some issues when converting from 4.9 to 4.10 so maybe that's where it originated for me.

But I must say it was really worth the time spent to update to 4.11!

Comment

Originally posted by SaOk View Post

Yeah I have that same exact crash.
            Bacon Man : An Adventure (UE4)

Comment

Originally posted by hcenteno View Post
              Does anyone know if there's a list somewhere of rendering features that don't work with Instanced Stereo turned on? I can see that the new features list mentions "there are a handful that are not supported yet (DFAO, for example.)" but it would be good to have a comprehensive list to plan project development or project upgrading.

Cheers and thank you for your impressive work!
              Sorry about that. I wrote that bit about DFAO, etc, because I know there are a few higher end features that we postponed until later, but I could only remember that one while assembling the release notes. I asked the VR team to respond with more detailed info.

Comment

Originally posted by Galeon View Post
                It looks like this was made for Paragon exclusively.
                This is a mistake not proposing some custom Hierarchical LOD for all that does not rely on Simplygon.
                There are improvements to the HLOD system across the board, but we'll try to better in the future to summarize what's available to everyone versus unique to developers with a Simplygon license. I've asked the team to elaborate more, stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightasy View Post
                  Just to clarify.

Are we allowed to use the new hair and eye shaders in marketplace content submissions for character models?
                  Of course! Just remember to set the minimum supported version appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by CKong View Post
                    Will there be any version in the near futures that include the ability to build/ bake lighting for objects separately, like the ability to bake lighting separately in Unity? My scene take at least 1 hours to build, and it is quite a killer for my motivation.
                    you might making your level with layers, i'm going to try that cuz i had the same problems... i believe in layers you can bake each layer separately...

EDIT: layers didn't work for some reason... but levels did
                    Last edited by northstar; 04-02-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Darnell View Post
                      The default value was changed from true to false, as we found doing Paragon that's a better default. More often that not your user control isn't what you want to be focusable. Sometimes it is, but more often than not you're just making containers for other focusable elements.

Just use bIsFocusable now. The only way to change a default value in unreal safely is to deprecate the old property and make a new one, and transfer old values to the new one from the older versions, otherwise you overwrite everyone's old default which they may have been using.
                      Ah, thanks alot for clearing that up. Great work on the latest release, cheers!

Comment

I just downloaded version 11. The new features are excellent but I am running into what appears to be a bug when I go into full screen on my 1920 x 1080 monitor. A "light" boarder creeps in around the left and top of the screen when in full screen (only happens when in full 1920 x 1080 full screen). Strong lens flare like effects also get stuck on the screen. When I go out of full screen and then back to full screen it goes back to normal but within 10 seconds or so of walking around the effects creep in until it is extremely noticeable. The pic attached lighting isn't built but the same thing happens when lighting is built as well. I tested on 2 maps with same effect. This appears to have been adopted with version 11. Check link to image below, notice the border on left and top of pic. Also all the extreme lighting is not how that normally looks, that light gets stuck to the screen and doesn't go away...as time goes on more and more light gets stuck to the screen. Going out of full screen and back in clears the glitch but in 10 seconds or so it all creeps back in. Anyone else get this?

http://www.melodyshare.com/images/unrealengine11bug.png

Comment

The content examples are nice, but please, give us a documentation page for the new shading models... the examples, with all those wires, are not actually easy to understand (it is very useful to copy and use it directly if applicable, though).

Comment

Originally posted by Allenheathx View Post
                            I just downloaded version 11. The new features are excellent but I am running into what appears to be a bug when I go into full screen on my 1920 x 1080 monitor. A "light" boarder creeps in around the left and top of the screen when in full screen (only happens when in full 1920 x 1080 full screen). Strong lens flare like effects also get stuck on the screen. When I go out of full screen and then back to full screen it goes back to normal but within 10 seconds or so of walking around the effects creep in until it is extremely noticeable. The pic attached lighting isn't built but the same thing happens when lighting is built as well. I tested on 2 maps with same effect. This appears to have been adopted with version 11. Check link to image below, notice the border on left and top of pic. Also all the extreme lighting is not how that normally looks, that light gets stuck to the screen and doesn't go away...as time goes on more and more light gets stuck to the screen. Going out of full screen and back in clears the glitch but in 10 seconds or so it all creeps back in. Anyone else get this?

http://www.melodyshare.com/images/unrealengine11bug.png
                            +1 have the same problem, goes away when I do a an actual build and seems to only happen in editor when F11 fullscreen (Win7 64 with AMD hd7870)

Edit: Here is the answerhub link for this problem https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...edge-glow.html
                            Last edited by Ektophase; 04-05-2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Eye shader content example says that this special Static mesh need to be used. I noticed that there are some extra uv channels which probably store some special data. But what and how one could create it's own eye mesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Klexian View Post
                                I had a similar issue too, insta crashing when trying to open a character blueprint (not AI) and anything with reference to that blueprint. That includes gamemodes, game instances etc and the 4.11 project crashed upon load.
                                Took me between 2-3 hours to find out what's the cause + fix it (luckily just deleting these in 4.10 then converting to 4.11 worked. Plus I wasn't using the characters anyway). I had some issues when converting from 4.9 to 4.10 so maybe that's where it originated for me.

But I must say it was really worth the time spent to update to 4.11!
                                Thanks, good to know. I will recreate the crashing character blueprints, anyway those were waiting to be cleaned.

Comment

Working...
                                X