Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.11 Released!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    So, can some one please tell us if 3D spatialization now works on Gear VR ? (re: "Updated OVR Audio SDK")

    If not, can it be available with 4.11 hotfix or do we have to wait till 4.12 or there is no plans making it work on Gear VR ?

    Comment


      #77
      Does anyone know if there's a list somewhere of rendering features that don't work with Instanced Stereo turned on? I can see that the new features list mentions "there are a handful that are not supported yet (DFAO, for example.)" but it would be good to have a comprehensive list to plan project development or project upgrading.

      Cheers and thank you for your impressive work!

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
        can anyone update me on Flex & 4.11?
        Its coming, I am working on my merged branch for 4.11. See my signature for location (currently pointing to 4.9.2 will update once I have finished upgrading).
        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

        Comment


          #79
          Awesome release!
          Glad to see the Hierarchical LOD system taking shape. Sad that it still relies on Simplygon which doesn't even sell their SDK to smaller teams.

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
            Awesome release!
            Glad to see the Hierarchical LOD system taking shape. Sad that it still relies on Simplygon which doesn't even sell their SDK to smaller teams.
            Blender does good job decimating meshes, while preserving weights and UVs.

            MeshLab is very good for static meshes.

            InstantMeshes is good too.

            Comment


              #81
              Just to clarify.

              Are we allowed to use the new hair and eye shaders in marketplace content submissions for character models?

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by UnrealAbhi View Post
                Just a heads up for people updating to UE 4.11 release version. There are few annoying bugs i.e. if you start the game with bShowMouseCursor in PlayerController, after ejecting you can't move camera/actors, making possess/eject feature kind of unusable. And subclassing AWorldSettings will cause Hotreload to always crash . Thanks for a great update Epic. great to see lot of Paragon features making their way into 4.11
                Hey UnrealAbhi-

                I wanted to let you know that the hot reload crash with custom world setting class is a known issue that should be fixed in a future engine update.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                  Blender does good job decimating meshes, while preserving weights and UVs.

                  MeshLab is very good for static meshes.

                  InstantMeshes is good too.
                  Yeah I usually do it in Modo but I would love to be able to generate Hierarchical LODs in the engine. Saves a lot of time. We even used to be able to do it for free back in UDK since Simplygon didn't require an additional license back then, it came with the engine.

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
                    Awesome release!
                    Glad to see the Hierarchical LOD system taking shape. Sad that it still relies on Simplygon which doesn't even sell their SDK to smaller teams.
                    It looks like this was made for Paragon exclusively.
                    This is a mistake not proposing some custom Hierarchical LOD for all that does not rely on Simplygon.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
                      Yeah I usually do it in Modo but I would love to be able to generate Hierarchical LODs in the engine. Saves a lot of time. We even used to be able to do it for free back in UDK since Simplygon didn't require an additional license back then, it came with the engine.
                      True that. Isn't this something like what Simplygon used to do: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Static-Meshes ?

                      Comment


                        #86
                        I'm excited to try the new release, but I can't seem to get past a crashing bug regarding the leap plugin. I tried to disable the leap in 4.10 version I was using, but that doesn't make 4.11 ignore the leap. It crashes every time before finishing the load up.

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                          Content Examples for Hair, Eyes, and Cloth

                          Hi all, I've spotted a few people ask where the examples for the new Hair, Eye, and Cloth shaders are. Answers have been provided by others, but I want to try to highlight that here.
                          1. In the Epic Games Launcher, on the Unreal Engine tab, navigate to the Learn page.
                          2. Under 'Engine Feature Samples', download the Content Examples project for 4.11. Make and open a new project from it.
                          3. The Hair and Eye examples are located in the new Character_Rendering map
                          4. The Cloth shader is located in the existing Cloth map, where the existing materials have been updated.


                          Cheers!
                          Thank you very much! Wasnt there a new skin or something set up?
                          Last edited by kurylo3d; 04-01-2016, 04:08 PM.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            never mind, I was able to find it in the Engine/Plugins/Runtime directory. I removed Leap related folders and it started up for me.

                            Comment


                              #89
                              I have a question, why is bSupportsKeyboardFocus deprecated?
                              I see nothing about it in the patch notes, and no other information or nothing.

                              "Warning Set bSupportsKeyboardFocus is deprecated; please replace or remove it.
                              Warning Variable 'bSupportsKeyboardFocus' for Set bSupportsKeyboardFocus was deprecated. Please update it.
                              Warning [0221.88] Compile of MyCharacter successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 2,169 ms]"
                              ______________________________________________
                              https://www.facebook.com/madhousesoftware
                              Where sanity is a virtue

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by MADHOUSE View Post
                                I have a question, why is bSupportsKeyboardFocus deprecated?
                                I see nothing about it in the patch notes, and no other information or nothing.

                                "Warning Set bSupportsKeyboardFocus is deprecated; please replace or remove it.
                                Warning Variable 'bSupportsKeyboardFocus' for Set bSupportsKeyboardFocus was deprecated. Please update it.
                                Warning [0221.88] Compile of MyCharacter successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 2,169 ms]"
                                The default value was changed from true to false, as we found doing Paragon that's a better default. More often that not your user control isn't what you want to be focusable. Sometimes it is, but more often than not you're just making containers for other focusable elements.

                                Just use bIsFocusable now. The only way to change a default value in unreal safely is to deprecate the old property and make a new one, and transfer old values to the new one from the older versions, otherwise you overwrite everyone's old default which they may have been using.
                                Last edited by NickDarnell; 04-01-2016, 04:53 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X