4.11 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well... thanks for the upgrade.

but in my project, the character pawn started to pass through the ground/landscape object and fall down to infinity
    char is a copy of top down character, and current template is working correctly.

-- found the problem. my bad
    I had a collision disable node in a blueprint somewhere for the character.
    The interesting part is, this node created no problems on 4.10... strange.
    Last edited by emrahgunduz; 04-01-2016, 05:17 AM.

Comment

"New: Give access to SceneDepth in WorldPositionOffset"
      What this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
        I was looking for this as well thanks!
        | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
          Content Examples for Hair, Eyes, and Cloth

Hi all, I've spotted a few people ask where the examples for the new Hair, Eye, and Cloth shaders are. Answers have been provided by others, but I want to try to highlight that here.
          1. In the Epic Games Launcher, on the Unreal Engine tab, navigate to the Learn page.
          2. Under 'Engine Feature Samples', download the Content Examples project for 4.11. Make and open a new project from it.
          3. The Hair and Eye examples are located in the new Character_Rendering map
          4. The Cloth shader is located in the existing Cloth map, where the existing materials have been updated.

Cheers!

Hair shading example look quite bugged.

Comment

I checked post date, and it is NOT APRIL FOOLS.
            So many great things.
            Now i have serious existential problem: 4.11 or cpt. Morgan + coke tonight.

Comment

4.11 + cpt. Morgan + coke <3

Was just about to post "hope this aint no april fools jk maaan" ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Feng-Paul View Post
                After set show mouse cursor true,I can't get the MouseX and MouseY value
                see https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...se-events.html
                FinalCamera on Marketplace / Web Demo
                TopDown Toolkit on Marketplace / Web Demo

Comment

Wow the VR camera refactor is good stuff. With this it'll be so easy to use head movements to dodge incoming projectiles.

Comment

Thanks for the release. Cant wait to try it one substance and Rama's plugins get updated. So excited.

Comment

Will there be any version in the near futures that include the ability to build/ bake lighting for objects separately, like the ability to bake lighting separately in Unity? My scene take at least 1 hours to build, and it is quite a killer for my motivation.

Comment

Epic release is epic!

But are there any benefits upgrading from 4.10 to 4.11 for my Android project?

Comment

Hey UnrealAbhi-

Could you make a post on the AnswerHub (https://answers.unrealengine.com/index.html) about the AWorldSettings crash that you're getting? Please be sure to include as much information about the crash as possible include the callstack and any log files generated for the crash. Let us know once you have and include a link to the post and we will investigate further.

Cheers

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
                            Splitscreen mode looks pretty messed up in standalone mode but works fine in pie? Coming from 4.9 - 4.11

I also get this error and then it crashes after a short period of time

Assertion failed: AllEnabledTickFunctions.Remove(TickFunction) == 1 [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\TickTaskManager.cpp] [Line: 811]

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...lone-mode.html

To add to this, on a new project the issue doesn't happen. So it must be specific to my project somehow.
                            Bacon Man : An Adventure (UE4)

Comment

hmm.. emcc compile seems to be broken in this release. html5 export does not work. UE does not create the .emscripten (environment settings) file and does not accept the ones I create, tries to delete it.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...sing-file.html
                              Last edited by emrahgunduz; 04-01-2016, 09:28 AM.

Comment

can anyone update me on Flex & 4.11?

Comment

Working...
                                X