Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
    Content Examples for Hair, Eyes, and Cloth

Hi all, I've spotted a few people ask where the examples for the new Hair, Eye, and Cloth shaders are. Answers have been provided by others, but I want to try to highlight that here.
    1. In the Epic Games Launcher, on the Unreal Engine tab, navigate to the Learn page.
    2. Under 'Engine Feature Samples', download the Content Examples project for 4.11. Make and open a new project from it.
    3. The Hair and Eye examples are located in the new Character_Rendering map
    4. The Cloth shader is located in the existing Cloth map, where the existing materials have been updated.

Cheers!
    Awesome! Thanks!
    | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

Sexy as hell Content Examples, thank you!

Comment

Didn't notice those cloth examples, they look great! Now I just wish APEX worked with Blender...

Comment

Originally posted by Kalle_H View Post
          "Postprocessing

Look change might need retweaking of the materials"

Could we get some specifics about this?
          Looking at the notes in the CL this was a fix for ScreenSpaceSubsurfaceScattering artifacts.

This would explain the need to retweak materials to get the look you need.
          Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
          UE4 Documentation
          Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |

Comment

Super awesome update guys!

One weird issue I found is that all of my VR projects my character is now suddenly shorter. I am guessing this is due to the "VR HEAD MOUNTED DISPLAY CAMERA IMPROVEMENTS" Maybe I just need to add +Z to the camera when using a rift.

Comment

Originally posted by HaxO View Post
              Super awesome update guys!

One weird issue I found is that all of my VR projects my character is now suddenly shorter. I am guessing this is due to the "VR HEAD MOUNTED DISPLAY CAMERA IMPROVEMENTS" Maybe I just need to add +Z to the camera when using a rift.
              Sounds like this https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...tor/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                When you're right, you're right. And you Sir, are right.

Comment

Originally posted by es View Post
                  does 4.11 work with VS 2015 update 2 ?
                  There doesn't seem to be any problem there. No red message when I choose to create a C++ new project.

Comment

Awesome release, so many cool features for characters!!! Thanks a lot!
                    Last edited by Yura_s; 03-31-2016, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Another incredible release, huge thanks to all at Epic for the continued awesome work!
                      ARTSTATION: https://www.artstation.com/artist/noisestorm

Comment

Wow so much cool new stuff to get stuck in with!!
                        Great job guys and girls!

Comment

**** what a huge update, this isn't just a forum post, this is nearly a whole novel Anyways great work and congratulations on the release! Especially the new shaders and content examples for them are very helpful, so thanks for that.
                          Now i just wish i could see some more parts of Sparrow, it is always interesting to study AAA characters

Comment

Wow what an amazing update so much new stuff to learn and use!
                            Great job guys and girls!

Comment

so.. if I download the release from github it clearly says

>**Important**: The Release branch has unintentionally been overwritten with code from the 4.11 Previews, and is *not* currently the latest and stable release. Please use Tags to grab the latest 4.10 release for our most stable version. This message will be removed when this matter has been resolved.

im just confused :B, can we use 4.11 ?

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis
                              Hey this is Stephen. That note was removed from the ReadMe shortly after 4.11.0 released. If you reload the page you shouldn't be seeing it anymore. The GitHub "Release" branch is safe to use for 4.11 now. Cheers
                              Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 04-01-2016, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Can't install 4.11.0, getting "Missing System Requirements .Windows 7 Service Pack 1(SP1)(RQ-002)", but I am using windows 10.
                                Can any body help?
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X