No announcement yet.

4.11 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you see a GUID mismatch after saving assets in 4.11.2 and packaging for development in 4.11.1?

I have been getting that error, trying to figure out if that's it.

Comment

[HR]I don't know if is a bug but after 4.11.2 is impossible for me distribute my plugin without source code
      Last edited by ZioYuri78; 04-23-2016, 04:37 PM.
      Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

[MENTION=202600]Nodrak[/MENTION] I submitted a bug on AnswerHub for mouse click not responding in 4.11.2 if the nodes to set to UI, then back to GameOnly were used. I think that is related.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-input-ui.html

Comment

hello friends,
          did I miss something?
          I really can't find the physical camera features that have been featured at the GDC hellblade demo? stuff like focal length, focus picking and so on?
          Or is this not release yet? Do I have to enable something?

Best
          J

Comment

I have a item of clothing, that has APEX cloth set for it, I attach this to the main "person" character, and use set master pose on the clothing, if I enable cloth morph targets, then simulate or play the level the editor crashes.

I am doing this in the construction script of the character, I am casting the character reference to an animation instance, then using set morph target, is that the right way of doing it ?

It should be noted that the morphs are unique to the clothing, and don't appear in the person mesh.

If I remove the Apex cloth I can play the level, but morph targets are only showing in the character viewport window and not in the editor when you "play" the level.

Is anyone else having these issues or is it just me?
            Last edited by w_jones; 04-26-2016, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jwtrp View Post
              hello friends,
              did I miss something?
              I really can't find the physical camera features that have been featured at the GDC hellblade demo? stuff like focal length, focus picking and so on?
              Or is this not release yet? Do I have to enable something?

Best
              J
              These will be available for testing in our upcoming Preview of the 4.12 release. The Preview will be available soon.
              Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

What about this https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...til-fulfilled) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                  Hi Nodrak, can you please re-post this as an Answerhub bug report (follow the link in my signature), and our support staff will follow-up there. Thanks
                  Nodrak posted a answers post in regards to the mouse issues here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/410240/ue-28811-ue-29148-unresolved-in-4112.html

I am running into the same issues.

Comment

Originally posted by crumbaker
                    Another release, another broken game. I always freak out when this happens then delete my post, but from looking at all of this does anyone actually have a working game that was fine in 4.10 and is fine in 4.11?

I'm trying to make a vr game and this forces me to stay updated to the newest version, but I can't keep going through this. Epic I love you and your engine but you're breaking my heart here. New features are not as important as making sure you don't break already established code/blueprint. If you're changing things this much you should just wait awhile and release UE5. I would love to see a release that doesn't change blueprint code in anyway while adding features and bug fixes. Honestly at this point I don't care about new additions, I just want new patches to stop breaking my game.
                    I prefer to see the release cycle as: Major release (new features) -> Hotfix (broken features fixed) -> Hotfix (broken features fixed) -> Hotfix (broken features fixed) -> Major release (new features), etc.

The previews are nice but you shouldn't be upgrading the game you're working on to a new major release unless you've tested it and everything passes. In fact, upgrading to a version where you have any engine bugs at all makes no sense, just stay with the version you're stable on until you can get the issues you've encountered fixed at Epic's end or a release passes all of your tests. Be conservative in your engine upgrade cycle and you'll have less of a bad day.

Comment

Lighting Channels is grayed out? Anyone know how to enable them?
                      Alessa Baker,
                      Technical Artist & Member of the Epic Streaming Team.

Shelling System - Measurement-based Blockout tool for Level Designers and Arch Viz Artists.

Comment

I am not sure if this is intentional, but the offline documentation seems to be missing from github source release (UnrealEngine/Engine/Documentation/CHM/API.chm)
                        I have been though several UE4 versions now and am not sure where this CHM originally came from (compiled release/source release?).
                        I am reasonably sure this used to be part of the gitdependencies downloaded by setup.bat.

Git hub source does not include all files required to rebuild documentation using UnrealDocTool/doxygen.
                        Probably a low priority given that everyone just jumps online (took me 2 weeks to notice)...
                        Dialectical a futuristic racer is out now on Google Play (currently soft launched in Australia / New Zealand only).

Comment

Originally posted by Sythen View Post
                          Lighting Channels is grayed out? Anyone know how to enable them?
                          They require the actor to be set to movable and same with the light needing to be movable before these can be set. They only work with dynamic lighting and do not work with Static lighting.

For additional information you can see the Release Notes for 4.11.
                          Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                          UE4 Documentation

Comment

Using over 0 AIController ticktime, even with post update work setting, still crash the editor, at least when pressing play and when that AI controller is used. Started with 4.11, and still in 4.11.2

Starting editor with -dx12 parameter cause crash and also right clicking instance component in Cloner Generator marketplace asset cause it. And possible "out of bounds"-errors in blueprints also crash the editor very easily.

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing this in detail.

Comment

In 4.11.2 DFAO doesn't work properly, is that happening for everybody?
                                Artstation
                                Join the support channel
                                Gumroad Store

Comment

Working...
                                X