No announcement yet.

4.11 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. No Gear VR fixes :/ Is it safe to say those will be going into 4.12 ?

Comment

Originally posted by hippowombat View Post
      Is there a way to utilize this in the event graph at run-time? I'm calling it in my event graph to update the collision after spline points are added and placed , but it's not actually updating the collision.
      Anyone know anything about this?

Comment

Thx Epic for new update 4.11.2!
        Unreal Development Kit/Unreal Engine 4 User

"You're not getting what you want? Then calm, relax, push yourself a little more and wait for your moment to arrive, because everything has its time."

Comment

wow a very big update, in my life I never seen a update with so many bugs fixed.
          Good work!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StoneKingRush View Post
            Hello Epic Games, I'm StoneKingRush. I want to ask a question:
            Will Unreal Egnine compiled on 32-bit Windows?
            If so, in your ranks will get new and possibly cool developers.
            I hope and believe.
            Welcome to the UE4 community!

When you say compile are you saying compiling from source with Visual Studio? OR, do you mean packaging a game to run on 32-bit windows?

teak
            "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
            -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

Comment

Originally posted by jinkazama82it View Post
              wow a very big update, in my life I never seen a update with so many bugs fixed.
              Good work!!!
              Epic rocks... Of course there are bugs, but they do try as best as possible with the resources available to knock out the most annoying ones!

teak
              "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
              -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

Comment

Awesome work Epic, thats alot of great bug fixes!
                W3 Studios

Comment

Yes, thanks looking very good. Landscape editing feels stable again so far. What I noticed, the cast shadows (dynamic) as two sided setting dont seem to work in 4.11. You can toggle that setting and far shadows on/off for wanted streaming level and the landscape cast shadow or not randomly after each change. But when loading the editor again, shadows are missing again even the two sided setting would be enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                    Fixed! UE-29100 Disable spawanbles in 4.11 because they can cause scene corruption and won't be compatible with 4.12
                    What does it mean? What spawnables were disabled?
                    Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                    Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Originally posted by RVillani View Post
                      What does it mean? What spawnables were disabled?
                      AFAIK it's about Sequencer.

Dev note by Stephen Ellis: Correct. These were a Sequencer feature.
                      Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 04-20-2016, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Hi guys

So far as I know 4.11 is now fully support on LeapMotion. I don't have to download plugins from Github anymore.

but does anyone encounter " failed to package when enable leapmotion from plugin sections "?

Comment

Is anyone else finding that in 4.11 the content-browser right-click menu is highly unreliable? It appears to be there but it's invisible - I can summon submenus but I can't see the main menu.

Comment

Is blutility functions changed some how? I can't seem to open window were I can click buttons to call different editor callable functions.

Comment

Fixed! UE-28811 Get mouse X/ Get mouse Y returns zero after the user clicks the screen and mouse is shown
                              Fixed! UE-29148 Using "Show Mouse Cursor" breaks mouse axis movement
                              These appear to still be broken.
                              There is no method using blueprints to access Mouse X/Y values that work under the following conditions (4.11 project and 4.11.2 empty project):

1) Mouse Cursor is set to shown on PlayerController
                              2) Any Mouse Button has been released once already (mouse wheel x/y N/A)
                              3) No mouse button is currently in pressed state (mouse 4/5+ included)

The following all return 0 under the above conditions on both PlayerController (consume input disabled) and a possesed spectator pawn (input enabled):

-Custom Mouse Axis Bind
                              -GetMouseX/Y Function Call
                              -MouseX/Y Axis Events
                              -MouseX/Y GetAxisValue Call

My testing has shown this bug to be centered around the Project Settings -> Input variable named "Default Viewport Mouse Capture Mode". The two capture Permanently options are providing the wrong capture. Capture during MouseDown and RightMouseDown is working as intended. However all modes process mouse input until first mouse up event. During this time, the cursor is bound to the game window.

In addition, setting "Consume Input" to false on mouse axis events does not work correctly, the event will fire on a controlled pawn but the value of the axis will be 0 (in addition to the above issue).

Further testing shows:

-Setting InputModeGameOnly will reset Mouse values to a state similar to first run (ie. before first MouseUp event)
                              -Setting InputMode to either UI enabled option acts like the MouseUp event does in terms of causing a mouse 0 state, and was also extremely buggy in my test case.

I have a test project here if anyone wants to verify to see if there is an error somewhere.
                              Last edited by Nodrak; 04-20-2016, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodrak View Post
                                These appear to still be broken.
                                There is no method using blueprints to access Mouse X/Y values that work under the following conditions (4.11 project and 4.11.2 empty project):
                                Hi Nodrak, can you please re-post this as an Answerhub bug report (follow the link in my signature), and our support staff will follow-up there. Thanks
                                Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                                X