Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.11 Released!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by CleanCut View Post
    Wow. By the time I got through reading the release notes (and had to skim a lot), the 4.11.1 hotfix had been released. You guys are amazing.

    That being said, I'm shocked that other Mac users haven't complained about the fact the the blueprint action context menu loses search field input focus immediately. This is a huge issue for me, since I do blueprints on the Mac a ton! And yes, I submitted it on AnswerHub (having read countless instances of staff reminding people to submit issues to AnswerHub). I'm eagerly awaiting some response. :-)
    Hi CleanCut, actually I believe another user has already reported it (https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...cus-broke.html) and we have logged this internally as UE-29024.

    Cheers
    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

    Comment


      The 4.11.1 fix got my Rift DK2 working again, however spatial movement via the camera does not appear to be working. Also my in-game player height has been cut in half (but the camera has not moved). This is not the behavior of the Rift DK2 pre 4.11 and pre Oculus 1.3 (was previously 0.8). I am frustrated because I have been working on a project for months now, and suddenly I can't really work on it or test it, or even show it to people. I mean you all can't possibly have expected every single UE4 Rift developer to have been first in line to buy the Rift CV1 right? There must be a TON of us in this position right now. Please address.

      Comment


        For some reason my rift has stopped working after updating to 4.11.1. VR preview is greyed out and I can't launch in VR after packaging either. Will update when I find a solution.

        FIX: Delete your current run time and sensor drivers, download and install Oculus home. then in settings go to general and toggle the allow unknown sources option.

        If you are using a DK2 just skip all the sections inquiring about controllers and the new sensor. There are some weird issues with using the DK2 with 1.3.0 though.
        Last edited by HaxO; 04-08-2016, 08:46 PM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by ChristianV View Post
          The 4.11.1 fix got my Rift DK2 working again, however spatial movement via the camera does not appear to be working. Also my in-game player height has been cut in half (but the camera has not moved). This is not the behavior of the Rift DK2 pre 4.11 and pre Oculus 1.3 (was previously 0.8). I am frustrated because I have been working on a project for months now, and suddenly I can't really work on it or test it, or even show it to people. I mean you all can't possibly have expected every single UE4 Rift developer to have been first in line to buy the Rift CV1 right? There must be a TON of us in this position right now. Please address.
          Hi ChristianV, I believe this may address your issue. https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...tor/index.html
          Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

          Comment


            Originally posted by HaxO View Post
            For some reason my rift has stopped working after updating to 4.11.1. VR preview is greyed out and I can't launch in VR after packaging either. Will update when I find a solution.
            Hi HaxO, are you updated to the Oculus 1.3 SDK? UE4 is updated to that in 4.11.1.
            Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

            Comment


              Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
              Hi ChristianV, I believe this may address your issue. https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...tor/index.html
              Thank you, I will look into this.

              -edit

              So this looks like a tutorial to add some kind of null object in my camera hierarchy in order to add an offset to get it off the ground. But there's still the issue of the head tracking not appearing to work properly. When I swing my head side to side, it feels like everything is spinning around me, like there's something wrong with the FOV. It SEEMS like I can lean in and out of the scene, but turning my head side to side looks really off.
              Last edited by ChristianV; 04-08-2016, 06:31 PM.

              Comment


                Hello Epic Games, I'm StoneKingRush. I want to ask a question:
                Will Unreal Egnine compiled on 32-bit Windows?
                If so, in your ranks will get new and possibly cool developers.
                I hope and believe.

                Comment


                  Lock to HMD toggle solved my problem. Thanks again for the link.

                  Comment


                    I'm trying to use Sequencer for my animation short project, but I can't find a Cinematic Viewport anywhere. I saw guys from Epic using it, but it simply doesn't exist in viewport options, even though I enabled Sequencer itself and reloaded UE4.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                      Hi HaxO, are you updated to the Oculus 1.3 SDK? UE4 is updated to that in 4.11.1.
                      Yes, I did like the reddit post said, downloaded oculus home and changed the settings to allow unknown sources and it works ok. 1.3 seems to have some weird issues with the DK2.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by jwainwright View Post
                        Apex cloth doesn't seem to make the transition from 4.10 to 4.11 gracefully. You can remove apex in your 4.10 project and re-import them into your 4.11 project to circumvent it for now.

                        Otherwise, you probably want to post to answerhub
                        That's awful. Then we gotta redo it. Thanks for the info.

                        Comment


                          Camera animations don't work after using seamless travel. This was asked in 4.10 and not answered or added to bug tracking. Bringing it up in 4.11

                          https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...less-trav.html

                          Comment


                            One word, EPIC! Great stuff. Thanks to all involved!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by StoneKingRush View Post
                              Will Unreal Egnine compiled on 32-bit Windows?
                              Yes, there's an option to compile your projects for Win32 (among loads of othe platforms).
                              http://www.pixelpirates.se/
                              Architectural and product visualisations

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Frepp73 View Post
                                Yes, there's an option to compile your projects for Win32 (among loads of othe platforms).
                                Well, you can compile a game project for 32 bits OS, but the UE4 Editor itself requires 64 bit and 8Go of memory (https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...pecifications/)
                                [Gamedev programmer at Darewise (Paris) - We are hiring]
                                UE4 Git LFS 2.x Source Control Plugin 2.14-beta for UE4.23 - (v1 integrated by default since UE4.7)
                                UE4 Plastic SCM Source Control Plugin 1.4.6 for UE4.23 - (integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.24)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X