No announcement yet.

4.11 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I'm not able to scrub through rig animations in matinee and watch the morph targets animate. At my studio were in the process of testing out 4.11 and we noticed that when we scrub animations in matinee the morph targets are not updating. The only way to see the animations is to play the matinee or loop the matinee. Normally this would not be a big deal but when we QA the scene or add lighting or effects it makes it really hard to accomplish these tasks. I am wondering if this is a bug or a new import setting that we haven't seen yet. I also went through the project and editor setting and could not find any options that might be associated with this issue.

i also posted this issue in the answer hub

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...nee-ue411.html

Comment

Hi. I have a crash (assert failed) at Play in PIE (Debug Editor) from any landscape height field collision component.

There is a callstack:

> UE4Editor-CoreUObject-Win64-Debug.dll!FUObjectAnnotationSparseSearchable<FUniqueObjectGuid,1>::AddAnnotation(const UObjectBase * Object, FUniqueObjectGuid Annotation) Line 303 C++
      UE4Editor-CoreUObject-Win64-Debug.dll!FLazyObjectPtr::PossiblySerializeObjectGuid(UObject * Object, FArchive & Ar) Line 142 C++
      UE4Editor-CoreUObject-Win64-Debug.dll!UObject::Serialize(FArchive & Ar) Line 958 C++
      UE4Editor-Engine-Win64-Debug.dll!UActorComponent::Serialize(FArchive & Ar) Line 1627 C++
      UE4Editor-Engine-Win64-Debug.dll!USceneComponent::Serialize(FArchive & Ar) Line 1809 C++
      UE4Editor-Engine-Win64-Debug.dll!UPrimitiveComponent::Serialize(FArchive & Ar) Line 586 C++
      UE4Editor-Landscape-Win64-Debug.dll!ULandscapeHeightfieldCollisionComponent::Serialize(FArchive & Ar) Line 1247 C++
      UE4Editor-CoreUObject-Win64-Debug.dll!StaticDuplicateObjectEx(FObjectDuplicationParameters & Parameters) Line 1823 C++
      UE4Editor-CoreUObject-Win64-Debug.dll!StaticDuplicateObject(const UObject * SourceObject, UObject * DestOuter, const FName DestName, EObjectFlags FlagMask, UClass * DestClass, EDuplicateForPie DuplicateForPIE, EInternalObjectFlags InternalFlagsMask) Line 1716 C++
      UE4Editor-UnrealEd-Win64-Debug.dll!UEditorEngine::CreatePIEWorldByDuplication(FWorldContext & WorldContext, UWorld * InWorld, FString & PlayWorldMapName) Line 3534 C++
      UE4Editor-Engine-Win64-Debug.dll!UGameInstance::InitializePIE(bool bAnyBlueprintErrors, int PIEInstance, bool bRunAsDedicated) Line 158 C++
      UE4Editor-UnrealEd-Win64-Debug.dll!UEditorEngine::CreatePIEGameInstance(int PIEInstance, bool bInSimulateInEditor, bool bAnyBlueprintErrors, bool bStartInSpectatorMode, bool bRunAsDedicated, float PIEStartTime) Line 2730 C++
      UE4Editor-UnrealEd-Win64-Debug.dll!UEditorEngine::PlayInEditor(UWorld * InWorld, bool bInSimulateInEditor) Line 2324 C++
      UE4Editor-UnrealEd-Win64-Debug.dll!UEditorEngine::StartQueuedPlayMapRequest() Line 1100 C++
      UE4Editor-UnrealEd-Win64-Debug.dll!UEditorEngine::Tick(float DeltaSeconds, bool bIdleMode) Line 1251 C++
      UE4Editor-UnrealEd-Win64-Debug.dll!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick(float DeltaSeconds, bool bIdleMode) Line 370 C++
      UE4Editor-Win64-Debug.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() Line 2643 C++

TAnnotation ExistingAnnotation = this->GetAnnotation(Object);
      if (!Annotation.IsDefault())
      {
      int32 NumExistingRemoved = InverseAnnotationMap.Remove(ExistingAnnotation);
      checkSlow(NumExistingRemoved == 0);
      }
      Last edited by v.s.; 04-06-2016, 05:53 AM.

Comment

I'll feel like an idiot if this is an issue on my end.. but this code has been running fine since 4.9 - i think child actor constructors are not running correctly on mapload

related answer hub - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...g-failure.html

this issue has already been identified and UE-29007 was created - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...itor-rest.html
        Last edited by BPANDREW; 04-06-2016, 07:31 AM.
        ZOMBIE TOWN AHHH (ANDROID/STEAM) | RIDE SHARE EMPIRE (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | NEVER NOT KNIGHT (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | TWITTER | MY UE4 TUTORIALS | ANSWERHUB

Comment

Originally posted by v.s. View Post
          Hi. I have a crash (assert failed) at Play in PIE (Debug Editor) from any landscape height field collision component.

There is a callstack:

}
          Hi v.s.,

Please post any bugs or crashes you come across on the AnswerHub in the Bug Reports section with any repro steps, call stack, logs, and other helpful information to reproduce the bug. Once posted we can assign to one of the support staff to investigated.

You can follow the link in my signature for how to report a bug if needed.

Thank you!

Tim
          Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
          UE4 Documentation
          Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
            Hi Shirk and hcenteno. Can you provide a link to an Answerhub post where the issue you are experiencing is described in detail? Thanks
            I think this is related to https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...itor-rest.html
            ZOMBIE TOWN AHHH (ANDROID/STEAM) | RIDE SHARE EMPIRE (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | NEVER NOT KNIGHT (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | TWITTER | MY UE4 TUTORIALS | ANSWERHUB

Comment

Is it normal that my editor crashes just by deforming a landscape?

I keep getting this error in my logs when that happens:
              [2016.04.06-18.07.21:947][493]LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers\Array.h] [Line: 785]
              Array index out of bounds: -58 from an array of size 11
              Which I'm assuming it's what's causing the error, but I only create a landscape and deform it a little bit. It shouldn't really be crashing just for that.

Comment

Hi Keytotruth,

Please report any crashes or bugs on the AnswerHub in the Bug Reports section. The forums isn't the best place to track and follow up with any crashes or bugs being reported.

Please include the full call stack, logs, and any repro steps to reproduce this crash.

Thank you!

Tim
                Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                UE4 Documentation
                Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |

Comment

Question to developers:
                  Will you made for next version of UE4 the launcher for Linux? For example Unity's launcher working under Ubuntu, it's works perfect, without problems.
                  Why you don't want to create launcher for Ubuntu in same way, like Unity already does?

Comment

Originally posted by BlinCT View Post
                    Question to developers:
                    Will you made for next version of UE4 the launcher for Linux? For example Unity's launcher working under Ubuntu, it's works perfect, without problems.
                    Why you don't want to create launcher for Ubuntu in same way, like Unity already does?
                    Perhaps because there are only so many developers (read as: programmers) at Epic and they have Fortnight and Paragon in works (and UT most likely), besides supporting paid licensees and keep working on the engine that already requires maintenance for many platforms. So technically launcher isn't essential for development, it's a low priority. There are a lot more functional things to be fixed / implemented.

Why don't you use WINE to use Windows launcher to download content ?

Comment

UPDATE!

The 4.11.1 Hotfix is now live! It updates the Oculus SDK to 1.3, and resolves a number of significant issues.

If you experience a bug with the 4.11.1 Hotfix, please remember to log a bug report for the issue on the UE4 AnswerHub to the Bug Reports section.

Fixed in 4.11.1

Updated! UEBP-140 Oculus Integration 1.3 SDK, automation features, adapter support
                      Fixed! UE-28961 UnrealLightMass fails to compile with VS2015 Update 2
                      Fixed! UE-29031 Unable to connect to SSL Perforce Server
                      Fixed! UE-28933 GarbageCollection crash using IWCE
                      Fixed! UE-28992 [CrashReport] Crash When Enabling Capsule Direct Shadows on a Skeletal Mesh
                      Fixed! UE-29005 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FGCCollector::HandleObjectReferences() [garbagecollection.cpp:586]
                      Fixed! UE-29012 Crash attempting to open blueprints with make nodes of missing structures made prior to 4.11
                      Fixed! UE-28954 PSVR Using Old Tracking Data
                      Fixed! UE-29080 GearVR - project unexpectedly closes on launch
                      Fixed! UE-29108 GearVR vrplatlib.jar staging logic is backward
                      Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Oohh, Gear VR fixes!! Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the Hotfix!
                          SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

Good work Epic!
                            This is much appreciated.

Has UE-28811(show mouse cursor disables mouse events) been fixed in 4.11.1 ?
                            Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Frames Per Second is NOT a proper performance metric, You should use frame time. You can read this or this as to why.
                            (Profiling) Tools: RenderDoc (UE4 Plugin), NVIDIA nSight, AMD GPU PerfStudio, CodeXL
                            Good articles/Series: A trip through the Graphics Pipeline 2011

Comment

Originally posted by ryan20fun View Post
                              Good work Epic!
                              This is much appreciated.

Has UE-28811(show mouse cursor disables mouse events) been fixed in 4.11.1 ?
                              Not in 4.11.1 (we would have listed it). But we are working on it for our next Hotfix, 4.11.2.
                              Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for the hot fixes! I will probably wait until some more bugs are fixed before upgrading fully. Meanwhile I will keep testing.
                                Bacon Man : An Adventure (UE4)

Comment

Working...
                                X